Hampton Wins... Coalfield next!

KING'S NEMESIS

Hey pujo, I never competed against Hampton in any sport when I was in school so they haven't whipped my butt at anything. I do follow Cumberland Gap though and they were put out in the first round so i couldn't care less if they canceled the rest of the play-offs. I'm simply stating my opinion, Coalfield has turned the ball over 11 times in 2 ball games and still managed to win because their defense has refused to surrender points. If their defense is up to the task Friday and the offense holds on to the ball they will win and the will win by at least 12.

The last time PV traveled up 19e, they went about 10 minutes past Hampton to a little old school in Roan Mt. They looked alot worse when they left than when they arrived. About the turnover stuff, if you can't run the ball, you have to GAMBLE with the pass, the reason they call it a gamble is you stand a chance of throwing it to the other team. I look for Coalfield to HAVE TO GAMBLE because no one has been able to run on them. Coalfield may have another bad game because Hampton has a couple of defencive backs who have the ability to take it to the house. Hampton has more speed than people realize. The less you have to gamble ,the less you're chances are to have turnovers. Hampton don't gamble alot so they don't have to many bad games. Every team that has tried to throw on Hampton quite a bit has had bad games. Hampton caught a few of them and they was rough on the quaterback. I'm telling anyone who is concerned, Coalfield better not have a bad game at Hampton or its their last. This is a big powerful team and they love to knock heads. People has underestimated Hampton all season long. The respect is near boys, now GO GETB UR DUNNNNNNNNN

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets see Hampton beat Unaka 48 to 13 they beat Cloudland 21 to 18 they beat Sunbrite 30 to 7 and they beat Harriman 21 to 0 and there defense is getting better and better. Now for Coalfield how did you all fair to the same teams? enuff said!

if you look at the margin of victory, it is about the same. if you want to talk about who has played who, well lets see. reg. season opponents:

hampton's opponents-35-66

coalfield's opponents- 46-54

ENUFF SAID!!

I personally object to rSquared's banner on his signature. :thumb:

But seriously, the Coalfield team that has play in the first 2 rounds is NOT the team they were from the regular season.

But remember, the teams Coalfield played in the first 2 rounds of the play-offs weren't the teams they played in the regular season either..... Its going to be a great game, no matter who your rooting for. I personly think Hampton will win, by no more than a TD. Its just a shame Unaka starts basketball Friday and I won't be able to see it.

if you look at the margin of victory, it is about the same. if you want to talk about who has played who, well lets see. reg. season opponents:

ENUFF SAID!!

The truth is that Unaka and Cloudland are rivals. And I know that Clouldland and Unaka wanted to beat us more than they wanted to beat Coalfield. Enuff said!

Edited by hamptonbigdogs

But remember, the teams Coalfield played in the first 2 rounds of the play-offs weren't the teams they played in the regular season either..... Its going to be a great game, no matter who your rooting for. I personly think Hampton will win, by no more than a TD. Its just a shame Unaka starts basketball Friday and I won't be able to see it.

You are right. But Hampton is not the same team also.

ENUFF SAID!!

THE TRUTH IS Seems like I saw the same stuff last week before the Harriman game. I'll tell you something else while were at it. This same Cloudland team played Unaka , and the same thing happened to them as in the Coalfield game. Jonah Horney was in the game the first series, they drove right down the field and scored, He got hurt and Cloudland never scored again on offence, they intercepted a pass and ran it back. Score was 14 to zip.You people just don't understand how important Horney was to Cloudland. I think I saw where he had 40 some odd yards last night on the first drive, I think he had 60 the whole night when he played Hampton. All I can tell you is you better come chunking the rock and just hope you don't have another bad night. I think everyone from this area has respect for Coalfield, it just don't seem like the people from your neck of the woods thinks much of Hampton.

ok ok

we dont know whos gonna win.

friday isnt here yet.

so girls stop the bickering.

we will find out friday......

OK i lied GO DAWGS LETS TAKE IT TO STATE!

btw, were the best there is, best there was, best theres ever gonna be!

Big Johnny Price. Got one thing to say "give em heck man" I don't think there's anyone in 1-a that can block you. Heck I know I tried and you just took me to school and I'm a pretty big kid. Well man I'll never put on the pad's again and the memories I have playing are priceless and I just wanna say it was a priviledge to play against you. Im pullin for youns up here on the Kentucky line. I hope I get to see youns dance on that carpet good luck man.

Oh yeah that little running back hides right behind you every play. And you probably make him feel as safe as in his mothers arms. Good luck man.

Big Johnny Price. Got one thing to say "give em heck man" I don't think there's anyone in 1-a that can block you. Heck I know I tried and you just took me to school and I'm a pretty big kid. Well man I'll never put on the pad's again and the memories I have playing are priceless and I just wanna say it was a priviledge to play against you. Im pullin for youns up here on the Kentucky line. I hope I get to see youns dance on that carpet good luck man.

Oh yeah that little running back hides right behind you every play. And you probably make him feel as safe as in his mothers arms. Good luck man.

Now that was one very CLASSY POST! The best to you, "51."

ENUFF SAID!!

Harriman tried the same tactics, "who'd yall play, look at their recoerds versus the records of our opponents". Let's see, where are they at? Oh yeah, probably getting ready to but tickets to the next football game they want to see. It doesn't matter who played who, everybody got here for the same reason, they are on a winning streak. Overall, I just think that it comes down to defense, and personally I'll take Hamptons' over Coalfields'.

I have said this time after time J.C. Campbell has prepared us for this run in the play-offs. We have played Knox Catholic #1 in state, Alcoa #1 in state, Cloudland #6 in state, Happy Valley #9 in state (2004), Cumberland Gap #7 in state, 4a Johnson County, Sunbrite, Harriman , GP ranked 10th in state and South Greene so the Truth is that in the last two years we have played some good teams. Now who has Coalfield played? Have they played any of the #1 teams in state?