OFFICIAL WORD...

westtn2004state

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just something I've heard around the community is that since Warrens ejection the first time (in KY) wasnt under TSSAA rules or TSSAA officials that TSSAA may be looking at it as a first offense. If thats true then Warren will be out the Tyner game but will be warmly greeted at Boro if/when the Tornadoes get that far....Just a rumor ive heard around the community!

Good info and link. I did have a problem with the latter part of the artical when Mr. Carter said:

"Warren's suspension will have no bearing on his chances to win the Mr. Football award, which is based on regular season statistics. He was named a finalist for the Class 2A lineman award earlier this month".

The Mr. Football winners will be announced on Monday in Nashville.

"When we go through the process of selecting Mr. Football finalists, our committee also takes into consideration whether a player is making satisfactory progress toward graduation and is a good citizen," Carter said. "Brandon met all of those goals. The (Alcoa) administration spoke very highly of him."

Gee, because Alcoa thinks highly of him, then his antics on the field of play mean nothing. Look out here comes the wrong message to all young players.

The kid should be done from athletics in my opinion.

Good info and link. I did have a problem with the latter part of the artical when Mr. Carter said:

"Warren's suspension will have no bearing on his chances to win the Mr. Football award, which is based on regular season statistics. He was named a finalist for the Class 2A lineman award earlier this month".

"When we go through the process of selecting Mr. Football finalists, our committee also takes into consideration whether a player is making satisfactory progress toward graduation and is a good citizen," Carter said. "Brandon met all of those goals. The (Alcoa) administration spoke very highly of him."

Gee, because Alcoa thinks highly of him, then his antics on the field of play mean nothing. Look out here comes the wrong message to all young players.

I dont think he should be done from athletics, remember he's just a kid we all made stupid decisions at that age. But I do think it should be an automatic DQ from the Mr. Football Award. Most people think the award is a joke anyway, and the TSSAA just helped add fuel to the fire by the statement the had on BW. Why even keep him as a finalist if he cant help his team win a championship because of his own antics. He's already commited and its not like Bobby Bowden cares about awards anyway, the 2003 Mr. Football in the state of Florida sits the bench for FSU.

He should not be done because he did not do anything to get ejected. It was a big game and a close game when the 2nd penalty happened. If you watch the film, you can see that he did not show off. Compared to what many players are getting away with now days, what he did was not worthy of a penalty. The ref was probably just jealous b/c he couldn't spin the ball like that.

That was a horrible horrible game from an officials standpoint. A person told me on Thursday morning to watch out because someone will try and get Warren out of the game if it looks like Alcoa is going to win. That was the 1st high school game I have been to when I felt like the officials had truly done a terrible job. The fans showed the displeasure as well.

The kid is going to FSU and I think he has a target on his back because of that. It's a sad situation b/c he is a good kid and all of you bashing his character need to hold off unless you know him personally.

I hope they appeal b/c I hate it when a kid is treated unjustly. Rumor is that based on video evidence of both penalties, the ruling will be over turned.

Rev Jlane

It would suprise me if he didn't play. It is funny that things can be overlooked for star players, but anyone else and there would be no questions. Looks like there is trouble in tornadoville.

Beleive me, there was nothing overlooked by the officials on the field concerning Brandon Warren. Most of the negative comments are coming from people who weren't at the game. Warren violated the rules and he is paying the price. He has played in many football games without incident. He is not a thug but he has shown a lack of judgement in two games. The name-calling and dire predictions are coming from a few people with little information. There are always these self-righteous people around who need to unfairly criticize others.