Best Bands

CloudlandLander2009

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

The BEST Band Anywhere around had to be the Ravenwood Marching Band this past Friday night at the Ravenwood vs Antioch football game. The band started playing in the first quarter of the game and I don't think they stopped playing until the final whistle blew. They played every fight song you ever heard of and some of them twice or three times. They have never sounded as good as they did Friday night. I know the Ravenwood football team, the coaches, the student fans, the parent fans, and even the fan fans enjoyed the lift that the band gave to the spirit of the night. Thanks Ravenwood Marching Band give it all you got again this week when Ravenwood plays Hunters Lane. :lol:

Ok, all I've heard about on this forum is BIG bands that are good. Let talk about smaller 80 members or less that are good. The best in the state, in my opinion is Seymour High School band. They are always amazing. I'm in Smith County High School's band. I'm the lead trumpet player and I think we are as tight as it gets for a small band also. Toss up between us and Seymour. We are usually back in forth when we compete against each other.

And Walker Valley...we beat them at the Foothills Classic back in October by 7 points. We were the highest scoring band of the day. We can hang with any band as long as you give us a chance.

Tullahoma has been to Contest of Champions. I was a member of the Band of Blue at a time to still remember T-Town's giant walking skeletons in one year and oversized ape the next year. Tullahoma threw in alot of glitz to try to win that competition, but they never made it to the Finals. Perhaps the biggest surprise I can remember in COC is Boone County, KY of the medium division's upset over Nashville-McGavock in '99. That was pretty good.

I thought it was Harrison County, KY who upset McGavock that year.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...