CLOSED SCHOOLS

Red Rebels

Has Duncan Prep in Nashville been mentioned or did it pre-date most everybody? It was still around in the early '50s. Can't recall when it closed or what the mascot was.

Duncan was the Longhorns.

Somebody asked where Haynes was...it was in the Bordeaux/North Nashville area. It closed at the end of the '66-'67 year, and their kids went to Cumberland, which is where I saw my first game in 1967.

Yeah, that's them. I grew up in the dust of Peay Park, so the Resha's, the Thomas' (Melody and "Pokey") and even Jamie Denton (the actor) were some of the people I hung out with there. Goodlettsville wasn't that big back then and on the ballfield everybody knew everybody. There are probably several other names I could mention from the Gateway area that you would know (the Randolphs, Janco's, Brown's, Lawson's) that you might know.

When I said Tony I meant Stubblefield.

I grew up at Peay park at about the same time. Jamie Denton was a year behind me in baseball ages. I played kids football with a Donny Stubblefield, and in Florida, met a fingerprint technician named Stubblefield, who had grown up in Goodlettsville.

I played baseball there from '71-'78 (from 9-17).

There was also a Rogersville High and before they split to make East and West there was Morristown High...

Also, Jefferson High, Maury High are some in Jefferson County...might have been a couple others like Rush Strong High and White Pine High...maybe?

In Campbell County there was Wynn-Habersham...