Nobody can beat Courtney Coffey from jp2 in state

Pope#4

hey wrestler813 you want to put a friendly wager on that? If you have the guts to come on here and make that statement you have the guts to put a wager down for the state.I have watched wrestling more than enough to know that for the past few years altogether Courtney has never wrestled the competition that these guys in D1 have. Have you even saw Letner wrestle this year. At the toughest tournament in the state of TN McCallie and yes a few would say otherwise but how many other tournaments have 3 of the top ranked schools from this and other states. Than goes down to Florida and dominates a very good group of wrestlers again. Also there are two others that ARE VERY GOOD wrestlers also in Reveiz and Morgan another defending state champion. I think any of those three if not all three have a very good chance to beat him. Courtney will not have the pleasure of being able to sleep walk into the state finals or win it like he has the past two years. So if you would like just let me know and I can get someone to hold the green for us if you want.

I watched Courtney wrestle for the last 2 years and he is just amazing, he wrestled for Pope John Paul and that is in Sumner County where the best wrestlers in the state are. Just let me know wher you would like to meet

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw Letner wrestle at G.P. West...... he was pretty good...... but don't think he can beat Coffee. Sorry guys but Coffee doesn't need any hard opponents to win... he's gonna win anyway.

Remember, Coffee did go to Oveida FL for last years tournament and took best wrestler...... A guy would have to be a man-beast to beat him.... and there ain't anybody in TN at 215 that is. I'm sure Letner is worried and he should be.

I have not watched Coffee in a close match. Tactics have got to come into

play. There are ways to beat stronger wrestlers. Say for example that

Jeff J. from Clarksville had a top 215. I know Jeff would have a plan to

beat Coffee. Coffee can be beaten. I just don't know if it will happen.

"Remember, Coffee did go to Oveida FL for last years tournament and took best wrestler...... A guy would have to be a man-beast to beat him.... and there ain't anybody in TN at 215 that is. I'm sure Letner is worried and he should be."

TNKO don't know what tourney your talking about that he went to but it was not the Zac Jarzynka Memorial tourney in Oviedo. They were signed up better never went. Now McCallie went to it the last two years but PJP2 never did. I went back to look at the last two years worth of results and don't see him anywhere in there. So I don't see where he went to wrestle the best or even the better competition. As Rigger said he will be tested this year sorry but until the finals he has never had a match and that is with a tops of maybe 12 guys in his class. This year he steps up to the 32 man bracket, so before you crown him the champ this year you need to make sure he doesn't make you look like a chump. I have watched him wrestle the past few years and he does not know how to wrestle he overtakes them with strength and to see how strong, Letner, Reviez and Morgan are they all have more wrestling technique than Coffee has. A wrestler can always beat a non-wrestler if he uses his head. Really wished he would have been at GP, McCallie, or even the Soddy tourney this weekend.

Good luck to them all and can't wait to see the clash of Titans at McKenzie. Just make sure Coffee gets down here and remembers the extra day he is supposed to wrestle.

"Remember, Coffee did go to Oveida FL for last years tournament and took best wrestler...... A guy would have to be a man-beast to beat him.... and there ain't anybody in TN at 215 that is. I'm sure Letner is worried and he should be."

TNKO don't know what tourney your talking about that he went to but it was not the Zac Jarzynka Memorial tourney in Oviedo. They were signed up better never went. Now McCallie went to it the last two years but PJP2 never did. I went back to look at the last two years worth of results and don't see him anywhere in there. So I don't see where he went to wrestle the best or even the better competition. As Rigger said he will be tested this year sorry but until the finals he has never had a match and that is with a tops of maybe 12 guys in his class. This year he steps up to the 32 man bracket, so before you crown him the champ this year you need to make sure he doesn't make you look like a chump. I have watched him wrestle the past few years and he does not know how to wrestle he overtakes them with strength and to see how strong, Letner, Reviez and Morgan are they all have more wrestling technique than Coffee has. A wrestler can always beat a non-wrestler if he uses his head. Really wished he would have been at GP, McCallie, or even the Soddy tourney this weekend.

Good luck to them all and can't wait to see the clash of Titans at McKenzie. Just make sure Coffee gets down here and remembers the extra day he is supposed to wrestle.

Cobra, I agree with your assessment of the 215lb class... Would you post the results of Soddy's tournament, and report the 215lb class 1st thru 4th. (Semi Final.. Reveiz and Birman.. good match up.)

THANKS

Edited by slowstart

Saw Letner wrestle at G.P. West...... he was pretty good...... but don't think he can beat Coffee. Sorry guys but Coffee doesn't need any hard opponents to win... he's gonna win anyway.

Remember, Coffee did go to Oveida FL for last years tournament and took best wrestler...... A guy would have to be a man-beast to beat him.... and there ain't anybody in TN at 215 that is. I'm sure Letner is worried and he should be.

Coffee is fun to watch and is IMHO-much more exciting to watch than Lettner!

However, in Lettners defense. It's like talking about Jay Barker when he played for the Tide. He wasn't pretty to watch and can't do anything except win.

It going to be some big boys giving it their best.

Good Luck to these young men in their up coming battles.

Edited by rigger101

slowstart I would love to but not sure I am going to be able to make it to Soddy tom. Putting the race car back together so working on motors will be most if not all my day. Plus for some reason I have not been able to get my 5 year old to sit for a few hours to watch a tournament, guess he's not going to be my little wrestler. But as they used to say in Pro wrestling, "this is going to be a real sloberknocker." Can't wait till state.

I watched Courtney wrestle for the last 2 years and he is just amazing, he wrestled for Pope John Paul and that is in Sumner County where the best wrestlers in the state are. Just let me know wher you would like to meet

you are crazy or plan ignorant about wrestling in TN if you think the best wrestlers in the state are from sumner county

Coffee is fun to watch and is IMHO-much more exciting to watch than Lettner!

If you think Lettner is boring to watch, then you are as dumb as you look. And that is pretty dumb. You need to quit fantasizing about Coffe and move on, I don't think he is going to give you any man-love.

1. I never said Matt was boring. U said that I said that! :lol:

2. Have you watched Courtney Coffee?

ddb-76 "I don't think he is going to give you any man-love"

R U saying U R getting Man love. Sorry to hear that. :huh:

I knew U had Signal, Lookout and Sand Mtn over there but didn't know you wer living the dream of Brokeback Mtn :thumb:

U go boy! Rosie O has a place for U!

That Brandon Wright os one bad dude!!! He went to national duals where the big boys play instead of po-dunk nationals. He trains like a beast. big win! congrats.

So does this mean U have a Crush on Wright?

Edited by rigger101

1. I never said Matt was boring. U said that I said that! :lol:

2. Have you watched Courtney Coffee?

R U saying U R getting Man love. Sorry to hear that. :huh:

I knew U had Signal, Lookout and Sand Mtn over there but didn't know you wer living the dream of Brokeback Mtn :thumb:

U go boy! Rosie O has a place for U!

that is not very nice, coacht is watching you.

Cobra, I am not sure what you read but we(JPII) did go to the Zac Jarzynka Memorial tourney last year and Courtney did dominate his comp. We also went to the S. Oldham tourney in Ky the past to seasons. That is where Courtney suffered his only 2 losses the past 2 years. He lost in the finals to S. Oldhams Taylor Sherrer(sp), a 3 time Ky State Champ. Both matches were battles and Courtney was robbed the first time, his soph. yr. Last year, it was a battle but the Ky kid was ready and in great shape. He outlasted Coffee 7-3. I am offering this because Letner reminds me of the Ky wrestler, they even look and wrestle alike. This is where it gets interesting, when Coffee was at JPII, we made sure that he was battle tested before the state championships. This is not a knock on Cent., their schedule was made out before they had Courtney. However, he has not been tested like the other elite 215's have been tested and this could be a problem for him. All the other 215's know what it is to go 6 mins. Courtney has not been 6 mins since the finals last year. IMHO, Courtney's strength is unmatched, conditioning is the key. One thing working in Courtney's favor is that he will be the #1 seed and not have to face both Letner and Morgan. Throw Birman and Reviez into the mix and it will be a tough field to go through. I can hardly wait to see all of the great match-ups, at every weight class. Man, I love this sport.