Hampton Wins... Coalfield next!

KING'S NEMESIS

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, If Jonah Horney hadn't have gone down at the end of the first drive, I'm on the record to say that Cloudland would've beaten Coalfield by two touchdowns or more.

The way Cloudlands defensive line played, just wait until the Jackets hit Hampton. If number 51 or whatever is all-state, then Luke Sparks should be right there with him. Sparks whipped the all-stater on the line all night long.

And also, I have a picture of the "facemask" call in the fourth quarter. I had a shutter lens on my camera and the Cloudland player grabbed him by the shoulder pad and did not, and I REPEAT did not touch his facemask.

I'm not saying any of this because I'm biased. I'm not.

Coalfield will get blown out of the water next week. I will give the Jackets their due, they are a good team. If Horney stays healthy, Cloudland wins. Plain and simple.

If they couldn't bring down Horney - wait until they run into Johnny Potter.

and if coalfield would not had have 6 to's, they would have won by 3 td's. what do you base your opinion on that cf will get blown out of the water?

and if coalfield would not had have 6 to's, they would have won by 3 td's. what do you base your opinion on that cf will get blown out of the water?

The truth is..... it's going to be a great game!!!!! Hampton will FORCE turnovers.... no doubt!!! I know Coalfield has a good team and it will be close, but I don't think they can stop Townsend and Potter and I know they will not run on our defense!! And to think either team will win by 3 td's is well beyond common sense.

Great job Bulldogs lets keep it up

1 Team 1 Dream...........

I'm asking everyone from carter co and all of upper east tn

please come and support us this friday.

I think part of us getting the shut out was those great great fans that get pumped up and LOUD when the opposing team is in the red zone!

Thanks.

As for Coalfeild saying "haha we won and we had six turn overs"

well i will be the first to say it, if the cloudland game was at orr feild it would have been a different story

clouldand is a totally different team at home, good luck next year guys!

Hampton knows they have got work to do

We will be ready!!

1 Team 1 Dream

stopping brandon davis is definately the theme for the bulldogs next week.. the cloudland v coalfield game went about like I expected, cloudland a bit bigger and stronger than us so they held BD in check a bit better, but he still managed to make the big play.. another play they ran well on us was quick slants.. if you can plug up the middle without having to commit all LB's that will help.. let the lb's play underneath and try and take that away, and let the db's play for the hitch and go so they won't have to press as much especially when they line BD up out there.. next game should be as good as cloudland v coalfield..

Pujo,

How many times has Hampton been to the Quarter finals and what years were they in? The crowd at the Harriman game was so loud I couldn't even hear the band. If the Bulldog faithful are in it, "The Big Blue D" plays great defense, "OJ", "The Hitman", and the O-Line anchored by "BIG DAWG 71" get the job done on the ground we will win. I don't know much about Coalfield but judging by the schedules this will be a tough game.

GO DOGS!

I agree with both of you but what about the guys that don't care. And I've heard of coaches putting in players do that kind of stuff. Even though they are cheaters in their eyes a win is a win no matter how you get it, and when it comes right down to it; it sadly is true. No matter who should've own what the scoreboard says at that final buzzer is all that counts.

yeah those people are sad philip...later in life if things dont change they will get wahts coming to them.the final score is what matters..but doesnt it feel awesome to know you won without cheating? you played your hearts out and overcame the obstacles... :thumb: great post to philip

I'm not so sure about Hampton blowing Coalfield out of the water. Coalfield's defense doesn't get much credit... they have only really had one bad defensive game all year and that was against Oliver Springs. I could easily see this being a defensive struggle and I'm going to say Coalfield, 20- Hampton, 13.

BTW, Cloudland has no reason to hang their heads. Those boys played hard and played with class and my hats are off to them.