David Lipscomb vs Livingston Academy

swipper

congrats to livingston. you guys played with a lot of heart and you guys deserve that gold ball. i got a question though. HOW DID YOU GUYS LOSE 5 GAMES?. yall looked like one of the better teams i've seen all year.

If you go look, all of their losses were close ones (with the exception of Fulton) against very good competition. And, they play in arguably the best region in 3A. So, they were tested with fire and ready for the playoffs. Not hard to understand at all!

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fill like a story teller :D but heres the story of Hogeye :o

During the late 1930's and early 40's a number of students came to LA from a small community in northeast Overton county near monroe called Bethsadia or "Hogeye". Many of these students played basketball. One year it was said that 10 out of 15 players on the girls team was from Bethsaida or "Hogeye". When these players were on the floor playing,students that had also went to Bethsaida would yell for their classmates. They would yell "Lets go Hogeye,Lets go Hogeye" in support of there team and community. They would also yell " H-O-G-E-Y-E Hogeye Hogeye T-N-T" which has become our unofficial school mascott (Hogeye), moto and school yell. You will hear it alot saturday so at least you now know what it means :thumb:

can anybody tell me what year the "hog-eye boogie" was written ?

I fill like a story teller :D but heres the story of Hogeye :o

During the late 1930's and early 40's a number of students came to LA from a small community in northeast Overton county near monroe called Bethsadia or "Hogeye". Many of these students played basketball. One year it was said that 10 out of 15 players on the girls team was from Bethsaida or "Hogeye". When these players were on the floor playing,students that had also went to Bethsaida would yell for their classmates. They would yell "Lets go Hogeye,Lets go Hogeye" in support of there team and community. They would also yell " H-O-G-E-Y-E Hogeye Hogeye T-N-T" which has become our unofficial school mascott (Hogeye), moto and school yell. You will hear it alot saturday so at least you now know what it means :thumb:

That is a neat story.

If you are talking about the song that's been playing on the radio, it was by C.L. Smith, a local sports reporter. I think he did it in the mid or late '70's. If you are talking about our fight chant, I have no idea!!

C L Smith loved the Wildcats Sports Program better than anyone I ever knew. He also was one of the founders of the Little League program back in the sixties. He probably won more championships than any coach and gave his time to the kids.

Yes I believe he wrote the song back in the 70's when I played and sang it on the radio on his sports show. He really was a great man and avid sports fan of LA. I think about Charlie quite often and how he gave us kids a chance to come on his show and talk about sports and gave some of the best press in the local papers second to none.

I know he would of been so proud for this years team. It's good to hear his name brought up again b/c he was without a doubt one of the biggest fans that LA has ever had.

OK!! It's time---can you say MR. CATES???

I'm afraid I can't. If you would read the entire thing it says "when he can match the ring and silver ball". Swing and a miss. However, I am not on here to start anything again. Livingston is a great football team, and we all saw that on Saturday. Congratulations to Wilson Cates and the Livingston area. You have a team to be proud of for years to come. Hopefully, Wilson will have a chance to display his game at the next level, this kid showed a lot of heart. Signing off until next fall. Go Stangs!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!LA from Trousdale COunty. At least one Yellow JAcket fan was pulling for you, but I think a lot of us were. Great game. I enjoyed watching every minute of it. Once again, congrats on an impressive and well deserved championship!!!

Heres another TC Fan who was pulling for you guys LA. Great game! You definatly

deserve this title, CONGRATS!!!!

Looking forward to next years regular season rematch, class 1A Champs v/s class 3A Champs

What a game that should be!!!!! :P

Its only Tuesday and I have seen and read many predictions on this game. We have some very bold folks in this thread. I would suggest that everyone who has made or will make a prediction will agree to the following: 1) The Team that losses, those who predicted that team to win it will agree to come back to the site and then post that the winner is the best team and that they were wrong in their prediction and will sing "Hail to the Victors"--what I am saying that you will eat some crow. 2) If the team that you predicted wins: then you get to come back and post how well coached your team is and how well your team played and how great your fans are and then respond to the individual posts of the losers. All of those Lipscomb and Livingston Academy Voyeurs (like to watch) here on Coach T. will not be allowed to participate in the post game activities as noted.

All of those in favor raise your right hand and sing your Alma Mater or Fight Song. For those Lipscomb fans you will have to sing the Alma Mater because I'm not sure of what the Fight Song this week is.

:P;):):(:)