Loudon vs Alcoa--Two Best 2A Teams in TN?

DrawingDead

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's where I need clarification: "Is it an automatic ejection if he received 2 personal foul penalties?"

I saw the replay of the "spin" on tv. Yes, it deserved a 15 yard penalty ... but it certainly didn't merit "ejection" unless the answer to my first question is yes.

the call against brandon gets the bullsh!t award...a ejection for spinning the ball..oh please! the refs can go cry a river somewhere else.

then i guess we should all spin the football and spike it everytime we do something good.. and he didnt get ejected for just spinning the ball, he had also gotten a flag prior to that.. you should be able to conduct urself with class on the football field.. but hey i guess after the 91 points, nething goes..

I was at the game..the first "unsportsmanlike penalty" was when he and a loudon player shoved each other. the penalties were offset. The second unsportsmanlike was for "showboating" after spinning the ball on the ground after a nice catch and gain. If a player gets 2 such penalties in a game unfortunatly, it's an automatic ejection . I know Brandon..he's a really nice guy but his emotions when he plays can be beneficial and detremental also. I will say after he was ejected, Alcoa scored 3 touchdowns and still kept Loudon off the board. He will be missed, but these guys don't need him to win. There is alot more to Alcoa than Brandon Warren. Go Alcoa....Beat Tyner!

Let me congratulate Loudon on a fine season and an excellent game. It was closer than the score indicated. They really pushed Alcoa and it will help the Tornadoes and make them better next week. I am not going to talk about the Warren incident except to say that it seemed to pull the team together when he got ejected.( Brandon is indeed done as an Alcoa football player. ) Instead , I will talk about the heart and desire @63 Drew Miller displayed. He stepped up big when his team needed him. Chris Shiverdecker picked himself after two big first half fumbles that were drive killers and ran hard and came up big for his team. Here is a classy kid who does his job on the field and acts like he has done it before. Dustin Lindsey playing thru pain and injury. Colton Reid coming back in to play center although it was difficult to walk , because his team needed him. Bobby Keller coming up big at DE and many other kids ( too many to mention here ) doing what it takes to beat a tough team.

I look forward to seeing how this team finishes. They obviously have less talent now but I believe they have some leaders that will carry them on to their goal. It is during adversity that you can see the heart of a team. I liked what I saw tonight. :lol:

Edited by Coalman

first i would like to congrats to the redskins on a great season second to the Alcoa fans who told me the boys played a great game you showed alot of class football ended tonight for our seniors and it was hard but keep your heads up you did a glorious thing this year and nothing anyone says or does takes that away because glory last forever you brought redskin pride back and leave a legacy behind you that is one for the history book

Here's where I need clarification: "Is it an automatic ejection if he received 2 personal foul penalties?"

I saw the replay of the "spin" on tv. Yes, it deserved a 15 yard penalty ... but it certainly didn't merit "ejection" unless the answer to my first question is yes.

Actually Govman , the calls were for unsportsmanlike conduct instead of personal fouls. That is grounds for an auto ejection according to the crew working the game.

Since that is two ejections this season he is done for the year. Brandon has to learn to be accountable for his own actions , IMO. B)

Coalman, honest question to consider:

If players receiving "unsportsmanlike conducts" and "personal fouls" is a reflection of the coaching staff not doing a good job of "disciplining their team"--which was a knock I've heard against one of your former head coaches--then does the coaching staff have to shoulder any of the blame for this incident?

Just interested in your opinion ... I'm making no judgements.