Shootmore

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all District games played, here is the seedings.

1.Shelbyville

2.Columbia Central

3.Franklin County Gets #3 seed beacuse of head to head(3-1)

4.Lawrence County Gets #4 seed beacuse of head to head (2-2)

5.Lincoln County Gets #5 seed beacuse of head to head (1-3)

6.Coffee County

7. Tullahoma

#1Shelbyville gets a bye.

#4Lawrence Co host #5Lincoln Co. Winner to play Shelbyville.

#2Columbia host #7 Tullahoma.

#3Franklin Co host #6 Coffee Co. Winner of 2/7 will play winner of 3/6.

kwright, I was in the Dr's office this day and no computer. i'm glad I didn't get to bloviate over what I thought about the game going in. I'll tell you what I thougt after the game.....You saw the Lawrenceburg Columbia game in Lawrenceburg, and this was worse...1 offensive rebound in the 2nd half..3 points in the 3rd quarter. If we play like this on Monday Tullahoma will get win number 1 in the district at just the right time. I hope some of the girls read this cause they respond well at times to wake up calls but they really need to do a little soul searching. An attitude adjustment at the right place and time is good medicine and judging how we play for the next few games after we stink up the joint, I think we'll be fine. It is not in anyway taking away from Lincoln County they played extreemly well. I would like to get them again but who know. It is time for the second season now.

With all District games played, here is the seedings.

1.Shelbyville

2.Columbia Central

3.Franklin County Gets #3 seed beacuse of head to head(3-1)

4.Lawrence County Gets #4 seed beacuse of head to head (2-2)

5.Lincoln County Gets #5 seed beacuse of head to head (1-3)

6.Coffee County

7. Tullahoma

#1Shelbyville gets a bye.

#4Lawrence Co host #5Lincoln Co. Winner to play Shelbyville.

#2Columbia host #7 Tullahoma.

#3Franklin Co host #6 Coffee Co. Winner of 2/7 will play winner of 3/6.

ShootMore: Thanks for the standings. Are you sure of the tourney seeding?

HOOPS TO YA!!!!

kw

Well, the regular season is over :thumb: Time to own up to my preseason prognostications. Here is my preseason post from Nov. 29th:

As I say every year, " Opinions are like skunks, the woods are full of them and most all of them stink" But, with that having been said, here goes my shot at stinking up the joint.

(1) Columbia ( I have seen them a couple of times and I like how this team moves. I like how this coach coaches (Aggressive but Smart) Assuming "The Lamp" comes back strong, they should make it to "The Boro")

(2) Shelbyville ( Injuries are playing a role now and may for most of the season but I think the other players on this team are learning quick. I like this coach. He ain't the "Lil General", but he can coach.)

(3) Franklin County (Bet that got your attention! Hey folks, I know first hand that John Wild can coach and I also know first hand that these girls are no stranger to work (AAU teams). That makes for a winning combo and I expect to be able to pick them higher next year.)

(4) Lincoln County ( I know most people see them as a two or three, but what I have seen so far does not make me think they are good enough early enough to finish higher than four. Can't beat their coach, but coach can't play. Now if that ain't locker room wall material I don't know what is. Yep, it's a challenge, but so is this district. Prove me wrong and have a good time doing it)

(5/6) Toss up between Coffee County and my team LAWRENCE COUNTY. I have not seen Coffee county this season but based on what I see on the scoreboard, I think they are undefeated as I write this.

Lawrence County is so thin you can see through them but you can't beat this group when it comes to heart. They have beat some good teams like Jackson County and B.A. If we have no injuries and everyone stays on the same page I think we could finish higher but I am writing using my pea brain of a head and not my heart. I will say this, any team that overlooks us will have only themselves to blame for the big (L) on their schedule. A thin hungry cat is a dangerous animal.

(7) Tullahoma (This is a mystery to me and I ain't Sherlock, enough said)

So, let's see. I got one and two turned around. Got three right. Look who ended up in fourth (my team) B) I had them at 5th or 6th preseason. Looks like I had six and seven semi right. I think with my power as a prognosticator and a nickle I could probably get a piece of bubble gum :)

GOOD LUCK 8AAA!!!!!!!!

p.s. Thanks to Shootmore for the poll. Looks like it got a few hits.

kw

Edited by kwright

Showtime 7 made the point that AAA as a whole was down this year and that may be right. I think 8AAA is up overall. You didn't have the dominating team like the last 2-4 yrs or so but you still have the top 2 teams that can beat anybody in the state on any night and 3-6 could go deep into the region also. I hope all the teams stay healthy throughout the tournament.

Here's my tourney thoughts

First round winners

1. Columbia

2. Lawrence Co

3. Franklin Co.

then 2nd round

Columbia over Franklin Co

Shelbyville over Lawrence Co.

then,

Columbia over Shelbyville (in a game that could go either way but I'm for the Lady Lions so Shelbyville fans can flip flop it if they want)

Lawrence Co over Franklin Co (home court helps out)

THEN here it gets fun

Region

Columbia vs Cookeville rematch from last year

Shelbyville vs. White Co.

Riverdale vs. Lawrence Co.

Seigle vs. Franklin Co.

and guess what 8AAA sweeps okay okay but it's food for thought

What do you think?

This is how the standings should be based upon by laws

1. Shelbyville

2. Columbia

3. Franklin County

4. Lincoln County

5. Lawrenceburg

6. Coffee County

7. Tullahoma

Three way tie for 3rd Franklin gets the nod because of the head to head record of 3 and 1. Then after you have decided third place you look at fourth. Two teams tied head to head. Then you go to higher seed and because Lincoln County beat shelbyville they would get the fourth spot.

This is how the standings should be based upon by laws

1. Shelbyville

2. Columbia

3. Franklin County

4. Lincoln County

5. Lawrenceburg

6. Coffee County

7. Tullahoma

Three way tie for 3rd Franklin gets the nod because of the head to head record of 3 and 1. Then after you have decided third place you look at fourth. Two teams tied head to head. Then you go to higher seed and because Lincoln County beat shelbyville they would get the fourth spot.

Uh Oh!!!!! That ain't good for my team :) When will we know for sure??? CoachT????

kw

Uh Oh!!!!! That ain't good for my team :D When will we know for sure??? CoachT????

kw

My interpretation would be that if you go head-to-head between three tied teams that you use the records of all three against each other: Franklin Co 3-1, Lawrence Co 2-2, and Lincoln Co 1-3 which would make FC 3rd, Lawrence Co 4th, and Lincoln Co 5th. Why would you only use it to determine FC's and not do the same for the other two? After all, no matter what happens all three teams are still tied for third in the regular season but FC is getting the three seed based on the head-to-head of all three teams. The other two seeds should also be decided using the head-to-head records of all three teams that are tied for third.