Lewis County @ Camden Central For Week 10

@38320

I also heard last night that Camden had already printed the "Region Champs" t-shirts and were selling them. That sounds pretty embarissing to whoever decided to go ahead and print them. Also, where was Wilbanks at last night. I've read all year on here that everyone is gonna know where he is cause he's gonna be layin people down. I don't recall any big hits last night, except for the one Colley put on that reciever by the endzone.

Wilbanks was out for injury. He played 2 plays.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What mistakes did Camden make...other than thinking they were going to roll on Lewis County?

Lewis County's defense played awesome, especially considering they were playing with a 3rd string freshman middle linebacker and a second string outside linebacker.

Boyd #5 looked better than Boyd #42.

The other RB was very good. I believe his name is Jesse Leonard. Also, if the PA announcer was accurate, he had about 85% of Camden's tackles.

The 4th and forever pass and catch late in the fourth quarter was as good as I have seen at the high school level. I believe it was #11, Matthew Hudson, who made the circus catch. That was clutch. About 3 plays later, Ryan Greve intercepted a pass and ran it all the way back for the TD.

Lewis County's line, offensive and defensive, stepped up last night. This didn't even look like the same line that played against Riverside just 2 weeks ago. Great job, guys.

What mistakes??? What about that blocked punt? Or the two muffed kickoffs? Or the stolen pitch on the option? Or the pick six? Holding on 3rd down conversions. The list goes on. Lots of mistakes, and championship teams don't make those mistakes when it counts. We did, you didn't. You see the result.

Anyways, none of that matters right now, it's time to go play the playoffs, and everyone is 0-0, and trophies don't matter. Do or die time!

Good luck to all 6-2A teams, hopefully we'll see Lewis Co. again. Always sweeter to get revenge in the playoffs.

Edited by rcombs

What mistakes??? What about that blocked punt? Or the two muffed kickoffs? Or the stolen pitch on the option? Or the pick six? Holding on 3rd down conversions. The list goes on. Lots of mistakes, and championship teams don't make those mistakes when it counts. We did, you didn't. You see the result.

Anyways, none of that matters right now, it's time to go play the playoffs, and everyone is 0-0, and trophies don't matter. Do or die time!

Good luck to all 6-2A teams, hopefully we'll see Lewis Co. again. Always sweeter to get revenge in the playoffs.

Sounds to me like some pretty good defense! :ph34r:

Congrats to LC & Coach Sharp. The Panthers made the plays when they had to! Hatton is a great back & the line did a great job of giving him some space.

The Lions just couldn't hang on to the football when they had to. 3 lost fumbles is just tough to overcome. We evened up the marks on the blocked punts, (one each!), but giving away the short field on the dropped kicks just killed us early. Two key injuries made a difference, but again, GREAT teams reload, adjust, & adapt.

Great job by Camden of getting it back to a 7-point game, but the Panthers just wouldn't let go of the football & it made a difference in how many offensive plays we had to work with. It's tough that the Lions couldn't make the plays that great teams have to make to beat good teams & Lewis County did a great job of closing Camden out.

Hunt4: Don't know where you heard about any "Dewey wins" t-shirts. I think that might have been "writers embellishment"! Please excuse any HS kids that might have been "too enthusiastic" on the visitor's side of the field. But, we were young once, right?

(c;

Best of luck to both teams in the playoffs!

GO LIONS!

Edited by kennyc

I actually heard that there in fact were t-shirts printed right when the game started. That's why some of the losers that weren't wearing shirts walked over to our side, they were asking if we knew where the shirts were because they were cold, and had to paint shirts on themselved. We all replied " We don't know man" and the kept on walking, i felt bad for them because not only did they lose, they had to wear no shirts the entire game! I reckon once they started getting beat the printers didn't send them to the game due to the embarassment they would have had to deal with, those poor poor boys had to go shirtless the whole time! sad sad sad.

Edited by dudumonaghan

I thought it looked pretty bad when some of our Camden students went over to the Lewis Co. side with no shirts. Not that it's right, but it sort of reminded me of the last time I was at a football game in Hohenwald (when we lost 12-13 in 03) and some of the adult Lewis Co. fans were on the Camden side - drunk. I want to see a good rivalry over the next four years. Let's keep it clean boys and do it right!

Edited by @38320