Gallatin at John Overton

Gtowner

I think that this matchup will showcase arguably the two best defenses in Region 5-5A Football. John Overton has not allowed more than 14 points in any game this season. But possibly their most impressive feat was holding a very talented Antioch team to only 3 points two weeks ago. And Gallatin has allowed over 7 points in only two games (one of which was vs Wilson Central). They also kept Antioch from scoring a TD and held them to 6 points this past week. Look for this to be a low scoring football game. I am looking forward to making the trip out to Overton for the very first time this Friday night. I hope to see you all there!

My Predicton: Gallatin 10 Overton 3

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Antioch played Overton they did it without Brown. Antioch hasn't been in the endzone for 3 games. I know Overton has a defense that hasn't given up but 41 points all year and only 9 in region play. That will make for a tough region game for both. I haven't heard much on here about Overton and that has me worried. Gallatin is scoring 21.3 points a game and Overton is giving up 6.7 points per game. Overton is scoring 18.2 while Gallatin is giving up 11.2. If these numbers work out it could be a 10-7 game easily. Overton held Hillsboro to 6 and PC to 12. They beat Glencliff 33-0. I hope we are ready fo a tough game because I'm sure we will have one our hands.

im a student at overton. and are biggest flaw is are offense. some nights it shows up others it dosent. daniel white had a great game last friday against hunters lane. are D has been almost perfect all season. and has really tightenend up lately. are linebackers have been amazing. and have really seen some people step up and show they want to play. should be a great game. i of course will be there.

im a student at overton. and are biggest flaw is are offense. some nights it shows up others it dosent. daniel white had a great game last friday against hunters lane. are D has been almost perfect all season. and has really tightenend up lately. are linebackers have been amazing. and have really seen some people step up and show they want to play. should be a great game. i of course will be there.

Sounds just like us. We put 4 linebackers on the field that aren't too shabby either. I just wonder if either of us can score.

If Overton's defense is as good as advertised, Gallatin had better start holding onto the ball better. Turnovers will kill you all of the time, but especially against a stingy defense. The Wave has been able to move the ball rather effectively here lately, but it hasn't really shown on the scoreboard because of some of the fumbles. Hopefully everyone will be healthy this week, because I think we may need it. You know Overton will have some outstanding athletes, most Metro schools do, but I think Gallatin's conditioning and depth will win out in the end. I missed my first game of the year against Antioch because of a wedding, but I'll be back out at Overton.

Go Big Green!!

Overton plays defense like most all metro schools. They place 8 or 9 players in the box and challange the team to throw the ball on them. If you have any type of passing attack you could light them up for 30 or 40 points. Their LB'S blitz on most every play and don't have a clue as to how you cover a back out of the backfield or a TE that drags across the middle. Teams with average passing attacks like Ravenwood or Brentwood would probably put 50 points on their defense.

Overton plays defense like most all metro schools. They place 8 or 9 players in the box and challange the team to throw the ball on them. If you have any type of passing attack you could light them up for 30 or 40 points. Their LB'S blitz on most every play and don't have a clue as to how you cover a back out of the backfield or a TE that drags across the middle. Teams with average passing attacks like Ravenwood or Brentwood would probably put 50 points on their defense.

If you think this defense is like most metro schools, you are highly mistaken. This defense flies to the ball where ever it is on the field. Their LB's are going to have a field day with Gallatin's offense and I see the Wave falling to Overton. Why, because their offense has gotten on track the last two weeks. Watch out for this team down the stretch.