Best Coach in the State?

In Hoc Signo Vinces

walkingvol,

If my memory serves me correctly you never responded to the questions on the TWF website. You were ask if you were a coach of the team, if you had a child involved in the scandle, who completed the entry forms and several other questions regarding the scandle. To my knowledge you claimed up and never responded to any of the direct questions.

Interesting that you find anonymous posts on a webpage as some compelling authority to which one must respond. If the accused does not, well obviously, he must be guilty of the accusations and probably more. Without doing any research at all I have seen two very clear answers to your silly little questions on this thread, yet you say there is no response. I guess the answers do not fit your agenda. Sounds like a no win deal to me.

Interesting that you find anonymous posts on a webpage as some compelling authority to which one must respond. If the accused does not, well obviously, he must be guilty of the accusations and probably more. Without doing any research at all I have seen two very clear answers to your silly little questions on this thread, yet you say there is no response. I guess the answers do not fit your agenda. Sounds like a no win deal to me.

mtrasslin,

Are you saying that walkingvol is guilty of something because he has not answered the direct questions? What it sounds like to me is when the heat is on you and others try to deflect the heat by slinging manure at your opponent. That's a great political tactic that Bill & Hillary used many times. Did you learn this technique from being in their cabinet?

mtrasslin,

Are you saying that walkingvol is guilty of something because he has not answered the direct questions? What it sounds like to me is when the heat is on you and others try to deflect the heat by slinging manure at your opponent. That's a great political tactic that Bill & Hillary used many times. Did you learn this technique from being in their cabinet?

you totally missed the sarcasm in mtnrasslin's post. Reread.

Edited by RedBoy04

As many parents Walkenvol has done what he feels is best for his children and the accomplishments of his oldest son has proved his method has produced an outstanding young man that is at one of the elite schools in the country.

I don't know about the AAU scandal but Walkenvol holding back his son academically for a year when he transferred to the blue had many raising an eyebrow. It produced an outstanding state champion but very few would hold their child back in the HS years when they had an outstanding academic record in middle school.

Again, it looks like it paid dividends for his son but to other folks it seamed to be a quest to give his son an advantage over others.

Edited by RamRod

mtrasslin,

Oh boy, conservative talk on a TN high school wrestling message board - I'm ever so shocked and dismayed... but ANYway...

So, great coaches in TN - Jeff Jordan and Joe Blair are two that I've been around that really impressed me.

The Tullahoma coach, whose name is escaping me right now, always seemed to pour his heart into it, and really cared about his kids - remember Sweeton? He was one tough cookie.

Of course, judging coaches by the quality of their programs, you would have to include all the perennial powers - but, success of the program is not always the ultimate say on the coach, as there are some outlying factors in the equation.

i believe some of the best coaches in tennessee are coach walt holmes and jose delgado. they not only turned me into a good wrestler, but also i good person. i learned many of lifes lessons through those guys, and they are very helpful with everything. they turn young wrestlers into young men. although the christmas practices are tougher than any i have ever seen, they make a young team look mature. a good group of coaches from memphis tennessee.

mtrasslin,

I think you missed the point- by, oh, about 180 degrees. Oh well.

Well CPG, because your such a great guy your answers are no, no, I don’t know as I sat in the bleachers with Bauke, Holiday, Randolph, and the other parents. I don’t have a dog in that fight between Jose and Tom. My post on the TWF site was only to correct some inaccurate second hand information (which I had witnessed first hand) that was being floated as fact and to offer up some support to Tom who was under attack. That's all the first hand knowledge I had on the topic. While I didn't follow the thread to its end (fond it redundant and boring), the questions I saw presented to me had already been answered in the thread. Last I checked, I don’t owe a response to every anonymous poster to a message board?