Maryville vs William Blount

WBGradFan

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

keep making the 100-0 score predictions, and the "Maryville won't beat them bad cause Coach Q will take out the starters" and the "bet Blount won't get 10 points against the #1 defensive unit" predictions." And by the way, PRAY THAT YOU'RE RIGHT. Cause if somehow on Friday night, their was some weird gravitational pull that alligned all the stars just right and time ceased to be for a couple of hours and WB did the unthinkable ... you'll look just as silly as the Ooltewah fans did after last week.

GovMan,

Don't know if it's coincidence, but my resident psychic down here said that this weekend Mars and Jupiter are going to be alligned, shining a red light down through space, reflecting off the sunsphere in knoxville, magnified into a laser beam as it passes through the swamp gas from the greenbelt right down into shields stadium creating chaos and disorder. So this one's for you buddy . . .

MARYVILLE: 101

William Blount: -13.6 (I don't know if that's ever been possible before, but with space laser beams and all who knows)

:)

Do you all think Maryville High can beat Maryville College?? Sorry, but there is no question about what they'll do to William Blount.The only question will be how bad coach Q wants to beat an in county rival.Put your dreams in your pocket this week Gov fans and it won't hurt as bad.Some teams(coaches) are just a cut above.Have fun at the game and eat lots of hot dogs. :)

You know what's really cool? This Friday night, we get to actually find out if WB can possible compete with Maryville. It's interesting how good Ooltewah "was" until lowly old WB beat them. Ranked #3 in the state 5A (AP) - predicted to battle Oak Ridge for supremecy in their region--loaded with all kinds of all state, all region, division 1 type talent ... then Blount beats them and suddenly they're not as good as Powell.

All week, before the Ooltewah game, their fans bashed WB. Talked about how we wouldn't know what hit us ... talked about how we had played weak opponents ... talked about how great their linebackers were and how we'd never be able to run around them ... talked about how we didn't have a good qb or passing game ... talked about how impressive their stats were. The awesome thing was, we actually got to "buckle the chin straps" and step out on the field and play a dad-jim high school football game. And when it was over, Ooltewah had to make a long bus ride home.

Blount has no reason to make bold predictions concerning Maryville. Their history against them is pitiful. While we've played the pions of high school football around here evidently -- Sevier County, Northwest Clarksville, Soddy Daisy, and Ooltewah ... Maryville has played the powerhouses -- Alcoa, Clinton, Heritage, and Powell. As so many of the Maryville fans are quick to point out (at least insinuate) we William Blount folks are idiots to even consider the option that Blount has a chance.

But like I said last week (and earlier in this message) ... what is really groovy is we get to "play the game." So go ahead guys, keep making the 100-0 score predictions, and the "Maryville won't beat them bad cause Coach Q will take out the starters" and the "bet Blount won't get 10 points against the #1 defensive unit" predictions." And by the way, PRAY THAT YOU'RE RIGHT. Cause if somehow on Friday night, their was some weird gravitational pull that alligned all the stars just right and time ceased to be for a couple of hours and WB did the unthinkable ... you'll look just as silly as the Ooltewah fans did after last week.

I love the MHS fans that support and believe and have great confidence in their team. Can't blame 'em ... Maryville has earned it. If Maryville goes to Murfreesboro this year, I'll be there screaming for them. I don't particularly care for the ones who's arrogance and ego eminate from all their posts and who have elevated a bunch of high school kids to the point that they act like kids from others schools are "lesser beings" or something.

Looking forward to THE GAME this week. Glad we get to play it on the field. At least there, we get to start at "0 - 0".

Govman , you seem unusually sensitive this week !! haha ! I haven't seen anything comparable from the Maryville fans to the way the Ooltewah fans talked last week . Most Maryville fans are confident ... i wonder why , but i haven't seen near the disrespect towards WB as i saw last week . You refer to Ootlewah a lot in your post .... well Maryville is not Ootlewah , and as a Maryville fan i find it offensive that some WB fans are trying to compare Maryville to Ootlewah . What has Ooltewah ever done to be compared to Maryville ?? I wouldn't have blamed you a bit last week for being upset because of the lack of respect given to you from your opponent from the " regular " posters , but you can not compare that blatant disrespect to how the majority of the Maryville fans have posted . You just need to disregard a couple of our young , brash posters , but overall Maryville respects William Blount , and knows we're in for a dog fight . Don't misinterpret confidence for arrogance . Maryville fans should be confident .

Edited by pepvol

If Maryville doesn't bring their A game they could very well lose. Blount's backfield is as good and fast as always, but I believe Wall has been the main reason for their improvement this year.

After watching the replay of the Blount game, what happened to the big FB from Ooltewah who committed to South Carolina? I was wanting to get a look at him and didn't see him out there.

Govman , you seem unusually sensitive this week !! haha ! I haven't seen anything comparable from the Maryville fans to the way the Ooltewah fans talked last week . Most Maryville fans are confident ... i wonder why , but i haven't seen near the disrespect towards WB as i saw last week . You refer to Ootlewah a lot in your post .... well Maryville is not Ootlewah , and as a Maryville fan i find it offensive that some WB fans are trying to compare Maryville to Ootlewah . What has Ooltewah ever done to be compared to Maryville ?? I wouldn't have blamed you a bit last week for being upset because of the lack of respect given to you from your opponent from the " regular " posters , but you can not compare that blatant disrespect to how the majority of the Maryville fans have posted . You just need to disregard a couple of our young , brash posters , but overall Maryville respects William Blount , and knows we're in for a dog fight . Don't misinterpret confidence for arrogance . Maryville fans should be confident .

Right on, confidence is not arrogance! I agree Maryville fans have every right to be confident in the Reb's. Just like WB should be confident in the Gov's, nothing wrong there. I expect a tough game but it is the kind of game the Rebels live for and this team is really starting to jell. Can't get up for Clinton and Heritage until they start winning games and beating good teams. WB beat a good team by 7pionts. Seven runs on your home turf is not a dominating preformance, but a good win none the less! This week Maryville wins so enjoy the game.

By the way will that be barbque beef or pork?

If Maryville doesn't bring their A game they could very well lose. Blount's backfield is as good and fast as always, but I believe Wall has been the main reason for their improvement this year.

After watching the replay of the Blount game, what happened to the big FB from Ooltewah who committed to South Carolina? I was wanting to get a look at him and didn't see him out there.

He did not play. Missed the game because of a staff infection. He should be back next week.

Along with Central, this may be Maryville's toughest test of the regular season. William Blount is strong, fast, and athletic, but I think Maryville will prevail in a very close game. A lot may depend on momentum shifts, and here is where I give MHS the advantage. Should be a very good high school game. Good luck Rebels.

so far we have had 3 games that were supposed to be our toughest challenge??? how many more are we going to have