Hampton Wins... Coalfield next!

KING'S NEMESIS

I too must admit that I am very shaken by King's posts this morning. It's kinda nice to all be on one team this time. As for Coalfield, from what I hear they didn't play up to par, but Cloudland also played a pretty physical ballgame which contributed to their turnovers. But not because I am a true Bulldog fan, but anyone should see that Hampton is on a roll and continues to impress me as far as digging in their heels and standing tall on defense. Someone, maybe even pujo, please tell me what Hampton's starting defense has given up this year. We do struggle more with the pass, but we have played 3 great passing teams the last 4 weeks and to my recollection, we handled it pretty well. Also our run defense speaks volumes for itslef. All we heard was how fast Harriman was and we stood up and took it to them all night. As Lunceford said on his interview last night, "We did what men do, we took care of business" (brings cold chills to me) Keep it up Dogs!!!! :thumb:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't missed one Hampton game this year and IMO it seems that in the last four games Hampton has only played as well as their competition and this has seemed to work so far. They played awesome against HV, played hard-nose football against a very very good Cloudland team, played good against Sunbright, and played the best defense of the year against Harriman. They seem to being playing different roles every game and winning in the end. Keep up the good work dogs. You have my support!

Big Dawg, 1 Team 1 Dream...I'm in!!!!

Best of luck to Hampton, and a safe, healthy game to both teams.

God Bless!

If Coalfield does't have turnover problems they win and win big. If not for 6 turnovers against Cloudland they probably win by 16 instead of 7.

HAHA!!! Coalfield win big.HAHA!!! Don't make me laugh. If Hampton comes to play like they did this week and the defense keeps playing great, Hampton will win. I guarantee you this, Coalfield wil not stop Hampton from running the ball, and they will not run the ball on that great DAWGS defense. I have never seen a defense that hits as hard Hampton's does. Martin Winters and Jon Potter will flat out nail you. If anybody could have stopped their running game, it would have been Cloudland, they had a god defense. But Coalfield will not stop them.

Dawgs 28

Jackets 12

Edited by RedwallOutcast

Actually the game should have been closer, Harriman was in the red zone 5 times and didn't score? That's pitiful. Coalfield will put it in if they get in the red zone, here's a tip, stop Brandon Davis lol. Should be a good game, I'm taking the Jackets by 7.

If Jonah Horney would have stayed in the game, Cloudland would have won too. If Coalfield turns the ball over this week like they have the past 2 weeks Hampton will beat their brains in. Hampton will score a lot of points if they keep turning the ball over. Here's a tip, stop ADAM TOWNSEND, lol. Should be a god game.

I too must admit that I am very shaken by King's posts this morning. It's kinda nice to all be on one team this time. As for Coalfield, from what I hear they didn't play up to par, but Cloudland also played a pretty physical ballgame which contributed to their turnovers. But not because I am a true Bulldog fan, but anyone should see that Hampton is on a roll and continues to impress me as far as digging in their heels and standing tall on defense. Someone, maybe even pujo, please tell me what Hampton's starting defense has given up this year. We do struggle more with the pass, but we have played 3 great passing teams the last 4 weeks and to my recollection, we handled it pretty well. Also our run defense speaks volumes for itslef. All we heard was how fast Harriman was and we stood up and took it to them all night. As Lunceford said on his interview last night, "We did what men do, we took care of business" (brings cold chills to me) Keep it up Dogs!!!! :thumb:

Hampton starting defence has given up 68 points, alot of people thought because the starters rested so much through the season, they we couldn't play 4 quarters. Seems to me like we keep getting stronger as the game goes on. We were lucky to have two tough games at the end of the season. We also found some depth, its already payed off big in the Sunbright game.

As I stated last week, the only way Coalfield was going to lose to Cloudland is if they had a bad game. Well they suprised me, they had the bad game yet they still won. I hear all the what if this, maybe that, or a bad call here or a bad call there, but none of that matters as the final score is all that counts. As my coach once told us when our team felt a bad call cost us the county championship, if you had truly deserved to win, the game should not have been close enough to leave it to chance. What ever happened to losing with class? Second guessing never makes a factual argument.

IF Coalfield plays like they did against Cloudland they will lose.... IF they play up to their potential it will be a good game and they should win by 10+.

Pujo,

How many times has Hampton been to the Quarter finals and what years were they in? The crowd at the Harriman game was so loud I couldn't even hear the band. If the Bulldog faithful are in it, "The Big Blue D" plays great defense, "OJ", "The Hitman", and the O-Line anchored by "BIG DAWG 71" get the job done on the ground we will win. I don't know much about Coalfield but judging by the schedules this will be a tough game.

GO DOGS!

I think the 96 team was the only one to make the third round, someone correct me if I'm wrong. I've said it all year, and my opinion has not changed, I think we will be playing Trousdale in the 4th round. I also thought we would be playing Coalfield, I think I would have been wrong if Jonah Horney would have been able to play last night. Coalfield is going to come to win, its going to take 4 quarters of hardnosed football to escape with a win. I think we have what it takes . GET UR DUN BULLDOGS.

As I stated last week, the only way Coalfield was going to lose to Cloudland is if they had a bad game. Well they suprised me, they had the bad game yet they still won. I hear all the what if this, maybe that, or a bad call here or a bad call there, but none of that matters as the final score is all that counts. As my coach once told us when our team felt a bad call cost us the county championship, if you had truly deserved to win, the game should not have been close enough to leave it to chance. What ever happened to losing with class? Second guessing never makes a factual argument.

IF Coalfield plays like they did against Cloudland they will lose.... IF they play up to their potential it will be a good game and they should win by 10+.

Teams always have their bad games when they play better competition. Hampton had 30 points with 6 minutes remaining in the first quarter against Grace Christian. They didn't play hardly as well last night. I doubt they will next week either. I also doubt if Coalfield will look all that great either. Turnovers happen for reasons, and usually the other team has something to do with it. I think everyone knows this is going to be a great game. I don't look for a one sided affair. These teams didn't get here by chance. GET UR DUNNNNN BULLDOGS

I think the 96 team was the only one to make the third round, someone correct me if I'm wrong. I've said it all year, and my opinion has not changed, I think we will be playing Trousdale in the 4th round. I also thought we would be playing Coalfield, I think I would have been wrong if Jonah Horney would have been able to play last night. Coalfield is going to come to win, its going to take 4 quarters of hardnosed football to escape with a win. I think we have what it takes . GET UR DUN BULLDOGS.

That is correct, pujo. It has been a long time coming, and couldn't happen to a better bunch of guys, from the coaching staff, all the way through.

You are entitled to your opinion, but facts are facts. 75 percent of Cloudlands offense was on the sideline and it exposed Cloudland's one weakness: Depth. Tackling a bruising 220 lb. running back for 4 quarters would have taken its toll. All we had left were two 150 lb. running backs who gave there all. Coalfield would not have been able to handle Horney for 4 quarters. They couldn't even stop him on the first drive when he had 43 yards on 6 carries. Coalfield defenders would have been flinching when they seen him coming their way in the 4th quarter. He gets a big bulk of his yards after initial contact. The only reason they didn't turn it over in the 4th quarter was they kept the ball on the ground due to the great respect they had for Cloudland's DB's. Davis held on to the football and played a great game. Just remember that you had to come from behind to beat a short-handed Cloudland team. Imagine trying to go on the road and beat a loaded Hampton team. I just don't see it happening. Hampton by 3 Tds.

P.S. Remember, turnovers are sometimes created by great defense!! :thumb:

FIRST thing a 220 lb guy would not have been able to run the ball that much he would have run out of gas lol...and second if the back ups where only 150 + didn't someone say hamptons Tailback was 150 lb's? if so Coalfield took care of them right.