Why do they even bother with the AP poll?

tomcatfan

Why do they even bother having a poll in high school sports. Not all areas have a vote for the rankings. There is also no way that anyone can see all of the teams in this big long state play. To me its just a waste of time because it is not representative of the games that are being played. I say this even though my team is ranked number three in the state. I do know they are a good team, but when teams like Mitchell and Raleigh Egypt are not in the polls we know something is wrong.

For the love of God...it has been said...They screwed up with Raleigh Egypt and didn't move them up to AAA so people couldn't vote for them. Mitchell hurt themselves by losing games to out of state teams...even when it was against best competition in the nation. What our East TN writers supposed to think when they see that Mitchell lost to Fairley and then lost to all these out of state teams. They don't have time to do research on every single team. I'm sure they look at their records and that may be about it. It was a glitch for them not to put RE but give it a rest, or just read the actual thread on it instead of complaining more.

For the love of God...it has been said...They screwed up with Raleigh Egypt and didn't move them up to AAA so people couldn't vote for them. Mitchell hurt themselves by losing games to out of state teams...even when it was against best competition in the nation. What our East TN writers supposed to think when they see that Mitchell lost to Fairley and then lost to all these out of state teams. They don't have time to do research on every single team. I'm sure they look at their records and that may be about it. It was a glitch for them not to put RE but give it a rest, or just read the actual thread on it instead of complaining more.

Yeah....or maybe.... they should just poll the ten WORST teams in the state. I'm sure that would get some good discussion. <_<

well here is the <_< thing is that writers or people that vote are to lazy to look on the tssaa website to check reclassification

Guest dare_2_dream

Yeah....or maybe.... they should just poll the ten WORST teams in the state. I'm sure that would get some good discussion. <_<

i like that idea ... would be very enteraining to see, to say the least ...

Chill out man. It was just a question. You act like you vote or something.

Harris Hoo......

Mitchell only lost to one out of state team, DeMatha one of the nation's best programs. We have also defeated ant. ranked teams Vashon-St Louis, Lafeytte- La, and King-Milwa. We lost to Hamilton by9 without Thad, and to Fairley & Kirby with Thad playing 1 half. So please do not try to defend this stupid process. Where Carver is ranked 9th and lost to Hillcrest by 8 and we beat Hillcrest 102-49. If the voters are too lazy to research than do not vote.

The process isn't stupid, it's still getting the kinks worked out.

I think CoachT would be wise to put a moratorium on all AP Poll topics until AP gets the poll bugs worked out...some folks are just so bull-headed and DON'T read other threads to see the explanation.

I got a solution for you...try SEARCH...and find the topic instead of making a new thread everytime. And for Pete's Sake, will you folks please cut the AP some slack on this. It happened in football and they finally got it right...it'll be right in hoops soon enough.

:justwrestle: