White County Vs. Maryville

FBEmeritus

This shouldn't even be debated folks. Maryville will have this one wrapped up by halftime. I think resting Tallent last week and this week (which from what I hear he could play if we were playing a team like Central) is gonna help us bigtime in our playoff run. Not only because it gets him back to 100%, but because Tank Baker is getting an opportunity to carry most of the load and he has played very well. That gives opposing coaches that much more to worry about when analyzing the film. The player that will really jump out at them is Tyler Maples though. Nobody on this years team has been more impressive. He has 16 all-purpose TD's in the regular season ( just missed another punt return fri. night on that 70 yarder he returned to the 3). 16 td's for a WR/DB in the regular season is IMPRESSIVE. The kid is averaging 20.6 ypc (11td on 30 catches). He also averages 20.7 per punt return (2td's in 15 attempts) 27.5 each kickoff return (1td in 6 returns) Lastly he averages 40.5 yards per interception return (2 td's on 2 picks). These stats have been made in the first half of most games and with other teams kicking the ball away from him on punts/kickoffs. He is getting a lot of interest from Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Florida, Alabama, and Virginia Tech. He has already been on unofficials to UT and Vanderbilt, and is going to florida next week on an unofficial. With our running game being as strong as it is and with a playmaker like Maples I see us having no trouble making it back to the boro to claim what is ours . . .

Maryville-48

White Co.- 13 (on reserves)

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like that "He's unstoppable and that's why every college in the sec wants him". Stuff.

Tell me how does he run with 3-4 Black jerseys hanging on him at the line of scrimage.

I hope Tallent won't play and gets more rest so that he is truely 100%.

Not worried abour Central yet and if that game does come about, I won't worry about it then!

I would like to be the first to extend a warm welcome to the 6-4 White County Warriors to Stanley Shields Stadium at Renfro Field, home of the Eight Time and current defending State Champions, the Maryville High School Red Rebels! On your last visit in 1999 you were defeated 28-7 during GQ’s first season where the Rebels were stopped one game short of thier quest to repeat as State Champions by the Knotz Central boocatz!

We hope you enjoy your trip to the game and hope we as fans treat you with respect and class. The rebels however have peaked as a team and will be looking to advance into the second round at your expence. But none the less welcome.

If anyone knows anything about White County please share the info.

What I know thus far, without too much study I know the White County Warriors are a team who have averaged scoreing 23 points and allowing 16 in 4-4A. They have lost the past two games and have posted a record of 6-4.

What say the board and what can we look for?

FB just saw the white co and rhea county game. Trust me your freshman team could beat them. They try 1/2 the time but you can play your second team and let Tallent rest another week and win by 40. Good luck with no injuries

Red Rebels win 55-7.

Maryville should not have much trouble until Central.

On the Halls post you said Halls would beat us but now you tell FB they should not have any trouble till they play us, so which is it. Think you better worry about your second best team on Broadway instead of us of Maryville.

I dont know alot about white co.

But it is funny to see their fans arguing amongst themselfes. :thumb:

I think maryville has got this game, White co. might be big but size doesnt matter. surely maryville has proven that this year with our undersized line.

Good luck and Welcome to maryville. B)

Edited by rebelman16

I think maryville has got this game, White co. might be big but size doesnt matter. surely maryville has proven that this year with our undersized line.

Wait now, I don't think ore line is undersized. Maybe for us, but they are not too small as a group.

White County is too banged up to win this game. Would only have a slim chance even if we weren't banged up. Maryville probably won't even see Dell Lewis JR on offense. He might play a little defense.

Maryville will beat us but remember we know all about being a powerhouse!!!!Just not in football,i believe basketball is right around the corner and we do have a couple of state championship aaa banners hanging from the gym.So we know how the maryville fans feel be proud of your team just dont rub it in too bad!!!!good luck.