Another #1 ranked team comes to Jackson County

UCSportsFan

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever gets 3rd in the district tourney will be playing the champ in the semi-finals. Does the loser of the 2 vs 3 district tourney game throw the consilation game???

Does anyone see anything wrong with that?

Well 8a would be better off just getting to the championship and throwing the championship that way they would start off with the number 3 seed in RBS and get in the brackett with RBS and Clarkrange but either way it goes in either brackett 8a will have to meet up with either Clarkrange or JC in the region semifinals one way or another... but with the way I see it if everything works out to plan Jackson County and Westmorland plays in the semi's and Clarkrange and RBS plays...So noone is really better off throwing any game...

Well 8a would be better off just getting to the championship and throwing the championship that way they would start off with the number 3 seed in RBS and get in the brackett with RBS and Clarkrange but either way it goes in either brackett 8a will have to meet up with either Clarkrange or JC in the region semifinals one way or another... but with the way I see it if everything works out to plan Jackson County and Westmorland plays in the semi's and Clarkrange and RBS plays...So noone is really better off throwing any game...

So your saying Clarkrange will win the district tournament, with JC comming in 2nd, and RBS 3rd?

I think I may have gotten everyone confused or gotten myself confused or something like that...lol...but what i'm saying is this...in the Semis a team from 8a will have to meet either Jackson County or Clarkrange so what good would it do for a team just to throw the game when they're going to have to meet up with one of those teams no matter what...

I think I may have gotten everyone confused or gotten myself confused or something like that...lol...but what i'm saying is this...in the Semis a team from 8a will have to meet either Jackson County or Clarkrange so what good would it do for a team just to throw the game when they're going to have to meet up with one of those teams no matter what...

I got you confused.

In the district 7A tournament, one of JC, RBS and Clarkrange will be left out of the district finals. The one that dosent make it to the district finals will be on a consilation course with the district champion from district 7A in the Region Semi-Finals, if they win the district tourney consilation game.

Region

District 7A champ vs District 8A 4th

District 7A 3rd vs District 8A 2nd

District 7A 2nd vs District 8A 3rd

District 7A 4th vs District 8A champ

now look at this and plug the teams how you please, the 7A champ has a tougher road than the 2nd place team is what i was getting to. Would it be better to lose the consilation game on purpouse??

Edited by bob77

If RBS or Clarkrange finishes 3rd in the district tournament i would definately throw the championship game as Westmoreland would be a guaranteed victory for either Jackson County or Clarkrange or RBS for that matter. That would mean a "cod lock" as my friend from Westview puts it, to the state tournament. Whoever finishes SECOND in the district 7A tournament will be in Murphreesboro, its a guaranteed LOCK! I for one hope JC finishes second in the district tournament! <_<

I wouldnt call it a lock, but I like my chances alot better playing Westmoreland in the Region semi-finals than I would Clarkrange or RBS.

I dont see Jackson County dodging anyone by the way, I think it will be the other way around. Nobody wants to play JC in the Region.

I've seen Westmoreland play and it would be a LOCK! Nothing against Westmoreland but they just aren't on the same level at this time. Losing the big girl really hurt this team. <_<

You mean things like this actually happen in middle/east Tennessee??????? :D

Just pure speculation, i am sure its not being given any thought what so ever by the powers that be! :thumb:

Edited by devilfanatic

I got you confused.

In the district 7A tournament, one of JC, RBS and Clarkrange will be left out of the district finals. The one that dosent make it to the district finals will be on a consilation course with the district champion from district 7A in the Region Semi-Finals, if they win the district tourney consilation game.

Region

District 7A champ vs District 8A 4th

District 7A 3rd vs District 8A 2nd

District 7A 2nd vs District 8A 3rd

District 7A 4th vs District 8A champ

now look at this and plug the teams how you please, the 7A champ has a tougher road than the 2nd place team is what i was getting to. Would it be better to lose the consilation game on purpouse??

I for one, wouldnt care to see RBS finish 2nd in the district tourney!!!