White County Vs. Maryville

FBEmeritus

From what I have heard Tallent will suit, and be used if GQ feels he needs him. Be silly to send him in unless the game is on the line. 270 per man up front? That is huge if they are all 6-3 to 4, if only 5'11 and 270, that of little concern. LC had some big kids but, it was not a factor. Maryville's speed will overcome some size difference in most cases.

Yea, on the UT thing I heard Sanders will stay on and they are trying to drag Colquate back up there. If that is the case, it will be more of the same this year and as Tennessee loses more top quality HS players to other programs, it will fall further into a dismal state. They got to find some local kids who love Orange and will go the extra mile to have team success.

Nice artical About Cade Thompson in the Maryville Mullett wrap yesterday.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who actually comes on a post and says that they know they will lose the game on friday night. go in there ready to play, and quit acting like a bunch of babies. i have never seen someone come on a forum and talk for 4 pages about how they know they will lose. white county is big, physical, strong, but don't have much speed. rebels 45 W.C. 3

who actually comes on a post and says that they know they will lose the game on friday night. go in there ready to play, and quit acting like a bunch of babies. i have never seen someone come on a forum and talk for 4 pages about how they know they will lose. white county is big, physical, strong, but don't have much speed. rebels 45 W.C. 3

let them get down on their selfs.

It will make it easier for us!!! :ph34r:

Wow, there does not seem to be a lot to talk about here.

On the one hand, I really appreciate the respect that all of the White Co. folks are showing the Rebel program. I appreciate the compliments and the brutal honesty that they are indeed the underdogs in this matchup.

On the other hand, it really makes for a boring week of pre-game chatter when your opponents just tell you about their weaknesses and your strengths. It's like talking to Lou Holtz (only less witty).

I'm sure the White Co. team is ready to bring it this Friday and that they are coming in hungry and ready to win. I'm also sure that their star runner will suit up for what could be his last game and leave it all on the field. I hope he's able to go 100%.

It will be interesting to see how those big linemen hold up against the rotating MHS defensive front and all those fresh players that just keep coming at them if the game is still in question in the second half.

Can anyone tell me what WC runs offensively? How many of your players go both ways?

Id say 5 or 6 play both ways 70 percent of the time,with 7 or 8 seeing both sides at some point in the game.Does any of the maryville boys?

Yes a few. More this year, I think, than in any recent years. The defensive front and the linebacking units rotate frequently at almost every position and can be considered two-deep at least. So while we do have some guys playing both ways, most all of them get significant periods of rest on at least one side of the ball.

Rebel Nation could probably give you some exact numbers on that.

Thanks for the info.

Edited by papa chaos

I dont know alot about white co.

But it is funny to see their fans arguing amongst themselfes. :rolleyes:

I think maryville has got this game, White co. might be big but size doesnt matter. surely maryville has proven that this year with our undersized line.

Good luck and Welcome to maryville. :(

Sparta is the county seat of White County. I think Archie Bunker is the Chief of Police.

Who is colquate?I believe you mean cutcliffe.

Thanks for calling my error out, I meant Coach Cutcliffe.

I am excited that Maryville is again in the play-offs during a time when the Rebels were susposed to be down. Maybe the competition is down as well, but I think the Reb's are peaking at the right time. It is right to show respect to White Co, which most of us know so little about.

some players that play both ways for Maryville are ryan tallent, but i doubt he will this week because of his previous injury, tyler maples, gary tucker, and jon lawhon has even played a little fullback, so thats about 3 or four players for us that play double time. what kind of offense do they run, i dont really know much about this team