Advertisements

Antwan

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't that splitting hairs just a bit?

I don't know. I just saw the end of it. I'll go back and take another look. Yes...there is a big difference between doing a commercial to say "Go Jackets" than doing a commercial that says "Come to our school". Then...they showed their football team on the field. Could you imagine what would be said if TC's principal said "move into our county so you can attend our school"?

Edited by Antwan

I don't know. I just saw the end of it. I'll go back and take another look. Yes...there is a big difference between doing a commercial to say "Go Jackets" than doing a commercial that says "Come to our school". Then...they showed their football team on the field. Could you imagine what would be said if TC's principal said "move into our county so you can attend our school"?

No. Nor can I imagine a private school wording an ad that way.

BTW, BGA has bought time on local Nashville sportstalk to advertise...hasn't seemed to help much.

No. Nor can I imagine a private school wording an ad that way.

BTW, BGA has bought time on local Nashville sportstalk to advertise...hasn't seemed to help much.

They advertised for students to attend their schools. They said they had state championship athletic teams. The recruiting line is very fuzzy.

Actually, VG is right. I watched the Alcoa vs. Goodpasture game on Jackson's JEA network last night, and the ad's for public schools outnumbered those for private schools atleast five to one. USJ had one ad run the entire time. JCS had three, I believe. There was atleast one ad for a public school during EVERY single commercial break. There were seperate ad's for Liberty and Madison, as well as encompassing ad's for all of the Madison Co. magnet schools. North Side also ran some commercials. Also, every single public high school ad mentioned athletics.

Edited by KublahKD