Region 6-5A

To be completely honest i dont agree with some of the decisions made by the new coaching staff last year at Franklin... a few of the athletes on the team have spoken out several times about how they do not agree with his beliefs as well... For a coach to not have an organized stretch before practices and games is rediculous(just one thing) there were one or two games last year franklin could have and should have one but because of a lack of practice time(Father Ryan week) and a lack of watching film contributes to the factor of losing a game... I am not blaming the coaches for the loss because i truly believe that it was up to the seniors to step up and prove their leadership by getting the team together and better prepare themselves

You kind of make me laugh. At one minute you are critiscizing coaches and blaming them for not practicing and not watching film and for some reason you are worried about this guy's stretching, and the next minute you are blaming the seniors themselves. You have no point other than to critisize. As a coach myself, I root for the coaches that are getting dogged by the fans, because the fans usually don't know crap!!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You kind of make me laugh. At one minute you are critiscizing coaches and blaming them for not practicing and not watching film and for some reason you are worried about this guy's stretching, and the next minute you are blaming the seniors themselves. You have no point other than to critisize. As a coach myself, I root for the coaches that are getting dogged by the fans, because the fans usually don't know crap!!

I know more than you think sir as i came out of this program and witnessed what the coaching staff did previous to the new one stepping in for the loss of Johnson... I am not placing any blame on the seniors but i am saying that they should have stepped up their leadership and done some of the things that were lacking from the coaches... laugh all you want but Franklin became lesser of a program due to some of the decisions last year made by the coach... I know i am not the only one to believe this but i may be the only one to stand up and speak about it... I have all right to critisize as this team had all the talent in the world to win region 6-5a last year and potentially win state but because of decisions made it was unable to happen

I know more than you think sir as i came out of this program and witnessed what the coaching staff did previous to the new one stepping in for the loss of Johnson... I am not placing any blame on the seniors but i am saying that they should have stepped up their leadership and done some of the things that were lacking from the coaches... laugh all you want but Franklin became lesser of a program due to some of the decisions last year made by the coach... I know i am not the only one to believe this but i may be the only one to stand up and speak about it... I have all right to critisize as this team had all the talent in the world to win region 6-5a last year and potentially win state but because of decisions made it was unable to happen

I disagree that Franklin became lesser of a program. Since you came out of the program, before this coach came in and took charge, i am guessing you have gone on to college and have lost some close contact with the football program at Franklin. Yes some things changed, But I believe most of them were good changes. You can not critisize a coach if you have not been around him personally. The disicions of the coaches did not cost franklin the region title. Franklin lost 2 important games by a combined margin of 3 points. In both games the players had chances to make plays and but both these games away, but didnt. It was'nt the coaches that cost the players the game, it was the players not taking advantage of oppertunities.

I believe Franklins coach knows what he is doing. It seems like he has alot of expierence and knowledge of the game. I am excitied to see Franklin play this coming fall and I think Franklins coach is in the process of building and new and even better football program than before.

Be patient, and time will tell if this program is going in the right direction.

I disagree that Franklin became lesser of a program. Since you came out of the program, before this coach came in and took charge, i am guessing you have gone on to college and have lost some close contact with the football program at Franklin. Yes some things changed, But I believe most of them were good changes. You can not critisize a coach if you have not been around him personally. The disicions of the coaches did not cost franklin the region title. Franklin lost 2 important games by a combined margin of 3 points. In both games the players had chances to make plays and but both these games away, but didnt. It was'nt the coaches that cost the players the game, it was the players not taking advantage of oppertunities.

I believe Franklins coach knows what he is doing. It seems like he has alot of expierence and knowledge of the game. I am excitied to see Franklin play this coming fall and I think Franklins coach is in the process of building and new and even better football program than before.

Be patient, and time will tell if this program is going in the right direction.

You are correct that i have gone off to college but in no way have i lost contact with franklins team as i have several close friends who are on the team and was in town watching some of their games this past year... i have been around the coach enough and my opinion is that he is not making the correct decisions to help his team win... One major thing that was lost when johnson left was the discipline of the program.. many of the games we won when i was at franklin was because of the discipline johnson demanded from us... those 2 games u are referring to that this past years team lost to ravenwood could have easily been won if there was more discipline in the program.... just my opinion of the team and the coach

You are correct that i have gone off to college but in no way have i lost contact with franklins team as i have several close friends who are on the team and was in town watching some of their games this past year... i have been around the coach enough and my opinion is that he is not making the correct decisions to help his team win... One major thing that was lost when johnson left was the discipline of the program.. many of the games we won when i was at franklin was because of the discipline johnson demanded from us... those 2 games u are referring to that this past years team lost to ravenwood could have easily been won if there was more discipline in the program.... just my opinion of the team and the coach

I have a new friend to mess with. ftballkicker you need to stick to kicking. As I have told you before, I was at the playoff game last year and I saw the entire game. Did you? I do not like it when people try to belittle coaches on here and question what they do when they have no Idea what is really going on. I guess your so called "discipline" just using your word is what allowed Ravenwood to get an onside kick and then go on to win state.

Your a joke!!

I have a new friend to mess with. ftballkicker you need to stick to kicking. As I have told you before, I was at the playoff game last year and I saw the entire game. Did you? I do not like it when people try to belittle coaches on here and question what they do when they have no Idea what is really going on. I guess your so called "discipline" just using your word is what allowed Ravenwood to get an onside kick and then go on to win state.

Your a joke!!

Alright "friend", i have seen the entire football game actually, several times from several different angles. Unfortunately i was not at the game but because of several friends on the team and ravenwood alumni i was lucky enough to witness franklin blow their chance to continue on in the playoffs. And yes i would say that with more discipline franklin would have been able to hold on to the ball on that onside kick and take a couple knees to win the game. I honestly dont care if u like what i ahve to say about franklins coachings staff or not, its my opinion, and im sure theres several others who feel the same way but wont speak out about it. Get over it

Your a joke!!

It's "You're a joke!!". If you're going to insult him, do it with intelligence.

The FACT is that, for whatever reason, Franklin underachieved last year, by their recent standards.

I don't know why a coach would waste his time tryin to argue with a kid on their opinion on that when he probably knows pretty well about the program over at franklin

He said he was a 'coach', he NEVER said he was a High School Coach.

I 'guess' a pee wee league would qualify. :) Or maybe he got his name AFTER watching the movie with 'foozeball' in it.

He said he was a 'coach', he NEVER said he was a High School Coach.

I 'guess' a pee wee league would qualify. :ph34r: Or maybe he got his name AFTER watching the movie with 'foozeball' in it.

I don't know why you guys are getting on to me? all I did was defend another coach on this website and you guys would think that I said something against the president. The kicker dude was out of line talking trash about a coach on here when he has probably not been to one practice to even defend his statements.

You know I haven't been to one of their practices either and that is why I don't get on here and say bad things about decisions made during a playoff game that either team could have won. I still do not see where his so called discipline problems would have made them get the onside kick and go on to win state. ( I am only quoting kicker dude)

Let's make a deal. You stick to kicking and I'll stick to my team and we won't worry about your Franklin team anymore. I won't have time and I would assume that you won't have time either.