Best of the best

WesVLT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Get out-the-rain Insider...........Melrose's offense was totally one dimensional behind Cooper! 3 points...............Alcoa scored 21 points on maryville and it was NOT against freak'n 3rd team players. Lindsey had over 100 yard on only 7 carries?!

Why only 7 carries, now thats a question? They got out coached for sure.

The place Alcoa does not match Melrose is defensively.

Last I checked, defense is pretty key to the game..

I dont know if Melrose would beat Alcoa, but defensively i think they certainly could slow down the Alcoa offense.. in all fairness to the Melrose defense they were beaten on trick plays.. now i think that maryville was the better team and getting beat on trick plays is just a part of discipline, which melrose lacked.. hats off to maryville, they scouted very well and did what it took to win

By the way Cooper is a heck of a back, and did quite of bit of damage on his own, by that i mean his offensive line did not generate a whole lot of blocking up front, most big plays came from him either running people over or just flat out running by them.. I would put him up against any back in tennessee

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BC I don't know but Maryville may have had a little something to do with that terrible game.

Come to think of it, in our 14 other wins seems like I've heard a lot of those teams say the same thing.

I agree that the on-side kickoff really was a genius play call!

Down 14-0, Got Alcoa out of their game plan.........

But, I still believe the biggest enemy was all the press that got into the teams head.

I think they believed that after the previous years 25-18 game, that all they needed to do was show up. :lol:

I agree that the on-side kickoff really was a genius play call!

Down 14-0, Got Alcoa out of their game plan.........

But, I still believe the biggest enemy was all the press that got into the teams head.

I think they believed that after the previous years 25-18 game, that all they needed to do was show up. :thumb:

LOL............funny responses BC. Alcoa didn't stop Maryville ALL NIGHT. The only series that mattered that Maryville was stoped on was when Tallent fumbled in the first quarter at Alcoa's 20. It would of been 21 to zip at that point. Sorry BC but Maryville could have beat Alcoa as bad as they wanted to. Alcoa did a nice job late in the third and the forth when Maryville was playing subs. Not much of a game and after all the smack Alcoa had talked for 8 months it really wasn't much of a challange.

Alcoa wouldn't have scored on Melrose's speed and would have had difficult time stopping them. Melrose would have dominated the LOS and we all know what happens to Feigler when he is rushed. Melrose was faster than Alcoa.....much faster.

LOL............funny responses BC. Alcoa didn't stop Maryville ALL NIGHT. The only series that mattered that Maryville was stoped on was when Tallent fumbled in the first quarter at Alcoa's 20. It would of been 21 to zip at that point. Sorry BC but Maryville could have beat Alcoa as bad as they wanted to. Alcoa did a nice job late in the third and the forth when Maryville was playing subs. Not much of a game and after all the smack Alcoa had talked for 8 months it really wasn't much of a challange.

Alcoa wouldn't have scored on Melrose's speed and would have had difficult time stopping them. Melrose would have dominated the LOS and we all know what happens to Feigler when he is rushed. Melrose was faster than Alcoa.....much faster.

I agree Maryville is the best team in the state.

But, I don't think they are 20 points better than Alcoa.

BC Sportsfan

Maryville whipped Alcoa like a red headed stepchild. Maryville ran it right down Alcoa's throat. Maryville's offensive line dominated Alcoa's defensive line. Aaron Douglas in his 1st start whipped Ray Sykes and anyone else who was lined up in front of him all night long. Tallent and Baker had over 100 yards rushing a piece. Maples took a slant to the house.

Before you start saying that if Brandon Warren played ask yourself this. What has he ever done against Maryville? He never has caught a touchdown vs Maryville. In the 2004 game he had 1 catch for 7 yards. I also remember him cramping a lot in the 2004 game. Brandon played well on defense in the 2003 game but other than that he was a non factor. 1 player does not make a difference in a 4 touchdowns. The game was 41-14 midway through the 4th quarter.

Maryville is just a better team than Alcoa. Maryville has superior coaching,Superior depth and very underated talent. Gary Tucker is almost as good as Brandon Warren. Ryan Tallent is as almost good as Dustin Lindsey and Tyler Maples is better than any reciver Alcoa has.

BC Sportsfan

Maryville whipped Alcoa like a red headed stepchild. Maryville ran it right down Alcoa's throat. Maryville's offensive line dominated Alcoa's defensive line. Aaron Douglas in his 1st start whipped Ray Sykes and anyone else who was lined up in front of him all night long. Tallent and Baker had over 100 yards rushing a piece. Maples took a slant to the house.

Before you start saying that if Brandon Warren played ask yourself this. What has he ever done against Maryville? He never has caught a touchdown vs Maryville. In the 2004 game he had 1 catch for 7 yards. I also remember him cramping a lot in the 2004 game. Brandon played well on defense in the 2003 game but other than that he was a non factor. 1 player does not make a difference in a 4 touchdowns. The game was 41-14 midway through the 4th quarter.

Maryville is just a better team than Alcoa. Maryville has superior coaching,Superior depth and very underated talent. Gary Tucker is almost as good as Brandon Warren. Ryan Tallent is as almost good as Dustin Lindsey and Tyler Maples is better than any reciver Alcoa has.

Give me break and "read" what I hav been saying!

I am saying Alcoa did not play up to their potental, period.

I do not need a recap of a game early in the season that got out-of-hand. I watched the game.

O.K. Here is another example: Alcoa beat Fulton 48-6. Was Alcoa that much better than Fulton? IMO, No.

Fulton did not play very well in that game. And had key players missing.

Had Alcoa and Fulton played later in the season, not for the first time but again, I feel the game would of been allot closer.

SAME for Alcoa and Maryville. IMO Maryville would NOT beat Alcoa by 20 in a rematch.

Maryville has the best coaches in Tennessee high school football, the other comparisons, I don't agree to..........and the college scouts tend to agree........

You Guys better worry more about keep GQ at Maryville, than whinning about any team staying within 20 points of Maryville..................Without GQ allot of you "HIGH HORSE" riders will be in for a BIG fall............... :unsure:

Give me break and "read" what I hav been saying!

I am saying Alcoa did not play up to their potental, period.

I do not need a recap of a game early in the season that got out-of-hand. I watched the game.

O.K. Here is another example: Alcoa beat Fulton 48-6. Was Alcoa that much better than Fulton? IMO, No.

Fulton did not play very well in that game. And had key players missing.

Had Alcoa and Fulton played later in the season, not for the first time but again, I feel the game would of been allot closer.

SAME for Alcoa and Maryville. IMO Maryville would NOT beat Alcoa by 20 in a rematch.

Maryville has the best coaches in Tennessee high school football, the other comparisons, I don't agree to..........and the college scouts tend to agree........

You Guys better worry more about keep GQ at Maryville, than whinning about any team staying within 20 points of Maryville..................Without GQ allot of you "HIGH HORSE" riders will be in for a BIG fall............... :(

I love the view from my HIGH HORSE .... in case ya forgot .. Maryville beat Alcoa like a rented Mule !! :blink:

How a team plays at the begining of the season to the end can be different.

Look at Livingston Acad. 5 loses and still won the championship. They started to play much better in the play-off's, even beating teams they had lost to earlier.

Yea, IF,IF,IF...But IMO, with a healthy Sykes and Warren, maryville losses................. :(

No here is what you said. Not closer, maryville loses. :blink:

I love the view from my HIGH HORSE .... in case ya forgot .. Maryville beat Alcoa like a rented Mule !! :thumb:

Funny thing is you Guys KNOW Alcoa would play Maryville closer! :o;)

And THAT'S why you all get sooooooooooooooo upset when I keep bring it up! ;)

But truthfully.........I'd hate to see GQ leave Maryville!

I just brought that up to get under your skin.......................sorry.