Ooltewah @ Dobyns Bennett

SergeantOwl22

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think if Ooltewah wins it should be called a upset. they have already beaten two top five teams this year. And they are from that dreaded Region 2, (the #1 region in the state top to bottom). The only reason DB is listed as favorite is because of the better record. Ooltewah has played the hardest schedual by far. I'll be pulling for the Indians of course, but I'd list Ooltewah as the favorite in this one.

As far as I know, we are healthy...a few bumps and bruises, but healthy...yes, Kilgore did return to the game Friday...

The only bad mouthing on this thread is from someone who has no interest in either school...

There is solid respect for these two teams from each other...should be a great game this Friday, two very good teams...remember it starts @ 7:00pm...

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by skunk

I don't think if Ooltewah wins it should be called a upset. they have already beaten two top five teams this year. And they are from that dreaded Region 2, (the #1 region in the state top to bottom). The only reason DB is listed as favorite is because of the better record. Ooltewah has played the hardest schedual by far. I'll be pulling for the Indians of course, but I'd list Ooltewah as the favorite in this one.

Waco, Your 'Dumb Pic and Such' got nixxed, didn't it? I've got to say that the Owls are very impressive when looking at who they have played and their record, including a BIG win over OR. BUT, then again, J Fred is a very intimidating atmosphere to come into expecting to win. Jury is still out on this one for me, but I'll keep bangin my brain to try to come up with a 'posted winner'. Good luck.......

I wish I could go to this one! I won't be able to go though. This will surely be one of the most unique games in the first round. Ooltewah is the toughest 4th seed in the state. A bit of injury and bad luck cost them games at William Blount and Farragut. I bet if you play those games again Ooltewah wins. Everyone in the state saw what Ooltewah can do when evrything comes together (Oak Ridge). I agree with people that really know football, Ooltewah is not an underdog in this game. I am glad DB has home field advantage, because on paper ooltewah looks pretty scarey. Mistakes will kill either team this year. DB has a tough defense, Ooltewah will have the speed advantage this year. DB is a step slower than normal, but they find ways to get it done. DB has a great punting a kicking game and the lines are tough. Many people called for DB to lose several games this year and not win the Big East. They found a way to get it done and prove people wrong which tells me this young team has lots of heart. I hope for a close, hard fought, exciting, injury free game that everyone can enjoy. I hope Ooltewah fills the stands to add to the great atmosphere.

Question for Owl fans. Who is that linebacker that signed with South Carolina?

Also, who are the key players on Defense and Offense. Tell us a bit about special teams too.

Edited by bud

I wish I could go to this one! I won't be able to go though. This will surely be one of the most unique games in the first round. Ooltewah is the toughest 4th seed in the state. A bit of injury and bad luck cost them games at William Blount and Farragut. I bet if you play those games again Ooltewah wins. Everyone in the state saw what Ooltewah can do when evrything comes together (Oak Ridge). I agree with people that really know football, Ooltewah is not an underdog in this game. I am glad DB has home field advantage, because on paper ooltewah looks pretty scarey. Mistakes will kill either team this year. DB has a tough defense, Ooltewah will have the speed advantage this year. DB is a step slower than normal, but they find ways to get it done. DB has a great punting a kicking game and the lines are tough. Many people called for DB to lose several games this year and not win the Big East. They found a way to get it done and prove people wrong which tells me this young team has lots of heart. I hope for a close, hard fought, exciting, injury free game that everyone can enjoy. I hope Ooltewah fills the stands to add to the great atmosphere.

Question for Owl fans. Who is that linebacker that signed with South Carolina?

Also, who are the key players on Defense and Offense. Tell us a bit about special teams too.

He is not an LB he is our DE/FB 6'4" 240 lbs and a 4'5 40

LB's committed to Vanderbilt, MTSU, the MLB is a JR. These are Baseball commitments. WB/DB committed baseball to Lee University, QB is also being sought after by many for baseball also. RB wants to go to UT but has visited Alabama and Auburn to my knowledge so far. This team is full of excellent athletes just at times have failed to play to their true ability and I think that the Oak Ridge game they finally realized that how good they can really be if they come together as a whole. The O-Line is huge and should also have a chance play somewhere on the next level but only time will tell. Good luck to both squads and I hope its an injury free affair and let the best team win. Go Owls!

I notice that you don't have an avatar. Might I suggest....

box.gif

Such a cute little thing. Might cheer ya up. Could keep ya from hav'n to start take'n Prozac.

DBGRAD70(whew, you seem old), you're gonna have to find another avatar for VolmanScotty. I have special approval from Skunk to retain the "cute little thing" avatar, unless you can find me another that helps me retain my super-hero secret identity. Until then, I'm keeping the cardboard box on my head. Hmmmm, for some reason this avatar brings back fond memories of 'ole Major Hoople wearing a paper bag over his head a time or two.

Edited by SatchUmp

This game, the cookeville/lavergne game, and the franklin antioch games will be the best games to watch in the first round of the playoffs this year. But i see Ooltewah coming out on top in this one 20-28. Then they will move onto the second round to play farragut and beat them and have a much wanted rematch (Oak Ridge wants not necessarily Ooltewah) in the third round

First of all, the Owls are a pretty good team, but it will be a tough tough game in Kingsport. Secondly, I'd be real careful about just automatically assuming that your going to beat a team that handed you a 35-7 loss in the regular season. I'm not saying that the Owls wouldn't have a real decent chance to beat Farragut in a rematch, but I am saying that Farragut deserves much more respect from the Owls after stomping them in the regular season !!! Yeah, the Owls can make all the excuses that they want for that loss (7 TO's, injuries, etc.) but the fact remains that Farragut put a butt whipping on you in the reg. season and they should be respected just a little bit more than the Owl fans are showing.