Hampton Wins... Coalfield next!

KING'S NEMESIS

congrats hampton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you played a heck of a ballgame. i am like old 24eagle though i wished it could have been those eagles from cosby playing you last night. hey but thats how is is. you get beat you go to the weight room get ready fo next year. Potter, Townsend, Lungsford, Winters, BIG 71 & the rest of you HAMPTON song love'n boys go do what you do best week end week out and win next week. I wish had film on coalfield and a scouting report i could send you like i did last week but i dont. you guys played a great game. you hit hard and let them know it was your house. hope you guys arent to banged up. get ready monday to take care of coalfield. PUjo was great to meet you as well. it is nice to have friends that you sometimes go to battle against but will also help you out when you need it. good luck next week. oh yea sorry that your brother has to be you know who. that has to be some curse or something...............LOL! take care and GOD Bless.

coach shelton

I have to deal with that every day of my life. Hope both you guys get to make it next week. If you are like me, you are addicted to football, and will be in bad need of a fix. Shame it can't be your own guys.

Thanks again.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is fine. Just got a little rattled on the CHEAP shot out of bounds. Anybody see any licks layed tonight.

I feel pretty sure that they have got 2 or 3 guys that are a little sore after last night. That poor feller that caught that blocked punt was decimated by Potter and made the Hit Of The Night on WJHL. One thing that I have got to say is that I have never seen a team that would hit you as hard and as often as Hampton does. And another big props to Roop, who last night probably played the game of his life by staying in the backfield and kept pressure on their quarterback(also one of the guys that is probably a little sore). Just hope we coontinue withthe same intensity and determination. Go get 'em Dogs!!!!!!

Can Coalfield pass? If not then we might see 4 passes the whole night. Harriman had their chances but could not get into the endzone.

The officals at the Hampton game were awful both ways. Hampton breaks the huddle with 12 guys Townsend runs off the field with the side ref watching him no flag. The TSSAA should be ashamed having officals that bad in a playoff game. I saw Birkner their supervisor at the game hopefully he turned a bad report on these guys because they were a disgrace to the game.

Coalfield loves to throw the wide reciever screens. It seemed to be the only effective play that they could run in the first three quarters. They also ran some wish bone which was very effective on their last scoring drive. They run a counter play out of that formation which is very effective. They also run shotgun and play action passes. The quarterback has a good arm. Don't let the 4 interceptions fool you. Cloudland has an excellent defensive backfield. #34 Davis is their big play man. If Hampton can contain him, then they can shut Coalfield down. The Bulldogs are too big and strong up front for Coalfield. Hampton should be able to run the ball at will on the YellowJackets. They could not stop Cloudland when Horney was in the game. Imagine trying to stop the combination of Potter and Townsend. The only downside for Hampton is being able to throw the football. They have to be able to run play action pass to keep Coalfield from stacking the line. If they do these things, I say dogs will win by 3 TDs.

Guest Shocker0

If they do these things, I say dogs will win by 3 TDs.

I guarantee that Hampton will not win by 3 touchdowns.

For the first three quarters of last nights game, Coalfield played like they did against Oliver Springs and Unaka, BAD!

Then in the 4th quarter, you saw true Coalfield football. They score when they needed to most and stopped Cloudland every drive in the fourth quarter and didn't turn the ball over 1 time. So hopefully Coalfield is over their first half mistakes, and if they can capitalize on that then I think they will pull this one out by a TD. Coalfields defense played awesome, and you will not run at will against them. I believe that speaks for itself as to how good their defense played since they had 6 turnovers and still Cloudland could get only one touchdown. No one talks much about Coalfields defense, but they will come ready to play Friday :ph34r:

No need to backtalk right now just wait for the game. I still think both teams will play awesome defense though and another low score, I say:

Coalfield- 14

Hampton- 7

You are entitled to your opinion, but facts are facts. 75 percent of Cloudlands offense was on the sideline and it exposed Cloudland's one weakness: Depth. Tackling a bruising 220 lb. running back for 4 quarters would have taken its toll. All we had left were two 150 lb. running backs who gave there all. Coalfield would not have been able to handle Horney for 4 quarters. They couldn't even stop him on the first drive when he had 43 yards on 6 carries. Coalfield defenders would have been flinching when they seen him coming their way in the 4th quarter. He gets a big bulk of his yards after initial contact. The only reason they didn't turn it over in the 4th quarter was they kept the ball on the ground due to the great respect they had for Cloudland's DB's. Davis held on to the football and played a great game. Just remember that you had to come from behind to beat a short-handed Cloudland team. Imagine trying to go on the road and beat a loaded Hampton team. I just don't see it happening. Hampton by 3 Tds.

P.S. Remember, turnovers are sometimes created by great defense!! :ph34r:

Guest Shocker0

Yes but look what happened when Coalfield started running the ball and controlling it, then they actually moved it without coughing it up.

When they passed, they got intercepted, when they ran, they ran just as good as your alls Horney guy.

You say that Hampton can run at will against them. Coalfield had an off night for 2 straight weeks and still managed to win. They would have found a way to stop him I believe, even if they didn't on the first drive. One person won't win a game anyway, it takes the whole team. You need to look at how Coalfields defense has played all year before you say that it isn't strong. Besides their loss against O.S, the most points they have given up was 19 in the first game of the season, and in the last 5 games it was only 14 against Harriman, and they didn't have Brandon Davis in for nearly the whole game after he got injured in the first quarter.

Yes, I have great deal of respect for Coalfield. I played on the same field in 1994 and got familiar with players like Matthew Breeden and Andy Lowe and coach Kries. Coalfield always plays with pride and Hampton will have to play their butts off to beat them. However, I've seen both teams play and when Hampton plays to their potential, they are the better team. They are so physical that its hard to recover from the poundings they will put on you. But I've been wrong before. We'll see next week.

You are entitled to your opinion, but facts are facts. 75 percent of Cloudlands offense was on the sideline and it exposed Cloudland's one weakness: Depth. Tackling a bruising 220 lb. running back for 4 quarters would have taken its toll. All we had left were two 150 lb. running backs who gave there all. Coalfield would not have been able to handle Horney for 4 quarters. They couldn't even stop him on the first drive when he had 43 yards on 6 carries. Coalfield defenders would have been flinching when they seen him coming their way in the 4th quarter. He gets a big bulk of his yards after initial contact. The only reason they didn't turn it over in the 4th quarter was they kept the ball on the ground due to the great respect they had for Cloudland's DB's. Davis held on to the football and played a great game. Just remember that you had to come from behind to beat a short-handed Cloudland team. Imagine trying to go on the road and beat a loaded Hampton team. I just don't see it happening. Hampton by 3 Tds.

P.S. Remember, turnovers are sometimes created by great defense!! :ph34r:

I think Coalfield played two good defense's Cloudland and Unaka, that is why you had your turnovers

Does anyone know the stats from last nights game against Harriman? I do not believe Harriman had a lot of rushing yards. Most of their yars cam on long pass plays were our DB tried to intercept the ball instead of knocking it down and their recievers had good concentration and caught it. Hampton's defense was dominate. How many yards did Hampton have rushing the ball?

Maybe Coalfield had six turnovers because of Cloudlands defense.

I keep reading remarks about how many times Coalfield has turned the ball over and still "managed" to win. If I seem to remember the basics of football, turnovers happen for 1 of three reasons, a strong hard hitting defense, an un disciplined offense or poor coaching. I have no doubt to the quality of Coalfields coaching, they are in the dance year after year. From what I can read about the teams season up to this date, they can get sloppy with the ball, but they are not an undisciplined team. This leads to the only other factor, a hard hitting, disciplined defense. So give your opponents their due. Oh yeah, by the way Hampton will hit you hard and often!!