AAA Final 8

Chizaggi

Mandatory, no... but how can you refuse? We train down in Florida for a week. This year we are going to the Cocoa Expo soccer center. The previous years we went and trained at UCF in Orlando. We also take a day off and go play beach soccer at Cocoa Beach, and usually make it to Universal Studios or MGM. It sounds pricey, but we have always kept the costs under $400 per player. The players do have to pay for themselves, but we do fundraisers some years. Oak Ridge soccer is going down and training there, too. You should have your coach look into it. www.cocoaexpo.com "soccer spring training". We train ourselves, and don't use their trainers, because I think the TSSAA frowns on that. It is a blast, and really gets your team unity together.

Honestly, that sounds way better than most vacations, so I really can't think of any soccer player who can afford to miss that. Personally, I will give up anything to play beach soccer considering I havn't done that since moving to the USA.

Edited by Chizaggi

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ur first Post on this site was BS, lets hope we do better on the second one :ph34r:

I think u must have misunderstood me. Did I say anything bad about SH? I said they MAY not make it to sub-state. I didnt say they wouldn't. Read the post again. Sorry if u took it like i was being disrespectfull to your team. As far as my 1st post being "__" do you think 162 mostly senseless posts in 5 weeks would make someone an EXPERT?

Edited by unlimited

Nope, the brothers are gone. South will struggle this year without them.

I watched Sullivan So. play a good physical game against Farragut the other night and came up just short. Do not count them out this early. They have talent, some speed and a quick counter.

It is still early, but from what I say the other night they have the talent to be there at the end.

I watched Sullivan So. play a good physical game against Farragut the other night and came up just short. Do not count them out this early. They have talent, some speed and a quick counter.

It is still early, but from what I say the other night they have the talent to be there at the end.

Sullivan South beat Greeneville 4-2 last night in a fast and physical game which saw 2 red and at lest 6-7 yellows cards on both sides. The refs were giving cards for breathing hard. Honestly, it wasn't a badly played game. Every time a player asked a question on a call, the ref carded him. South looked good.

Sullivan will be fine. Farragut is always good.

Guest Number8

Sullivan will be fine. Farragut is always good.

from what i m seeing, the only team we gonna REALLY becareful with in our area is sullivan south. The death of sullivan south coach helps motivating them thru out the game. it looks like greenville got a lil weaker than last year.

Edited by Number8

from what i m seeing, the only team we gonna REALLY becareful with in our area is sullivan south. The death of sullivan south coach helps motivating them thru out the game. it looks like greenville got a lil weaker than last year.

Number8, I really think it's too early to say that. There are several quality teams in Region 1. Sullivan South actually looked better last night than they did in the 2 games I watched last year with the famous twins from Europe but Greeneville still has not practiced or played with it's entire starting lineup (including last night). Once they get together and on track they will be right up there. The MW/DB tie dosen't surprise me since MW has a great defense but not much up front to score. I think Region 1 is still up in the air with SH, SS, MW, DB and GV all contenders. The season is young and I learned that last year when GV went 14-2-1 for the year and yet didn't make it to sub-state losing to a team that lost games early in the season but stayed healthy and came on strong in the end. I really hope whoever wins the Region we go on "through" Knoxville and onto States. I'm routing for my team, then my district and then my region in that order. Good luck.

Edited by soccer67

Guest Number8

Number8, I really think it's too early to say that. There are several quality teams in Region 1. Sullivan South actually looked better last night than they did in the 2 games I watched last year with the famous twins from Europe but Greeneville still has not practiced or played with it's entire starting lineup (including last night). Once they get together and on track they will be right up there. The MW/DB tie dosen't surprise me since MW has a great defense but not much up front to score. I think Region 1 is still up in the air with SH, SS, MW, DB and GV all contenders. The season is young and I learned that last year when GV went 14-2-1 for the year and yet didn't make it to sub-state losing to teams that lost games early in the season but stayed healthy or came on strong in the end. I really hope whoever wins the Region we go on "through" Knoxville and onto States. I'm routing for my team then my district and then my region in that order. Good luck.

it is a lil early to say anything right now, but from what i heard about farragut and SS game, and this game, sullivan got my personal attantion. I have met the SS coach, and i m 100% sure that the SS players go home sore and tired everyday. and actually from the article (that i posted the link to)- MW looked to be the more offencive team.

But one thing about ur game. Do ur players dribble sometimes or fast passing to the front? And what team got the 2 red cards???

Edited by Number8

The boys from Morristown West were more offensive minded than the past few years from what i've heard talking to their coach. In their game against DB, they outshot DB 18-6 and hit 5 balls off the post. If some of the shots they had bounced the other way the game could have gotten very ugly, very fast. They will have another test tomorrow playing Tennessee High at the Castle.

• 2 months later...

I am no longer in the reporting capacity but plan to stay up with things as last year, so let me start right off with agreeing with Lion101/ Farragut will still be in the mix. LC, I know you and you have been a force in Tenn soccer a long time but your dead wrong on this one, but it may be you are listening to Farragut's only alum on Queens team, so think again about whom is speaking. I expect Farragut to make a run for the whole thing.

I also expect Turner to have Bearden as a real contender and love watching Farragut's and Bearden's coaches try to outwit each other as a chess match(pun for you LC) Both will be Tough to beat.

gameball got it right

Edited by mjuhb