• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The man is a genius and one of the best managers we will ever see manage a game and over the years, the man has done more with less than anyone I can remember! And was more than deserving of the award he got! :thumb:

Well, maybe I shouldn't have said he didn't deserve it, but there were certainly two that deserved it more. I mean, why did he get it anyway? Because of his great past, or because the voters feel sorry for the guy making the playoffs so many years in a row and not doing anything with it..... :ph34r:

Let me guess one of them is Tony LaRussa? and the other is probably Phil Garner?

YOU GOT IT!! :blink:

Maybe he got it because the Braves were not expected to win the division this season. He won the division with a third of his rosters being rookies. His starting rotation was depleted to injury, the bullpen was in shambles, and he still managed to win another division title. I think those are a few reasons he won the award.

LaRussa and Garner did a great job this year, but anyone with baseball knowledge knows what Bobby Cox did was a far greater accomplishment.

Maybe he got it because the Braves were not expected to win the division this season. He won the division with a third of his rosters being rookies. His starting rotation was depleted to injury, the bullpen was in shambles, and he still managed to win another division title. I think those are a few reasons he won the award.

LaRussa and Garner did a great job this year, but anyone with baseball knowledge knows what Bobby Cox did was a far greater accomplishment.

WHAT?!?! The Cards played without their normal starting lineup for the majority of the season, and STILL ended up witht the best record in baseball!! That is a far better accomplishment than playing with a bunch of rookies and choking in the playoffs for the 10th straight year. :unsure:

WHAT?!?! The Cards played without their normal starting lineup for the majority of the season, and STILL ended up witht the best record in baseball!! That is a far better accomplishment than playing with a bunch of rookies and choking in the playoffs for the 10th straight year. :angry:

Easy to have the best record in baseball when you play in the NL Central.

Easy to have the best record in baseball when you play in the NL Central.

I said two months ago and will say it again now. Ned Yost, Milwaukee, probably did the best overall managing job in the NL this year. The Brewers might make some noise in 06.

But yup, everyone still forgets the Cards had more guys miss more games than the Braves did.

I said two months ago and will say it again now. Ned Yost, Milwaukee, probably did the best overall managing job in the NL this year. The Brewers might make some noise in 06.

But yup, everyone still forgets the Cards had more guys miss more games than the Braves did.

Also most people forget that the Braves started out the season with Raul Mondesi and Brian Jordan in the OF. Those two didn't fair well, bring in the young guys and they step up. Marcus Giles, goes down with an injury. Estrada gets banged up and McCann steps up. Chipper is down, and the Braves keep on winning. True the the Cards may of missed more games total, but they didnt have to deal with a suspect bullpen at best, and alot of rookies.