Alcoa vs. Tyner

aliastn

Youre right, I dont have any idea what Tyner is bringing. Frankly, im not worried. I will say one thing im worried about though. With all the Tyner fans posting about this game, im worried that there will be so many "TYNER SENIORS: THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES" threads come saturday morning that flood control will be going crazy.

...And what's the problem with that(if it even hapens)...you didn't have any comment after our Region 3-2A brethren Boyd-B had a couple of threads on here about their seniors...and furthermore what concern is it to you?...your team probably got eliminated (or never made the cut)...you are right don't worry about the "RAMS"...just "get-on-board" or get-out-the-way!!! :thumb:

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There must be a lot of questions running through Alcoa's mind. Alcoa is still good, but just how good are they now? Also, discipline problems spell trouble. When all is good, it is easy to overlook things. As far as Tyner having the tougher region, you must be joking. Region 2-2a is the most competitive region, and has been for quite some time in East Tennessee. But to Tyner's credit, they are hitting on all cylinders, and don't have any question who will play where, and how many games someone will be sitting out for discipline problems. I think Tyner is catching Alcoa at the right time. They will have to pounce on them early.

Tyner is a good team, but Alcoa seems to be stronger. Everytime I look in the paper I see Alcoa players commited to playing either at Florida State,Tennesee or some other big college.I havent seen them play yet this year, but the way the results have been from previous games they seem like a real good team.Good luck Tyner I would like to see you win this game, It would make a big statement!Ill make my prediction later in the week.

Edited by SpPirate07

My "pick & hope"? Can't remember picking Loudon and not sure what you are implying with the hope thing. Just because, presently I no longer support the Alcoa Program does not mean I can't talk football so you'll have to get over that if you are thinking I am wishing Alcoa ill will, because I am not. Hope they get what they have coming to them whatever, in your mind that may be.

No distraction here, I take no joy in the events surrounding the program except of course that event that occurred Aug 26th, which was quite enjoyable!

Alcoa should win the game this Friday vs. Tyner by 10-14 points but I do not think it will be a low scoring game. I think both teams will put up some numbers.

Tyner lost to MaCallie and Alcoa beat them but, Alcoa also gave up 35 points and won by one TD & a FG. Tyner is 10-3 and in my opinion played in a tougher region than did Alcoa this year. Region 2-2A has a combined region win percentage of only 49% where Tyner's Region's is better than 62%.

Across the board 2A in East Tennessee is very weak this year and I think this game will be closer than many think, but Alcoa should win a close one.

Think what you want, me don't care!

Tougher region but not a tougher schedule which will help Alcoa. Playing Hopkinsville KY, Maryville, Fulton, McCallie, Loudon twice (ranked #3 in 2A) has off set their weak opponents. Also, Tyner playing Boyd Buchanon (final record of 6-7) versus Alcoa playing Loudon (final record of 11-2) in the quarters will do better for Alcoa's preparation and intensity levels.

Tougher region but not a tougher schedule which will help Alcoa. Playing Hopkinsville KY, Maryville, Fulton, McCallie, Loudon twice (ranked #3 in 2A) has off set their weak opponents. Also, Tyner playing Boyd Buchanon (final record of 6-7) versus Alcoa playing Loudon (final record of 11-2) in the quarters will do better for Alcoa's preparation and intensity levels.

I have seen both Loudon and Boyd this past season. Boyd, regardless of record, would beat Loudon in my opinion.

Were you drinking while watching? Loudon would easily beat BB. Loudon drilled Polk County who was second best team last year in region that BB is in now. Only games Loudon lost this year were to Alcoa.

Boyd would have drilled Polk last year. :thumb: By the way that was LAST YEAR. Polk would have finished in 3rd in the region this year, maybe 4th.

"Boyd would have drilled Polk last year. By the way that was LAST YEAR. Polk would have finished in 3rd in the region this year, maybe 4th."

That's funny. Polk returned 18 starters this year, how do you figure they would have finished 3rd or 4th in region? It took Tyner stopping Polk on 4th and goal from the 2 to just beat them last year. Also, I think Tyner was better last year with Rutley in lineup.

Also, I didn't say anything about how good/bad BB was last year- you need to reread my post.

Edited by johnnyboy