Goodpasture @ Camden

Lions4ever

Due to my work schedule, I don't get to attend many Camden games. The DCA and Richland playoff games are the only ones I have been able to make it to this season.

Now here's the part where I may be inserting my foot into my mouth; What in the world is wrong with the Camden band?!!? Why don't they play when the team makes a first down or stops the opponent for a loss? Do they even know when to play? It seems to me that the Camden band director either doesn't care about football or he just doesn't know anything about it. Heck, at the Richland game, on one series when Camden was on offense, the band was playing and kept right on playing after the center had snapped the ball! Someone please tell the band director that you just aren't supposed to do that.

I am not blaming the kids in the band. The band director is 100% responsible for teaching these hard-working kids when to play and when not to during a game. My feelings are if you are at the game, you are there to support the team and I'm just not seeing it from this band director.

I have nothing but respect for the band members. I played drums in the band in grades 6-8. I enjoy the halftime show and even ate supper the last two games out of the concession stand to help support them. I plan on being there this Fri. night and again will eat supper from the concession stand.

I hope the Band Director gets it right this Fri. night. I have always felt a band can be the heartbeat of a football game and everyone knows we need all the help we can get this deep in the playoffs.

To anyone band members reading this, remember, you, the cheerleaders, and the crowd are all part of the team and we need you!

I have no intentions of offending anyone with this post. I believe my concerns are justified and I apologize if I did offend anyone in any way.

OK. I'm off my soapbox.

Go Camden!!!!

This may not be the place for it but I am glad someone brought it up! The band, the cheerleaders, the managers, the coaches, the players, and finally the crowd are all on the same team ....one that is united together to show team spirit, to work together to win ball-games, and most of all to represent Benton co and Camden Central High School! Each is an important part that it takes to make a whole. I'm not sure what the problem is but I do know that support for the band is declining every week. There seems to be an elitist attitude going on with the band director. Requests have been made for the band to attend pep rallys, to work together with the cheerleaders during the games, and certainly NOT to play during offensive series, but the director for some reason has decided that he will not be a team player. What he doesn't seem to realize is that there would be more crowd excitement, more interest by potentially future band students if the band wasn't segregated, and if they became more involved with the game. I for one know that I would pay alot more attention to what was going on during half time if there was more involvement by the band during the games and other school functions.

whew, I feel better....and I'll get off my soapbox now.

Back to the game...

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Lions 2 days till the Cougars come to town....we have alot of support from around west TN (even if some of it is from some fans that just don't want to travel to Nashville to play next week :angry: ...but what the heck we'll take whatever support we can get right now :angry: ) Let's bring home the W and guarantee that a team from the west gets to the Boro!.....it sure has been a looooooong week so far! GO LIONS!

Just curious on everyones opinion concerning this huge quarterfinal matchup in Camden. Camden has seemed to fly under the radar all season after losing two early. From what I have heard, they have been constantly improving week to week. Goodpasture is traditionally strong and seem to always be around come middle of November. What are the things each team must do to pull this out?

I heard on the news that a twister touched down in Camden and was wondering if there was any damage and if there was to what extent.

I live in california (hence the name) but i spoke to my parents in camden and they said that most of the damage was up on 641 between Paris and Camden and south in holiday. Camden missed most of the major damage......that is what i was told anyway!!!

GO LIONS!!!!!!

Edited by CaliforniaCamdenFan

Just curious on everyones opinion concerning this huge quarterfinal matchup in Camden. Camden has seemed to fly under the radar all season after losing two early. From what I have heard, they have been constantly improving week to week. Goodpasture is traditionally strong and seem to always be around come middle of November. What are the things each team must do to pull this out?

This game will come down to who makes the fewest mistakes... I don't think the boys are ready to quit yet, they are giving everything they've got to bring Camden another win.....Go Lions

This game will come down to who makes the fewest mistakes... I don't think the boys are ready to quit yet, they are giving everything they've got to bring Camden another win.....Go Lions

Its gonna be Brrrrrr cold for this one! Just more incentive to jump around and cheer louder! :D

Remember Lion fans pep rally @ 7:15 to follow basketball "Meet the Lions" that starts at 6:00 in the gym! Let's be there to root both our B-ball and Football teams on to victory! GO LIONS!