WHAT MAKES ALCOA SO GOOD?

BUC4LIFE

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first guess would be because they have 4 definite and possibly 1 or 2 more players going to play in division 1 ball. No one can say the coaching is good or bad because any coach or coaching staff with that many quality players will look good. I don't pull for Alcoa but I know that they are good enough to beat most or possibly anybody in 2a if they play as a team.

Alcoa has great athletes and great facilities. They have a very nice football field. Their gymnasium is one of the best I ever seen. Alcoa has good youth league programs also.

Mmmm...I don't usually disagree with you Ron, but I don't think their facilites are all that great. A new gym don't count in football. They could use some serious upgrades in their football facilities. They also deserve them!! ;)

Alcoa wins on talent...always have, always will. Their coaching is much better than it had been before Coach Reid arrived. They also have a real commitment to the wieghts since he arrived and that plays in heavily.

Their kids are in shape, prepared to go both ways and amazingly talented...pretty simple really.

Also, they play teams that even though their schools are big enough to be 2A, they really have no business playing 2A ball. Not with teams like Alcoa, Huntingdon and others in the mix.

We can talk about their great basketball gym during basketball season Ron ;):)

Edited by Rebel Nation

Mmmm...I don't usually disagree with you Ron, but I don't think their facilites are all that great. A new gym don't count in football. They could use some serious upgrades in their football facilities. They also deserve them!! :thumb:

Alcoa wins on talent...always have, always will. Their coaching is much better than it had been before Coach Redi arrived. They also have a real commitment to the wieghts since he arrived and that plays in heavily.

Their kids are in shape, prepared to go both ways and amazingly talented...pretty simple really.

Also, they play teams that even though their schools are big enough to be 2A, they really have no business playing 2A ball. Not with teams like Alcoa, Huntingdon and others in the mix.

We can talk about their great basketball gym during basketball season Ron ;);)

There are many schools that would die for Alcoa's facilities. The playing field is excellent. Press box and concessions are spread out and very good. The visitors stands are spacious and only a few years old. They have a spacious practice field behind the visitors side that used to be the baseball field. I haven't been in the dressing room or weight room in several years but I know they are spacious. The visitors dressing room is in the old gym and probably is the weakest asset (which it should be).

Overall I would give Alcoa's footbal facilities a 'very good" score and as Ron said, the basketball facility is second to none and this year they will open a new baseball/softball complex that will be the envy of all TSSAA schools. Alcoa's commitment to sports facilities is quite evident.

FBE,

Once again you show your bias against Alcoa. I believe that Alcoa is only two gold balls behind Maryville, yet you are never able to give Alcoa any credit.

Alcoa has a winning tradition. Alcoa year in and year out has had competitive teams with very few exceptions.

You should be use to it by now. Anywhere the Alcoa football team is mentioned your going to have a Reb Crashing the Board. I gave Alcoa Credit for playing teams outside the norm and its like Gettsburg! Rebs everywhere! :thumb:

Should Top Teams in the State Play other top programs

MBA, Riverdale and Alcoa stepping up! Others?

Edited by rigger101

You should be use to it by now. Anywhere the Alcoa football team is mentioned your going to have a Reb Crashing the Board. I gave Alcoa Credit for playing teams outside the norm and its like Gettsburg! Rebs everywhere! :thumb:

Sort of like how your doing in every Maryville thread , i may start calling you crash rigger . Can you actually make a post without mentioning the Maryville Rebels now ?