Who Has The Hardest First Round Draw?

PrestonForestWreckinCrew99

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooltewah vs. Dobyns Bennett by far is the best (and most unfair) first round match up. The number 3 team against the number 8? how is that a fair for a first round with 32 total teams competing. DB and Ooltewah have both, as usually Region 1 and 2 are, been cheated by TSSAA to elimiate some of the better teams first.

I agree with you here I think they should consider switching it up from time to time like for example Region 1 plays 2 then 3 then 4 then starts back at Region 2 and so on. Its really not fair when year in and year out Region 2 and 1 have had 50% of the top 10 teams in the state and have to beat the crap out of each other for a showdown against Riverdale which usually goes uninjured and we are all banged up. I am with you here something has to give. This will also give some teams a chance to play teams they may never seen before and to enjoy other traditions at the same time.

I belive GP has the worst draw with Alcoa. They could play with anyone in the state the way they are playing now.

As for bracketing: I just moved back to the Rebel Nation after being sentenced to 6 years in Oklahoma. They have a thing there called cross bracketing. In the 6A championships a couple of years in a row 2 teams from neighboring regions played in the championships. They also play some of the later rounds at neutral sights.