Hampton Wins... Coalfield next!

KING'S NEMESIS

Harriman definitely had their chances, but Hampton stopped them in the red zone time after time because the Blue Devils couldn't run the ball.

I think if Coalfield quits turning the ball over then they'll be ok, but the Jackets haven't really played well since the first half of the Harriman game when they scored on their first four possessions.

As far as the Davis-Townsend debate, Townsend is more elusive, but doesn't break a lot of tackles while Davis will get more yards after contact. I don't think either team wants to try to catch either guy from behind.

Potter, however, gives Hampton a better second option.

It should be a good game and the team that makes the fewest mistakes will win.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great game tonight bulldogs i wiish it could have been my eagles you were battling tonight. defense played great hats off to #47 he played a great game at lb made some big hits on some really speedy kids. go get coalfield next week boys me n coach shelton might make it up there again next week.

Old Eagle and Shelton ,really enjoyed talking with you guys tonight, We truly appreciate the support. Glad our guys didn't let you down. Hope to have you'll back next week. I will be a Cosby fan from now on. With the way you guys are headed, sure to have some good games in the future.

Thanks again PUJO

You guys are class-acts. I'm glad to see there and people still involved in High School football that get along good with other schools. Hard to find men that can even do things like that.

Phillip, sounds like you have you're ducks in a row as well. I think we will get our moneys worth next week.

First off, If Jonah Horney hadn't have gone down at the end of the first drive, I'm on the record to say that Cloudland would've beaten Coalfield by two touchdowns or more.

The way Cloudlands defensive line played, just wait until the Jackets hit Hampton. If number 51 or whatever is all-state, then Luke Sparks should be right there with him. Sparks whipped the all-stater on the line all night long.

And also, I have a picture of the "facemask" call in the fourth quarter. I had a shutter lens on my camera and the Cloudland player grabbed him by the shoulder pad and did not, and I REPEAT did not touch his facemask.

I'm not saying any of this because I'm biased. I'm not.

Coalfield will get blown out of the water next week. I will give the Jackets their due, they are a good team. If Horney stays healthy, Cloudland wins. Plain and simple.

If they couldn't bring down Horney - wait until they run into Johnny Potter.

First off, If Jonah Horney hadn't have gone down at the end of the first drive, I'm on the record to say that Cloudland would've beaten Coalfield by two touchdowns or more.

The way Cloudlands defensive line played, just wait until the Jackets hit Hampton. If number 51 or whatever is all-state, then Luke Sparks should be right there with him. Sparks whipped the all-stater on the line all night long.

And also, I have a picture of the "facemask" call in the fourth quarter. I had a shutter lens on my camera and the Cloudland player grabbed him by the shoulder pad and did not, and I REPEAT did not touch his facemask.

I'm not saying any of this because I'm biased. I'm not.

Coalfield will get blown out of the water next week. I will give the Jackets their due, they are a good team. If Horney stays healthy, Cloudland wins. Plain and simple.

If they couldn't bring down Horney - wait until they run into Johnny Potter.

If if's and but's were candy and nuts, we would all have a Merry Christmas.

Wes, I have to agree. With Horney in the game, Cloudland was the better team. Those things, however, cannot be reversed. One day, the bad breaks will be over and Cloudland will not have to knock on the door anymore. They will be standing on top of the rubble holding the gold. The day is coming. As for next week, I think I might have a blue and white shirt in my dresser. Maybe the moths haven't eaten holes in it, but I think I might put that shirt on and come down and get behind that 300 lb. monster, Big Dawg 71, and root him on to victory. You Hampton people get my drift. I'm telling you that the King is going to stroll down Highway 19E and put a blue and white shirt on and pull for them Hampton porch monkeys to beat Coalfield. Good luck Bulldogs. I believe you all are the better team. You never know, if you win, a big snow storm might come the following week and you all can beat Trousdale in it. Good luck.

It's funny that the Cloudland fans believe Hampton will beat Coalfield when comparing the two teams and Harriman fans believe Coalfield will win based on their meetings.

I will say that Coalfield will lose if they have more than two turnovers at Hampton.

THE TRUTH IS, We will have to wait until Friday night, both teams will want it bad and I'm sure either one is capable of winning. The one good thing about all of this is, we shouldn't have to hear all the fueding between these two brothers. Proud of both schools.

congrats hampton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you played a heck of a ballgame. i am like old 24eagle though i wished it could have been those eagles from cosby playing you last night. hey but thats how is is. you get beat you go to the weight room get ready fo next year. Potter, Townsend, Lungsford, Winters, BIG 71 & the rest of you HAMPTON song love'n boys go do what you do best week end week out and win next week. I wish had film on coalfield and a scouting report i could send you like i did last week but i dont. you guys played a great game. you hit hard and let them know it was your house. hope you guys arent to banged up. get ready monday to take care of coalfield. PUjo was great to meet you as well. it is nice to have friends that you sometimes go to battle against but will also help you out when you need it. good luck next week. oh yea sorry that your brother has to be you know who. that has to be some curse or something...............LOL! take care and GOD Bless.

coach shelton