Oak Ridge Vs Farragut

Hkins

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If an adult knew he had suffered a concusion on the first drive and let him stay in the game they should be fired or arrested for negligence. I doubt your story. I don't think anyone on the sideline for the ADS is that stupid and I am sure that Nick is not. Ya think that there is a stretch to this story?

Ole Dad

From reading these posts i can tell that no one posting knows nick reviez. The kid suffered a concussion on the first drive of the game from a crack block. For you to attack his team player attitude that is wrong. He risked his personal health for his team and stayed in the rest of the game.

If an adult knew he had suffered a concusion on the first drive and let him stay in the game they should be fired or arrested for negligence. I doubt your story. I don't think anyone on the sideline for the ADS is that stupid and I am sure that Nick is not. Ya think that there is a stretch to this story?

Ole Dad

I'm sure he had many conversations with coaches during the game. No way could he hide on the field and the bench. Either the Farragut staff is negligent (which I doubt) or someone is mistaken. The kid is a warrior without anyone making excuses as to why he didn't dominate a game.

rigger u are rigth about the reviez boyz in that they did they job last friday nite, their job was to get runned over, and runned around by spencer gulmire and they did their job quite will. :lol: As i said before OR is Farraguts daddy when it comes to football and that wont ever change.

I tried to let it die but here we go!

OR632003-Most Linemen are smart, not smarta###s. Grow-up and have the class of Gulmire! For your information only one Reviez was on the field that night and he had 8 tackles. His brother who is # 6 in tackles in the Knox press was on the sidelines.

From the Farragut press!

OAK RIDGE — Pitch left, pitch right — see Spencer run for lots of yardage.

That’s basically how the state’s No. 6-ranked Oak Ridge Wildcats piled up 39 points against No. 8 Farragut.

Get inside the ORHS 5 twice and lose it on downs plus you throw an interception in the red zone, not to mention driving to the Wildcat 13 but then missing a field goal.

That’s basically how the Admirals scored 0 points.

Senior standout runningback Spencer Gulmire combined power, speed and cutback ability to gain a school-record 347 yards rushing as Oak Ridge stunned Farragut 39-0 in a highly-anticipated Region 2-5A showdown Friday, Oct. 28, at ORHS’s Blankenship Field.

The state’s No. 6-ranked Wildcats, with a 9-1 overall record, are Region 2-5A’s top seed despite tying Farragut for the region championship (both teams 6-1).

Missing standout junior linebacker Shane Reveiz — “They came out tonight and knew our weak spot was sweep,” FHS senior defensive lineman T.J. Ensor said. “And we didn’t stop it like we should have, and they kept running it and we obviously didn’t stop it.

“Shane [his absence] hurt us, but it didn’t make us lose this game,” Ensor added. “It seems like some people got their heads down about it, but I’m sure we’ll be alright.”

The Ads drove 79 yards and reached inside the ORHS 2 only to loose it on downs after a fourth-down fumbled snap.

That drive featured a 13-yard pass from quarterback Tyler Powell to Jovon Miller, runs of 14- and 18-yards from tailback Andre Sterling and a 15-yard pass to Huie.

A 44-yard Admiral drive featuring a 14-yard catch by Huie and a 9-yard Nick Moore run placed Farragut at the ORHS 13, but a 37-yard field goal was wide right.

The Wildcats, who ended with 457 yards of total offense (406 rushing) wasted little time building a three touchdown lead early in the third quarter.

This time Oak Ridge traveled 88 yards in five plays ending with Gulmire taking a pitch to the right, breaking a couple of tackles, cutting back against the grain and going 62 yards to make it 20-0 with 7:09 left in the third.

“I looked at our team, I saw everybody’s eyes ... after they scored the first touchdown in the second half it seemed like everybody just quit,” Huie said. “We knew we could come back after we’re down in the first half, but in the second half we showed no heart. ... We absolutely played with no heart at all.”

A 42-yard run by Moore, who ended with 116 yards on 17 carries, did not lead to points on Farragut’s next possession.

Despite being shut out, the Ads ended with 312 yards of total offense, 174 rushing.

Huie’s nine tackles at defensive back led FHS. Miller, Nick Reveiz, Lee Travis and Brian Tipton each had eight.

Either way OR owned FHS that night! They will either bounce back and make some noise in the playoffs or roll over and call it a year. I think they have enough senior leadership to come back like Ooltewah did after the same time loss against the Admirals and upset higher rated teams.

Edited by rigger101

I agree it's time to move on. If Oak Ridge takes care of business and Farragut takes care of business then Farragut will get another chance.

"If Farragut keeps saying next time, next year, next anything who knows they may win" anythings possible. This is sort of getting to sound like the Central fans against Maryville each year.

Oak Ridge fans need to concentrate on Science Hill, and Farragut fans need to concentrate on Bearden.

That was good! And your right!

All kidding aside, I think Farragut is a good team and has as good of a chance as anyone. They did better then I expected. I know in the past they had started off strong and fizzled out at the end of the year, but they look like a program that will be a thorn in Oak Ridges side the next few years.

Extreme,

That was quite a prediction. Obviously after 13 in a row, they have to win sometime. Every dog has its day. I just don't think you will ever see them be a thorn in OR's side but I do predict they will win a game someday against The Cats.

Ole Dad

All kidding aside, I think Farragut is a good team and has as good of a chance as anyone. They did better then I expected. I know in the past they had started off strong and fizzled out at the end of the year, but they look like a program that will be a thorn in Oak Ridges side the next few years.