Alcoa Vs. Gp

Tornadofan15

Bottom line is Reid has little man's syndrome. Because of this he likes to run up the score on weaker opponents. He takes out the starters late and when he puts the 2nd teamers in the game he has no problem throwing bombs late in the 4th quarter--and it is always worse at home games. Stuff like that makes the entire program look classless.

Edited by krakatoa

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quit moaning about running the score up jv play is for the subs taking out your starters too early i've noticed they seem off the next week.gatlinburg pitman i hope gets destroyed their fans for the most part are jerks they stand behind the vistors side at home games and try to cause trouble their coach is like householder at seymour he wins tons of games vs weak opponets yet is sub .500 in the playoffs.i hope it'll be 70 or 80 to 0.remember gatlinburg unlike pigeon forge who elected to go up to 3a you wanted to drop to 2a and cry thinking you'd be kings instead you barely made the playoffs in a weak conference and had a losing record.go tornadoes maybe next year gatlinburg can play king's academy and red boiling springs to pad their record

Edited by robjim

Bottom line is Reid has little man's syndrome. Because of this he likes to run up the score on weaker opponents. He takes out the starters late and when he puts the 2nd teamers in the game he has no problem throwing bombs late in the 4th quarter--and it is always worse at home games. Stuff like that makes the entire program look classless.

Agree. It is hard to pull for a team that runs up the score and pads the stats to give the appearance of a great team. I know enough good people up there to pull for Alcoa, but some of the class that has been shown, or lack there of has made it hard for this HS FB fan. But this is the play-offs and if a team can play the starters late for conditioning and points it has a mental effect on your next opponent. It is different in the play offs than in the regular season.

Agree. It is hard to pull for a team that runs up the score and pads the stats to give the appearance of a great team. I know enough good people up there to pull for Alcoa, but some of the class that has been shown, or lack there of has made it hard for this HS FB fan. But this is the play-offs and if a team can play the starters late for conditioning and points it has a mental effect on your next opponent. It is different in the play offs than in the regular season.

Maybe Reid runs up the score out of frustration from always being dominated by GQ and company?

What is this.....How many Alcoa games have you seen this year?

One of the "problems" with the scores being what thay are is the fact that teams, once down, will try to throw the ball the entire second quarter until the end of the game. And these passes getting picked off are either 1) giving Alcoa a VERY short field to drive or 2) getting taken to the house...they also have a few kick returns for scores. I would say that their longest drive in any second half possession is no more than 40 yards. So please before you so loosely throw the class word around, know that there are reasons these things happen and the team that is down had better run the ball to avoid scores getting to the 50-60 range.

What is this.....How many Alcoa games have you seen this year?

One of the "problems" with the scores being what thay are is the fact that teams, once down, will try to throw the ball the entire second quarter until the end of the game. And these passes getting picked off are either 1) giving Alcoa a VERY short field to drive or 2) getting taken to the house...they also have a few kick returns for scores. I would say that their longest drive in any second half possession is no more than 40 yards. So please before you so loosely throw the class word around, know that there are reasons these things happen and the team that is down had better run the ball to avoid scores getting to the 50-60 range.

That is a great post and also very true. Its not alcoas fault the other quarterbacks rush passes and throw interceptions, and that they can't tackle well in the open field. Many big gains are rushing for alcoa, our starters aren't depending on hail marry passes to run up the score. The players enjoy the game and they play. IF a team doesn't want the score ran up they need to think before they do things. Don't criticize a team for being better. Let them play, if the starters only played untill the game was won, the jv and freshman could possibly have more playing time this year than the varsity. Every time they get an interception they capitalize, thats not running up the score, thats executing a drive. In practice it is always said to give your all, so what if the other team can't take it. Alcoa got hammered by Lipscomb 2 years ago, and they weren't running up the score, they threw 3 or 4 times, all for td's. Alcoa was not playing and Lipscomb was better. I would never accuse lipscomb of not having class. Poin of the post being, don't criticize them for playing the game, and whatever happens to GP happens, don't say classless afterwards. Maybe the score will be closer than we all think, but I don't believe so.

Throwing bombs in the 4th quarter, that is when our JV plays. They are practicing for next year. When else can they practice bombs, a good coach exploits another teams weakness. If we can't run against a team we throw, and vice versa, but n many cases they can do both. Possibly other teams do better at their home games, huh, thats a novel concept. Our away games inlude 7-3 fulton, 7-3 Mccalie, 9-1 Loudon, as of right now Hopkinsville is 6-3 and plays another game tommorow. Our only loss was at home, wartburg was 0-10, cak kept giving us turnovers, oliver springs just wasn't that good. Look at the schedule before you say classless. Average margin of victory for Alcoa 34, points for-477, points against-137. Alcoa is good. Fulton had many oppurtunities to score on alcoa, they just didn't do it. Please don't criticize untill you see the facts. I hope GP plays alcoa at their finest, i will be there to see it.

Oh and here is Maryvilles stats, would you call them classless, they are only 5 behind alcoa in average margin of victory.

Points For: 396

Points Against: 101

Average Margin: 29

Riverdale

Points For: 384

Points Against: 92

Average Margin: 29

I see a pattern, good teams win, wow, what a breakthrough. I admit some of the early season celebration was bad, but they have not been running up the score intentionally, if they did, some games would be even worse. Come on krakatoa, lay off a winning tradition.

What do you mean appearance of a good team? Alcoa is for real.