Cheatham Co. at David Lipscomb

Guest catfish-hunter

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey vandy1, I haven't heard nothing from you guys yet. I always look forward to seeing what you all have to say about the game during the game week. Can't wait to see Peter Powell's game notes for this Friday's highly anticipated rematch.

Its still a little early for our comments and updates on the Mustangfanpage. However, I will say that both teams have improved since their last meeting in week 4. Most notably the Lipscomb offense. The Mustangs are expecting a tough game from the Cubs this Friday night. Hope the Cheatham County fans will be there in force as that always the night special when there is a big game. I look for a larger Mustang crowd this Friday as compared to last week's game with Chester County. We will post Peter Powell's Game Day Notes as soon as we get them.

I watched the tape of the Marshall County vs David Lipscomb game, and DL didnt really impress me. In talking to coaches here they seem to think Cheatam County is the more dangerous of the 2 teams. But, I'm going with my gut feeling in DL, i think the big showdown will be in Nashville next week when the Lexington Tigers come to town. At least I hope its DL, Lexington has a bad history agianst Cheatam County.

DL by 7

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------...David Lipscomb by a lot.....as for Cheatam County this Will Be their last game this year...Lexington is on a Mission this year...too much talent, speed, coaching savvy!...Trojan fan who always roots for west tenn teams... :)

Catfish-Hunter, you know your DL stats. You must have been on the MFP.com page doing a little homework. It should be a great game this Friday night with a large crowd on both sides. Everyone across the state keeps looking way to the East and way to the West. How 'bout Middle TN? There is some pretty good football played around these parts as well.

Edited by stampede

I watched the tape of the Marshall County vs David Lipscomb game, and DL didnt really impress me. In talking to coaches here they seem to think Cheatam County is the more dangerous of the 2 teams. But, I'm going with my gut feeling in DL, i think the big showdown will be in Nashville next week when the Lexington Tigers come to town. At least I hope its DL, Lexington has a bad history agianst Cheatam County.

DL by 7

You have got to be kidding!!! As much as I don't care for private schools playing in 3a, anyone who would make such a statement about DL's team is certifiably bonkers. They have no weakness other than some size and depth. They have been deep into the playoffs and won championships....MANY times. Again guys...send me some that stuff you guys are drinking or smoking from over there.

Edited by bulldog69

Guest catfish-hunter

Catfish-Hunter, you know your DL stats. You must have been on the MFP.com page doing a little homework. It should be a great game this Friday night with a large crowd on both sides. Everyone across the state keeps looking way to the East and way to the West. How 'bout Middle TN? There is some pretty good football played around these parts as well.

www.tennessean.com is where I've gotten my info on Lipscomb statistically.

I agree with you on the midstate. Everyone seems to want to look towards the defending champion Fulton Falcons and their arch rivals, Austin East, as the favorites from that part of the state. Notre Dame is unbeaten on the year, but they're are virtually untested through eleven games. Pearl should play them competitively this week. Out west the war of words went on between Dyersburg and Lexington over who should be #1. Dyersburg is gone and now Lexington gets a test against a very solid Creek Wood bunch. I look for Crockett Co. to advance into the quarterfinals this Friday and they'll likely have to travel to Covington to play that matchup.

Here in the midstate there are two very good football games in 3A taking place on Friday night. White House-Greenbrier will play for the second time in three weeks in a game that promises to be great. The other game is this matchup, Cheatham-Lipscomb, which could also be a really good battle. I hope that the winners of these two games play each other in Murfreesboro down the road. The midstate is better this year than they've been in quite some time and hopefully there will be a midstate team raising the gold ball when all is said and done on the first Saturday in December.

Look I've only seen 1 game. They are good but what I was asking myself as we watched them was "Are they going to roll over everybody in the playoffs?. You always look at a playoff bracket and theres always one team that you say to yourself "Boy we're going to be in trouble if we meet them". But I think Lexington can beat DL, I'm not saying they will (if they both win friday of course). I'm just saying they have enough talent to contend with DL.

By the way, last week I was reading all the post on the Marshall Co. v Lexingotn game, and this same kind of talking down on folks was going on from both sides. But friday night that might have been the most classy game of football I've seen played. Both teams patting each other on the back after good plays and helping each other up after tackles or getting tackled. If the kids on the field can do it then why cant I state my opinion with out some saying I'm smoking or drinking somthing.

Because some of your observations show an altered state of mind or lack of knowledge about the Middle Tn football. If you did...you would be saying...man we are going to have trouble with them.....that's just the facts. Besides the game film you watched was a blowout. Besides, you just joined Coacht a week ago....what could you know.

Because some of your observations show an altered state of mind or lack of knowledge about the Middle Tn football. If you did...you would be saying...man we are going to have trouble with them.....that's just the facts. Besides the game film you watched was a blowout. Besides, you just joined Coacht a week ago....what could you know.

Thats the reason I did join to get a better overall knowledge of all Tennessee sports programs. But I know football...point blank. I think the two teams match up well, I dont care what part of the state they're from. The only team that I dont care for from Middle Tennesse is Beech Co. You dont have be concerned about when I joined, I havent been living in a box and just now started learning about football last week. Some people actually go out and go to games other than thier old highscool, some poeple also watch game tapes of teams in West and Middle Tennessee. Some people actually played highschool and college ball. Matter of fact when I played we played Giles. Co and Page during the regular season, no big difference between us and them. Maybe you can tell me what I dont know on Middle Tennessee football.

Thats the reason I did join to get a better overall knowledge of all Tennessee sports programs. But I know football...point blank. I think the two teams match up well, I dont care what part of the state they're from. The only team that I dont care for from Middle Tennesse is Beech Co. You dont have be concerned about when I joined, I havent been living in a box and just now started learning about football last week. Some people actually go out and go to games other than thier old highscool, some poeple also watch game tapes of teams in West and Middle Tennessee. Some people actually played highschool and college ball. Matter of fact when I played we played Giles. Co and Page during the regular season, no big difference between us and them. Maybe you can tell me what I dont know on Middle Tennessee football.

Did the Bulldog get under your skin?

Times have changed since you played "in the mid-90's". Heck times have changed since I wore a leather helmet as a freshman with a brand new face bar installed for the first time. Started three yrs in high school and walked on at college.

Hey brother I coached for 12 years in three different states and had a son play...... helped with game film for six more years breaking down the opponent.

So I guess I can put my knowledge right up there

I think by Beech co....did you mean Beech High in Hendersonville?

Unless you played at Brentwood in 2002, that is the only recent team that played Giles Co and Page in the same year outside the region. How's that for some local knowledge???????

Anyway...it will be a very good game............

Did the Bulldog get under your skin?

Times have changed since you played "in the mid-90's". Heck times have changed since I wore a leather helmet as a freshman with a brand new face bar installed for the first time. Started three yrs in high school and walked on at college.

Hey brother I coached for 12 years in three different states and had a son play...... helped with game film for six more years breaking down the opponent.

So I guess I can put my knowledge right up there

I think by Beech co....did you mean Beech High in Hendersonville?

Unless you played at Brentwood in 2002, that is the only recent team that played Giles Co and Page in the same year outside the region. How's that for some local knowledge???????

Anyway...it will be a very good game............

I did mean Beech High, they ran the score up on us 1 year. I think we played Giles in 1994 and Page in 1995, that might be swapped.