Hampton Wins... Coalfield next!

KING'S NEMESIS

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FIRST thing a 220 lb guy would not have been able to run the ball that much he would have run out of gas lol...and second if the back ups where only 150 + didn't someone say hamptons Tailback was 150 lb's? if so Coalfield took care of them right.

You know that thunder always follows lightning!! Well up in Hampton it's the opposite. The first thing you here is the thunder of Hampton's blocking followed soon after by the lightning of Townsend!! Buckle your chin straps, it's going to get violent!!

What is it with Region 1 not giving Coalfield any credit? Like I said, Coalfield's defense will go after Hampton. It's gonna be close, but I guarantee that Coalfield, as long as they can play hard all 4 quarters will win this game. It's gonna be close, but I still think we'll pull it off. So Hampton fans... go ahead... talk all the smack you want about how you have it in your delusional minds that you are the good Lord's gift to football. But don't count the chickens before they hatch just yet.

FIRST thing a 220 lb guy would not have been able to run the ball that much he would have run out of gas lol...and second if the back ups where only 150 + didn't someone say hamptons Tailback was 150 lb's? if so Coalfield took care of them right.

He did it all year, he was also one of the very best defensive players. He has always had a problem with injuries and, everyone who knew anything about Cloudland, knew they could ill afford to lose him. With this being said, everyone knows turnovers and injuries is a vital part of the game. Coalfield won and its on to Hampton.

Of the various TN High School Sports Ratings/Rankings Publications listed on the TSSAA website, Coalfield is ranked higher than Hampton in 4 of the 6 that are listed (Earl Nall's Prep Performance Ratings, Sonny Moore's Ratings, CoachT's SOS Ratings, and The Sports Report's Ratings) while Hampton is ranked higher in only two (Ken Massey's Ratings and Elmo Branam's Ratings). The only remaining publication listed by TSSAA (Murphy Fair's) ranks only the top five teams in each class, and neither Coalfield or Hampton made the cut.

So I may be wrong, but I don't see either of these two teams being a clear-cut or overwhelming favorite in Friday's quarterfinal. I have not seen Hampton play; I only know what I have read about them. I believe their running game is capable of causing some problems for the Yellow Jacket defense, but I have a sneaky suspicion that the Coalfield staff and players will answer that challenge.

And I will say this for Hampton fans: The Coalfield team that has shown up in the first two rounds of the playoffs has not been the same team that earned the right to get there. I don't think that Hampton's coaching staff would tell you any different, having no doubt seen film of other Coalfield games this season.

Two less than stellar weeks, to say the least, but the Yellow Jackets have nonetheless survived. I'm expecting the true Coalfield team to answer the bell this Friday night and do nothing less than wage an out-and-out battle in Carter Co.! The best team on the night will survive to play at least another round. Kinda funny how that usually proves true. :lol:

So, Hampton fans, get ready for an invasion of the Orange & Black Nation! There'll be a rather large contingent of fans coming your way this Friday to show their continued support for their players, their coaches, and their community. Just like you people in Carter Co., we're all good folks as well. So here's to a game where both teams lay it all out on the field for a good, clean, and classy Tennessee high school football contest!

Hope the concessions are good, the visiting bleachers are plentiful, and that everyone has a nice week and a safe trip to the game come Friday! Good luck to both teams. :thumb:

---rSquared

Of the various TN High School Sports Ratings/Rankings Publications listed on the TSSAA website, Coalfield is ranked higher than Hampton in 4 of the 6 that are listed (Earl Nall's Prep Performance Ratings, Sonny Moore's Ratings, CoachT's SOS Ratings, and The Sports Report's Ratings) while Hampton is ranked higher in only two (Ken Massey's Ratings and Elmo Branam's Ratings). The only remaining publication listed by TSSAA (Murphy Fair's) ranks only the top five teams in each class, and neither Coalfield or Hampton made the cut.

So I may be wrong, but I don't see either of these two teams being a clear-cut or overwhelming favorite in Friday's quarterfinal. I have not seen Hampton play; I only know what I have read about them. I believe their running game is capable of causing some problems for the Yellow Jacket defense, but I have a sneaky suspicion that the Coalfield staff and players will answer that challenge.

And I will say this for Hampton fans: The Coalfield team that has shown up in the first two rounds of the playoffs has not been the same team that earned the right to get there. I don't think that Hampton's coaching staff would tell you any different, having no doubt seen film of other Coalfield games this season.

Two less than stellar weeks, to say the least, but the Yellow Jackets have nonetheless survived. I'm expecting the true Coalfield team to answer the bell this Friday night and do nothing less than wage an out-and-out battle in Carter Co.! The best team on the night will survive to play at least another round. Kinda funny how that usually proves true. :lol:

So, Hampton fans, get ready for an invasion of the Orange & Black Nation! There'll be a rather large contingent of fans coming your way this Friday to show their continued support for their players, their coaches, and their community. Just like you people in Carter Co., we're all good folks as well. So here's to a game where both teams lay it all out on the field for a good, clean, and classy Tennessee high school football contest!

Hope the concessions are good, the visiting bleachers are plentiful, and that everyone has a nice week and a safe trip to the game come Friday! Good luck to both teams. :thumb:

---rSquared

I like the way you put it, it should prove to be a 16 rounder. Harriman brought a good crowd and there was enough seating. I think we can put to rest the thought of Coalfield being a bunch of classless showboats. I have talked to several who attended last nights game and they all said, Coalfield was a classy bunch. With the coaches they have, I figured as much. Just sour grapes. All I can say is ,come on Friday night. GO BULLDOGS

What is it with Region 1 not giving Coalfield any credit? Like I said, Coalfield's defense will go after Hampton. It's gonna be close, but I guarantee that Coalfield, as long as they can play hard all 4 quarters will win this game. It's gonna be close, but I still think we'll pull it off. So Hampton fans... go ahead... talk all the smack you want about how you have it in your delusional minds that you are the good Lord's gift to football. But don't count the chickens before they hatch just yet.

I'm not sure that region 1 isnt giving them any credit.. i think its just a matter that region one feels pretty good about having a coupla pretty good teams representing us.. being a common opponent I dont think that any result would be a suprise.. Im expecting a game alot like the cloudland game with both teams having a chance to win it at the end.. home field and maybe a bit more depth might give Hampton the edge.. but both offenses have a guy that can score any time he gets it.. Hampton hasnt had to throw it as much as coalfield so Coalfield might be able to take some pressure off the run game with some good passes especially early to set a good tone.. I dont think im gonna pick a winner but i do think it will be a low scoring game with the winner being decided by one score..

Edited by unakafan07

HAHA!!! Coalfield win big.HAHA!!! Don't make me laugh. If Hampton comes to play like they did this week and the defense keeps playing great, Hampton will win. I guarantee you this, Coalfield wil not stop Hampton from running the ball, and they will not run the ball on that great DAWGS defense. I have never seen a defense that hits as hard Hampton's does. Martin Winters and Jon Potter will flat out nail you. If anybody could have stopped their running game, it would have been Cloudland, they had a god defense. But Coalfield will not stop them.

Dawgs 28

Jackets 12

hey man I agree totally that defense will hit you hard they love it true martin and john are big hitters but DJ OLIVER has been bringing it all year I dont know how many tackles he had last night but it seemed like he was in on every play. great job man keep it up and dont think that nobody notices what youve been doing on both sides of the ball.GO GET 'EM DOGS!!!

Just because they whipped your butts don't mean they can beat Hampton. Remember what happened the last time you traveled up 19e. It wasn't pretty. Then again ,maybe it was. I like our chances.

Hey pujo, I never competed against Hampton in any sport when I was in school so they haven't whipped my butt at anything. I do follow Cumberland Gap though and they were put out in the first round so i couldn't care less if they canceled the rest of the play-offs. I'm simply stating my opinion, Coalfield has turned the ball over 11 times in 2 ball games and still managed to win because their defense has refused to surrender points. If their defense is up to the task Friday and the offense holds on to the ball they will win and the will win by at least 12.