Lake County at McKenzie - Oct. 14

BOHICA

McKenzie better learn to play some defense. Also, how about mixing a run or two in with those 70+ passes? Lake County is going to tear the Rebels up. They won't be able to stop the option and all Lake County needs is about 2 stops on defense to win. Similar to the UC game, I will go with LC - 42 McKenzie 28.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my take on the game. If Mckenzie throws the ball 40 plus times,Lake Co will win the game but if the rebels have somewhat of a running game it could pose alot of problems for the falcons. The falcons are very good at stopping the run but throw in some play action and it could hurt them.There is no secret on what the falcons are going to do on offense. The key for the rebels is play enough defense to stop the falcons ground game.It's also Mckenzie homecoming which means alot of distractions for their team this week. Mckenzie has a great quaterback but if he has to throw it 40 plus mistakes are bound to happen. When you throw the ball 3 things happen and 2 of them are bad. Mckenzie run defense is very suspect and that is a big plus for the falcons.The falcons run defense has been stout all year but the secondary has not been really tested that is an advantage to Mckenzie but in my honest opinion Mckenzie must run the ball some to make the falcons respect the play action. If Mckenzie throws it all over the place and do not attempt to run the ball that is advantage to the falcons and probably the difference in the game.

Here is my take on the game. If Mckenzie throws the ball 40 plus times,Lake Co will win the game but if the rebels have somewhat of a running game it could pose alot of problems for the falcons. The falcons are very good at stopping the run but throw in some play action and it could hurt them.There is no secret on what the falcons are going to do on offense. The key for the rebels is play enough defense to stop the falcons ground game.It's also Mckenzie homecoming which means alot of distractions for their team this week. Mckenzie has a great quaterback but if he has to throw it 40 plus mistakes are bound to happen. When you throw the ball 3 things happen and 2 of them are bad. Mckenzie run defense is very suspect and that is a big plus for the falcons.The falcons run defense has been stout all year but the secondary has not been really tested that is an advantage to Mckenzie but in my honest opinion Mckenzie must run the ball some to make the falcons respect the play action. If Mckenzie throws it all over the place and do not attempt to run the ball that is advantage to the falcons and probably the difference in the game.

I Understand That you are takin up for your team and all but UC is the best and they killed both of them It will be a sad day for the swamp and a long drive back home for the falcons. It will be a homecoming of joy For the Rebels........................................... As in Rebels win by 3.....3 Touchdowns. Its A wrap its over.

I Understand That you are takin up for your team and all but UC is the best and they killed both of them It will be a sad day for the swamp and a long drive back home for the falcons. It will be a homecoming of joy For the Rebels........................................... As in Rebels win by 3.....3 Touchdowns. Its A wrap its over.

You keep on thinking that UC is the best.They did beat both LC and Mckenzie.UC has a great team and nobody is arguing that point but there is alot more football to be played and UC is not a lock to go to the boro. There are two seasons in football the regular season and playoff's. Just because you win in the regular season does not mean you will win in the playoff's.Good luck to UC the rest of the year and quit worrying about LC. Just one question for you, how many gold footballs do UC have? Oh, I can answer that NONE.

As near as I can find out, it was a recruiting visit for Drew. I won't bet my next paycheck on it but, pretty sure it was based on things I've heard. I was at the game Saturday myself and there were a lot of recruited HS players at the game from all over.

Drew did go for an unofficial visit to Knoxville. He also met with the baseball coaches on Sunday.

lakecountyfalconfan,

You're pretty close to my thinking on the game this week. Drew can throw more than 40 times and still cause a lot of trouble but, I don't go along with 70 throw nights as a steady diet for a fact. When I see you Friday night before the game remind me of this and I'll explain why I say it. Drew is a better passer than most teams ever see as a rule and we have good receivers too. Add in a ball control passing attack and it gets tough to handle. I DO agree that we have to get our RB Kegan Ball more involved than he was last week though. He was 0 involved last week and that won't work. He's a solid, tough little RB and we have to use him.

Our defense is not the best against the run but, what usually hurts them is teams running a lot of misdirection out of the T (or a variation of it). Especially with a big time FB carrying the ball or a RB like Boo Weathers at Huntingdon or the RB from Union City. It's gonna' be interesting ot see how things go Friday night. I'm not really sure what to expect out of ya'lls running game. What do ya'll do offensively. I know about Springer----do ya'll run an option offense?

Anyway, see you behind the goal post before the game. Have a safe trip and good luck to ya'll. Not TOO much good luck though!! :D;)

Edited by duckman38201

I must say that I hope you are right but, it ain't over 'till it's over. That's why we still have to play the games. I doubt you can find anyone in McKenzie that feels like we are a 3 TD favorite at this point. Most of us would feel great to get out with a 1 point W.

Duck,

It was an official visit. He also talked to Delmonico on Sunday about baseball.

As far as the Friday goes, he is the deal. At my old high school, ever week we did what I called BTB: Back to Basics. Anyone want to take a guess what the first basic was......................................................TACKLING!!! Thats it. We got to make tackles. wrap, swarm, take down. Bottom line.

Get back to the basics.

Amen again!!

Man, this is going to turn out to be one great fall break if Friday's game lives up to its potential. I mean -- NLCS Game 1 tonight, going to Game 2 tomorrow night, the LC-McKenzie game Friday, maybe the Lambuth game Saturday (to watch a couple of my former Falcon teammates), and playing golf Sunday before driving back to Knox Vegas.

Almost makes West Tennessee seem exciting. :thumb:

The falcons run defense has been stout all year but the secondary has not been really tested that is an advantage to Mckenzie but in my honest opinion Mckenzie must run the ball some to make the falcons respect the play action. If Mckenzie throws it all over the place and do not attempt to run the ball that is advantage to the falcons and probably the difference in the game.

If your secondary hasn't been tested this season, why wouldn't Mckenzie throw all over the place and expose your weakness?...Also, how is it an advantage to Lake Co., who according to you has a secondary that hasn't been tested, for Mckenzie to throw?...i see your other reasoning but it doesn't make too much sense...just wondering..