Melrose vs Maryville Round 2

kwc

...This game will be the best of what high school football is all about. Last year's game was a doozy. I really think this one will be too. Be safe and enjoy. I am back in Texas and unfortunately will probably have to view via the World Wide Web like last year.

OrangeMoundWest

Great summary, OMW

Unfortunately, I might not be able to attend the game, either.

1) What's the website address that's gonna show the game?

2) Is the game gonna be on TV (live, preferably) in Memphis? If so, what channel?

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great summary, OMW

2) Is the game gonna be on TV (live, preferably) in Memphis? If so, what channel?

In Memphis, Time Warner Cable will have it on channel 6 live. Last year there was a link on TSSAA.org for the web viewing. I think I paid about $20 for it. I will be on the lookout for it and post when/if it is offered again.

OMW

Great summary, OMW

last year the game was on channel 12 i think in Maryville which is the WBXX...thats all i know hope it helps.

In Memphis, Time Warner Cable will have it on channel 6 live. Last year there was a link on TSSAA.org for the web viewing. I think I paid about $20 for it. I will be on the lookout for it and post when/if it is offered again.

OMW

Thanks.

last year the game was on channel 12 i think in Maryville which is the WBXX...thats all i know hope it helps.

Yeah, that helps. I appreciate it, Rebelguy21.

Just looked at some film and Melrose is good...very good...passing game has improved and always dangerous with Cooper in the backfield...Maryville must do what they did last year..respect the speed and have a good game plan and in turn execute that game plan to perfection...thats my take on things...may be wrong may be right...and in no way are the Rebels scared...scared teams dont have championships 4-5....5-7 years.

if you wanna beat maryville, you cant make mistakes....i cant see melrose playing mistake free for 48 minutes....maryville by 2 TD's...big night for tallent..gary tucker is one of the best defensive players ive ever seen...good luck rebs, this west high trojan fan is pullin for you guys next week, bring another gold ball back home to east tn

He is probably making this assumption because it was our closest game. He may or may not know that Central's offense did not score in that game and passed the 50 yard line like twice. They returned a fumble for a score and an interception for another one. That was week five and Maryville was still breaking in the two new quarterbacks. If he is talking about getting anything offensively from that tape he could not be more wrong. Does anyone know what Melrose's official passing stats are for the season? And bear in mind I said official not quesstimates, which so far seem to be off the map.

No actually me and my college buddies watched this game on CSS. Central should of won that game, if not for a horrible pass by Helton. Maryville show some weaknesses on offense that night, that I am not going to state on here, but go back and watch the game film and do some film studying yourself. Official stats mean nothing come Saturday, the only stats that will matter come Saturday is the final score at the end of the game.

No actually me and my college buddies watched this game on CSS. Central should of won that game, if not for a horrible pass by Helton. Maryville show some weaknesses on offense that night, that I am not going to state on here, but go back and watch the game film and do some film studying yourself. Official stats mean nothing come Saturday, the only stats that will matter come Saturday is the final score at the end of the game.

Maryville dominated on both sides of the ball, if Maryville had not made stupid mistakes the score would have been 31-0 or worse.

Now the playoff game was alittle different. But I do not believe Melrose has that much more speed than Central, and Maryville handled them just fine, twice.

Edited by KFLfootball

Central should of won? I guess you know they lost and had Helton completed the pass in question there was no sure shot at the end zone. Also you might note there was another game where Maryville again defeated central, so go watch that film.

You can't state any weaknesses on the offense because you really don't see any. Just because you boys are college men means nothing, except you haven't been around the game that long. The short commings may be there and I am sure there are things Maryville would like to do better on, but stopping Maryville is a chore for any team. Melrose presents Maryville a whole new set of challenges as they are a great football team who are very well coached.

If you know everything about how to stop Maryville, why don't your share your vast knowlege with the last 20-25 different coaches who were unable to beat Maryville? I am sure they would welcome a man of your knowlege into their locker room. Have you called Coach Flowers to share your insight?

Edited by FBEmeritus

The main weaknesses were the turnovers. The two that Central tied the score with and another one at the two yard line otherwise that game is a complete route. It amazes me how EVERYONE wants to talk about the last pass by Helton and ignore the two Maryville turnovers that put Central back in the game. I was at the game. I don't have time to watch film. I am not a coach. Or a WANNABE.

Edited by mhs

if you wanna beat maryville, you cant make mistakes....i cant see melrose playing mistake free for 48 minutes....maryville by 2 TD's...big night for tallent..gary tucker is one of the best defensive players ive ever seen...good luck rebs, this west high trojan fan is pullin for you guys next week, bring another gold ball back home to east tn

preciate that WestTrofan.

Gary will have to have a great game and so will the rest of our team.

I am a little worried if they come out with big line splits like west did and use the turn block or what ever it is called method and get those quick 5 yard runs. Other than that their offense doesnt scare me.

Their deffesne is one that the offesne is going to have to be very preparied for.

They are quick and can make tackles very well. But so is our deffese.

Coaching, blocking and tackling will be the winning factors. Look for more fieldgoals this game. :thumb:

Edited by rebelman16