Your All-Time AllStar team of each school

KnowALOT

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah Found him..Taurean Moy from Booker T. Washington.

Holds the record for most career 3 pointers of 506 3 pointers...which is 175 more than the 2nd place guy. Holds the record for most attempts/most makes in a season and a game.

He went 24/44 in a game vs. Manassas and scored 83 points in 2000. I figure this guy must be on somebodies list.

Also Danny Boyd from Camden holds the record for most points in a single game FYI... 104 :thumb:

MoBuck that may be true but it makes for good conversation. So here goes.

Knox Central:

Wings Denton Jones, Wille Clark

Point Rodney Myers

Subs

Jim Lotz: Post

Greg Keck: Wing

Mabry: Wing

David Vaught: Post

Point Guard that played a couple of years ago can't remember his name?

Big Cat, you've obviously been around a while...too bad you wern't paying attention......

Denton Jones...could be the best guard to ever come out of Knoxville. He was certainly the best player. Too bad he had the injuries he sustained in college.

Jimmy McGill and David Vaught at post. (neither Dalton would belong, although Gary was pretty good and can still ball 30+years later)

Coach at Carter(can't remember his name but he was a 20 point guy for a couple of years.

Craig Diegle...6'6" point guard was a tough matchup for any team

Devin Hundley or Zach Conner was the guard from a couple of years ago both could fill it up.

As for your other choices, I don't remember Rodney Myers, Greg Keck or Wille Clark so I can't comment.

Jim Lotz wasn't a basketball player he was an oboe player who was 6'8" and didn't even want to play and wasn't very good.

There were three Mabrys at Central, none of which belong on this list.

I had the opportunity to play ball with many of these players over the years and I can honestly say dear old Central High should have a much better basketball history than it has. Maybe one day basketball will be as important as football for the Bobcats.

DeAngelo Spight better than Olajuwon Kemp, No Way! Probably played a little harder, but did not have the intangibles that Kemp had (Length, Athleticism, Shot Blocking Ability). Here's my all-time top 20 Bolivar Central Players not necessarily in order:

1. Ashley Champion (Chattanooga)

2. Cameron "Petie" Crisp(Tenn. Tech)

3. Willie Kemp(Memphis)

4. Brian Lake(MTSU)

5. Wayne Chism(Tennessee)

6. Devon Lake(Southeast Missouri)

7. Joseph Beauregard(N.Colorado J.C.)

8. Ernest Jones(Lane)

9. Kelvin Allen(Memphis)

10.Elvis Mitchell(Union?)

11.Marcus Cheairs(JSCC)

12.Reginald Crisp (Southeast Missouri)

13.Jerry Clifft (Freed Hardeman)

14.Shawn Boyd (Lane)

15.J.R. Williamson (Fisk)

16.James McNeal(JSCC)

17.Stacey Mitchell(Freed Hardeman)

18.Ryan Wiley(David Lipscomb/Freed)

19.Andre Griggs(Freed Hardeman)

20.Shemon Reaves(Dyersburg St/Christian Brothers)

The best out of Bolivar was Joe L. Reaves who went on to play in the NBA, but it was not Bolivar Central at the time.

Harderman county is a factory when it comes to producing basketball players. Whats so bad is that most players from this county continue to play locally in tournaments and YMCA. I've played agianst a lot of them and they are not even on this list, and they're great ball players. What do you guys feed those kids! I was at JSCC when Ashley Champion broke the treadmill, he had a body of a defensive end and just had his will on the court.

BTW Jackson South side can get a little credit for Chism.

Edited by montague1

DeAngelo Spight better than Olajuwon Kemp, No Way! Probably played a little harder, but did not have the intangibles that Kemp had (Length, Athleticism, Shot Blocking Ability). Here's my all-time top 20 Bolivar Central Players not necessarily in order:

1. Ashley Champion (Chattanooga)

2. Cameron "Petie" Crisp(Tenn. Tech)

3. Willie Kemp(Memphis)

4. Brian Lake(MTSU)

5. Wayne Chism(Tennessee)

6. Devon Lake(Southeast Missouri)

7. Joseph Beauregard(N.Colorado J.C.)

8. Ernest Jones(Lane)

9. Kelvin Allen(Memphis)

10.Elvis Mitchell(Union?)

11.Marcus Cheairs(JSCC)

12.Reginald Crisp (Southeast Missouri)

13.Jerry Clifft (Freed Hardeman)

14.Shawn Boyd (Lane)

15.J.R. Williamson (Fisk)

16.James McNeal(JSCC)

17.Stacey Mitchell(Freed Hardeman)

18.Ryan Wiley(David Lipscomb/Freed)

19.Andre Griggs(Freed Hardeman)

20.Shemon Reaves(Dyersburg St/Christian Brothers)

The best out of Bolivar was Joe L. Reaves who went on to play in the NBA, but it was not Bolivar Central at the time.

Mtown,

All Bolivar Basketball conversations begin with "I remember when Jose Crisp did......." Don't forget about Jose Crisp and Kenneth Reaves.

Tron Sain, Rod Griggs, and Rashad Smith should also be talked about.

Unicoi County High School

Starters:

Michael Smith 90's (VIC)

Josh Simmons 90's

Andy Baxter 90's (NC State-Baseball)

Doc Shelton 80's

Dustin Edwards 90's (Carson Newman)

Bench:

John English 90's

Jordan Simmons 90's (Milligan)

Donnie Slagle 80's

Colton White 00's