Oak Ridge Vs Farragut

Hkins

Give Reviez credit for a great season, but someone took care of him Friday night. The offensive line, recievers, and DANIEL JOHNSON had great nights blocking. When a back gains 350 yards, I don't think it's very credible to say the middle linebacker and leader of the team did his job. I'm sure Reviez would say the same.

Good luck in the play-offs. Region 2 sweep!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, I am sure Reveiz is outstanding. All I saw out of him Friday, however, was him waving his arms in celebration prior to the first play of the game.

After that, I saw his head hung a lot, his name called very little and he and his Farragut defenders humbled. I am sure they will bouce back, however.

Rigger101, what is your fascination with the Reviez boys? How can Gulmire run for 352 yard against the defense you you act like it was everyones fault but the Reviez boys.

I didn't know that middle linebackers couldn't make tackles when it was a toss sweep. Especially when Gulmire used the cutback a lot. I guess your excuse for him on the ISO plays was he got blocked. Well if you didn't knowm, that is what happens to linebackers, they get blocked, get off of them, and make tackles.

I'm not saying that the Reviez is not good player, but don't short change Farragut by saying the defense played bad but not the Reviez. He's supposed to be the leader of it. It hasn't stopped him from popping off at the mouth, both last year and this year. Problem is he hasn't been able to back it up. I don't remember him having his named called a lot during those games.

One last thing, go back and look at the 93 yard td and watch 45 chasing Spencer down the sideline. He had the angle on both Specencer and the blocker. He chose to put a shoulder into the blocker, taking himself out of the play. Looks like more self preservation then selling out for the team!

Wow, thats a personal attack on a good player. Look the G-Man had one of the best games in your school history and states history. All I was trying to say without saying something neg about one of our players was that the Reviez brothers are not a one man team and that I saw his arms around Gulmire plenty of times.

I don't see how a kid saying "His team is going to win and that hes using last years score as a motivation" is running his mouth.

OR killed the Ads in the second half and proved they are the best team. The G-Man showed he is the best player in 5A.

What else needs to be said. When I talked about Reviez it was to answer a Powell fans attacks. Nothing on the great play of the Cats.\

Good Luck

Rigger, your team and fans showed alot of class in defeat. You must admit that saying in the paper, "Oak Ridge better watch out" was not a good idea. In other words OR never needs extra motivation to play Farragut. It's kind of like kicking a sleeping bear. I have a feeling we could see this match up again this year if the bracket falls right. What adjustments do you think the Ads will make to slow down Spencer if we meet again?

Wow, thats a personal attack on a good player.

Not meant to be a personal attack. You say they are not a one man team, but then you turn around and single them (or Nick) by saying they he did a good job, and basically Oak Ridge ran around him by using the toss sweep.

I'm just saying the Farragut defense didn't do a great job, including the Reveiz's.

I saw his arms around Gulmire plenty of times.

Having your arms around someone is one thing, tackling him is another. I don't think any of them did a good job of that Friday.

Farragut is a good time, and has the potential to go far in the playoffs. I agree with ORidgeKat, that Farragut and their fans showd a lot of class after the defeat. I was impressed with their running backs. I hear Sterling is just a sophmore, and could be a thorn is Oak Ridge's side for two more years.

You must admit that saying in the paper, "Oak Ridge better watch out" was not a good idea. Remember they are young men and say what their heart feels! In other words OR never needs extra motivation to play Farragut. I agree! It's kind of like kicking a sleeping bear. I have a feeling we could see this match up again this year if the bracket falls right. What adjustments do you think the Ads will make to slow down Spencer if we meet again? The Adjustment that would be need is to hire a hitman. Spec ops team or have a Dozer run over the G-man! :)

As far as Nick R is concerned! The great things said about Spencer on the Mr 5A topic are some of the things the Farragut fans feel about Nick R.

Not the best from a pure athletic stand point, it's his toughness, heart, determination, etc, etc. . It's all the things that you can't measure. Plus such a team first guy, not to mention how humble and classy he is.

Great players from good communities and families.

Good Luck against the Hill!

Reviez in Blue. If he hadn't said some of these things IMO he wouldn't have the confindance and the heart of a Champion he has shown in the past! Looks like he was trying to motivate his team like a leader should. He could had said some things different but thats what the politically correct worry about.

A painful reminder of last season’s Oak Ridge playoff game — a picture Nick Reveiz has kept taped to his bathroom cabinet door for months — has been copied for motivational purposes.

"It’s going in the locker room, I’m blowing it up and putting it right there when you walk in, forty-eight to zero, Oak Ridge scoreboard," said Reveiz, Farragut High School senior standout linebacker, about the picture of the scoreboard following the Admirals’ 48-0 loss at Blankenship Field in the Class 5A state playoff second round.

"Everybody’s going to see it, and everybody’s going to be dwelling on that fact,” Reveiz added.

Oak Ridge standout senior tailback Spencer Gulmire, who scored three touchdowns last Friday night, has rushed for more than 1,000 yards and 21 touchdowns this season in the I-formation offense of first-year ORHS head coach Stanton Stephens.

“He may not be the best athlete I’ve seen at runningback, but he’s by far one the best runningbacks I’ve been around,” Stevens said. "Spencer has natural field vision and a natural feel for the game. He knows when to make a cut, he knows that sometimes he just needs to lower his head and run over a guy. But what makes him special, the will and heart to win, and he has both of those things.

"I hope people make the mistake and assume that if you stop Spencer you stop us," Stevens added. "Offensively, we’ve been scoring enough points to win every game we’ve played. At times we’ve struggled with turnovers."

First-year starting quarterback Connor Gulmire, Spencer’s brother, "is doing really well, and that’s one of the reasons Spencer’s not having to carry the team," Stevens said. "We would like for teams to play eight, nine men in the box. We’d throw it every down.

"We’re pretty pleased with our balance right now, the different things we can do," Stevens added, saying Connor Gulmire has passed for more than 1,000 yards with a 60 percent completion average through nine games.

However, “We haven’t played a team as good as Farragut, we haven’t played a team with a defense that good,” the Wildcat skipper added. “They all run to the ball well and tackle well.

Farragut hasn’t won in this annual series since 1993.

"Of course it’s going to get in your head when you’re going to Blankenship Field and you’re thinking, ‘man, we haven’t beaten them in a while,’" Reveiz said. "But, honestly, I just think we’ve got a lot more to prove than we ever have …

“Oak Ridge better watch out."

rigger u are rigth about the reviez boyz in that they did they job last friday nite, their job was to get runned over, and runned around by spencer gulmire and they did their job quite will. :rolleyes:

As i said before OR is Farraguts daddy when it comes to football and that wont ever change.

Roll Cats Roll

From reading these posts i can tell that no one posting knows nick reviez. The kid suffered a concussion on the first drive of the game from a crack block. For you to attack his team player attitude that is wrong. He risked his personal health for his team and stayed in the rest of the game.