Lewis County @ Camden Central For Week 10

@38320

"lewis co has an awsome kicker, but i dont think they'll score any tds.. camden has got great speed and should score alot as usual..."

=========================

"Since Camden is going to win by 2 td's this is how it will turn out."

1- Camden

2- Riverside

3- Lewis County

4- Richland

==========================

"thanks ekard, i was jw about all that, but i believe that camden will have this one wrapped up, which means they and Riverside will have a home game, and lewis and richland will be traveling some long distances lol"

"Camden wins! Lewis Co. needs to pack a lunch because they will be taking a road trip!!!"

"Lewis Co dreams big but their dreams will turn into a nightmare after they go to Camden friday night. Like I said before Camden will win!"

"Im not trying to disrespect you on this but in my "opinion" the region championship was played last friday."

"Camden will DESTROY Lewis Co. this friday! Good luck to all 2A teams in the playoffs"

"sorry to bust ur bubble but lewis co. will not win.. camden wins easily!!"

I have been around for a long time covering LCHS football. One thing that I have found is that when you give Bobby Sharp an extra week to prepare for a team, you are going to have problems.

I think that the bulletin board material that Camden provided this week, just a few snippets that I have recorded here, made life much easier for a team and a coaching staff to get ready for this game. As d-daddy stated, whether you like it or not, Lewis County is not new to playing for regional championships every year. Our program has a rich and long tradition and every young man who walks through the locker room doors is well aware of that tradition. This is a team that has been to the playoffs for many, many years and is used to preparing for and playing in big games.

There is no doubt in my mind that Camden has a tremendously talented team. But I would suggest that in the next week, and hopefully weeks, that you show a little more humility in being a fine team. If you don't believe that the opponents read this stuff and feed off of it, then you are sadly wrong.

I would also like to congratulate the Camden fans who showed class after the fact and even more so to the Panthers who stayed away from the one upsmanship this week and took care of business tonight.

And for those who care, as I said at the beginning of this season, this is a team that is definitely on the rise. Get them now, if you can, because the next few years are going to be special. Freshmen starting at middle linebacker and safety, freshmen playing extensively on the line and in the defensive backfield. Sophomores at both wings, linebacker, offensive line, a gifted junior fullback and a middle school program that has won three straight bowl games and are 24-3 in their last 27 games.

I wish great success for all region 6-AA teams but I think if I have to hear how good west Tennessee is and how bad middle Tennessee is one more time, I will hurl...lol We are all part of region 6-AA. For those of us in Lewis County, we are the red headed stepchild of the Nashville media anyway. Maybe playing some teams west of the river will get us recognition in the Jackson Sun and Commercial Appeal, real newspapers, not like that rag The Tennessean!

And for all 6-A teams, Lewis County, Camden, Riverside and Richland. Please excersise humility with your posts. Telling everyone how you are going to slaughter your next opponent does nothing for you and everything for them. Good luck next week!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lewis County gave us a spanking last night at our house........Boy it sure hurt too. No excuses here. I thought we we were better and I thought Lewis Co. was worse. I was wrong. Congrats to a good Panther team. I'll be pulling for all the 6AA teams next week but Camden till I die.

"lewis co has an awsome kicker, but i dont think they'll score any tds.. camden has got great speed and should score alot as usual..."

1- Camden

2- Riverside

3- Lewis County

4- Richland

"thanks ekard, i was jw about all that, but i believe that camden will have this one wrapped up, which means they and Riverside will have a home game, and lewis and richland will be traveling some long distances lol"

"Camden wins! Lewis Co. needs to pack a lunch because they will be taking a road trip!!!"

"Lewis Co dreams big but their dreams will turn into a nightmare after they go to Camden friday night. Like I said before Camden will win!"

"Im not trying to disrespect you on this but in my "opinion" the region championship was played last friday."

"Camden will DESTROY Lewis Co. this friday! Good luck to all 2A teams in the playoffs"

I have been around for a long time covering LCHS football. One thing that I have found is that when you give Bobby Sharp an extra week to prepare for a team, you are going to have problems.

I think that the bulletin board material that Camden provided this week, just a few snippets that I have recorded here, made life much easier for a team and a coaching staff to get ready for this game. As d-daddy stated, whether you like it or not, Lewis County is not new to playing for regional championships every year. Our program has a rich and long tradition and every young man who walks through the locker room doors is well aware of that tradition. This is a team that has been to the playoffs for many, many years and is used to preparing for and playing in big games.

There is no doubt in my mind that Camden has a tremendously talented team. But I would suggest that in the next week, and hopefully weeks, that you show a little more humility in being a fine team. If you don't believe that the opponents read this stuff and feed off of it, then you are sadly wrong.

I would also like to congratulate the Camden fans who showed class after the fact and even more so to the Panthers who stayed away from the one upsmanship this week and took care of business tonight.

And for those who care, as I said at the beginning of this season, this is a team that is definitely on the rise. Get them now, if you can, because the next few years are going to be special. Freshmen starting at middle linebacker and safety, freshmen playing extensively on the line and in the defensive backfield. Sophomores at both wings, linebacker, offensive line, a gifted junior fullback and a middle school program that has won three straight bowl games and are 24-3 in their last 27 games.

I wish great success for all region 6-AA teams but I think if I have to hear how good west Tennessee is and how bad middle Tennessee is one more time, I will hurl...lol We are all part of region 6-AA. For those of us in Lewis County, we are the red headed stepchild of the Nashville media anyway. Maybe playing some teams west of the river will get us recognition in the Jackson Sun and Commercial Appeal, real newspapers, not like that rag The Tennessean!

And for all 6-A teams, Lewis County, Camden, Riverside and Richland. Please excersise humility with your posts. Telling everyone how you are going to slaughter your next opponent does nothing for you and everything for them. Good luck next week!

Thanks for all the good advise and quotes. You are, by far, the smartest man I know.

I am very pleased with the responses being posted on here. I expected many excuses to be made, just as they always are when there is an upset. I heard several people talking at the game, saying that this game is just like Riverside, and Camden will get cheated by the refs. I'm not for sure on this, but i don't ever remember Camden having a penalty. I could be wrong on that though. I would just like to say thanks to all the Camden fans for showing so much sportmanship. Besides the kids walking on our sides with there shirts off the rest of the fans showed a ton of respect for our team winning. Congratulations to Lewis County, and good luck Camden throughout the playoffs.

Camden flat out gave the game away in the first half. Botton line. Mistakes mistakes mistakes.

Lewis Co. didn't make any. That was the difference.

What mistakes did Camden make...other than thinking they were going to roll on Lewis County?

Lewis County's defense played awesome, especially considering they were playing with a 3rd string freshman middle linebacker and a second string outside linebacker.

Boyd #5 looked better than Boyd #42.

The other RB was very good. I believe his name is Jesse Leonard. Also, if the PA announcer was accurate, he had about 85% of Camden's tackles.

The 4th and forever pass and catch late in the fourth quarter was as good as I have seen at the high school level. I believe it was #11, Matthew Hudson, who made the circus catch. That was clutch. About 3 plays later, Ryan Greve intercepted a pass and ran it all the way back for the TD.

Lewis County's line, offensive and defensive, stepped up last night. This didn't even look like the same line that played against Riverside just 2 weeks ago. Great job, guys.

1- Camden

2- Riverside

3- Lewis County

4- Richland

Like I said in an earlier post..Bobby knows how to make adjustments if he has the talent...He knows how to motivate players and breathes football..I have known Bobby since we were both probably in kindergarten...I talk to him about every week and he is a great coach but better ,a great person..I've never heard Bobby say anything bad about another team or what may be an easy win..He always says it's going to be a tough one...Like you said...Give Bobby an extra week and he will figure out a way to win most of the time..

I also heard last night that Camden had already printed the "Region Champs" t-shirts and were selling them. That sounds pretty embarissing to whoever decided to go ahead and print them. Also, where was Wilbanks at last night. I've read all year on here that everyone is gonna know where he is cause he's gonna be layin people down. I don't recall any big hits last night, except for the one Colley put on that reciever by the endzone.