Best Regular Season Game You've Ever Been To

mcfan10

One that sticks out from the top of my head, Riverdale at Smyrna 2004 (Week 2)...Just a electrifying game. You couldnt blink or else you missed a score. It was 55-20 at half, Riverdale took it 65-20 final. It wasnt really a close game, just a fun one to attend. The environment was great. Also the second match-up between Riverdale and Smyrna (at Riverdale, 2nd round in the playoffs) was also a interesting game...0-0 at half! Riverdale pulled it out with a victory though 35-0 :huh:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't know about the best regular season game but the best hs game i ever saw was between sequatchie county and kingston in the playoffs. Both teams played their guts out with sequatchie having about 20 players and kingston having 60. the stadium was rocking and the team that won was simply the one who got it last.

I think the best game I have ever seen was the William Blount-Dobyns Bennett game in 2001. William Blount went up there and knocked off the #2 ranked team in the state at Dobyns-Bennett's home field. Reese McMahan led the charge with an incredible performance that had DB fans saying good things about him for a couple years. Too bad he injured his soldier on one of the last plays of the game or I think WB probably would have reached the 4th round of the playoffs and then would have had to play Riverdale...that game probably wouldnt have went the Govs way but still that was one of the best teams in WB's history that just had some really bad luck with injuries.

• 2 weeks later...

The best game would have to be last season in Rockwood. Sweetwater came to town and Dustin Lathum was dominating. Come 4th qrt. Rockwood was up, the teams swap punts and sweetwater had the ball 1st and goal w/ alittle over 2min. left. The tigers held until 4th down and thats when Dustin Lathum was found in the back of the endzone wide open. The tigers get the ball back w/ about a min. and a half left and on third and 15 Corey Payne found Johnny Coaker on a bomb but that wasn't it. Johnny was covered by two cats and he tips it twice falls and catches it while laying on his back for a first down. Then the tigers ran a play and called a timeout. The play after the timeout Johnny the lines up in the wrong spot but it confused the cats D and cause TE Zach Peddicord to come open at the one. The tigers then punched it in and made the comeback and a perfection of the 2 min. drill. Had to be there to see it.

1974 Baylor at Red Bank. Baylor was the defending mythical national champ and came to Red Bank with a 9-0 record. Red Bank was 8-1 and needed to win to make the playoffs. Game was tied at end of regulation 7-7. Baylor won 31-28 in five overtimes. That was the first year the overtime rule was used. The guy that kicked the winning field goal lived in Red Bank.

I was at that game, Red Bank should have won- Bayor had the ball at Red Banks

32 yard line with 2 minutes to go the score was 7-0 in Red Banks favor and it was 4th down. Red Bank shot their linebackers Manning and Davis the quarterback for Baylor flip the ball back on an option over the tailbacks head but he still caught it and went down the sidelines to the four yard line. Red Bank lost in the 5th overtime, the name of the kicker for Baylor was Henry!