Mr. Basketball Nominations

oldhops1

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats to seth skogen. of course the grace people don't like it that their guy wasnt nominated, but im sure there are fans from tons of teams that felt they shouldve had a player nominated. of course grace fans have the OPINION that their guy shouldve been nominated over seth, but everyone has opinions. the FACT is the media experts that do this EVERY year felt like seth was deserving. for the biased fan to say that he KNOWS for a fact a player on his team is better than a player on another team is just silly because number 1 he is biased, and number 2, he is not an expert. i cant say that i KNOW seth skogen is better than davis eldridge b/c i realize that im biased and im not an expert. what i do know is this: both are GREAT players, (and i think u should throw van horn in too). so all THREE are GREAT players. all THREE would have been/ are deserving of any awards/nominations they get. lets not take anything away from any of these great players awards/nominations/accomplishments by over emphasizing our own individual OPINIONS. so congratulations to seth on the nomination, and congratulations to davis eldridge on the district regular season mvp award. both players are truly deserving of these great honors.

davis is a much better shooter than seth, but seth is a much better player than davis

Does the Skogan line just go on and on? I keep reading about the Skogans and their basketball accomplishments. Where does Jacob play now? Is there a female Skogan that we can look for anywhere in the near future? Wonder why Plavich from Baylor was not a finalist. Saw him play one time and he scored about 30 points. Looked like the best in the Chattanooga area to me. Congratulations to Barry Stewart. You are a great kid and I love to watch you play. Smooth as silk on the court!

Seth is a good player but should not have gotten the nomination. If anyone from Chattanooga should have gotten it should have been Davis Eldridge. Seth didnt even get district player of the year, Davis did. Seth didnt get region player of the year, Davis did. Hmm . . . I am very suprised but I guess the name helps... alot

Just curious as to how a player gets nominated for player of the year in Class A and he isn't even his district MVP? Something a little fishy with the balloting it looks like to me. Not that they all aren't deserving in their own right but if you're not the best player in your own district how can you even be considered for the best in the state?<_<

congrats to seth skogen. of course the grace people don't like it that their guy wasnt nominated, but im sure there are fans from tons of teams that felt they shouldve had a player nominated. of course grace fans have the OPINION that their guy shouldve been nominated over seth, but everyone has opinions. the FACT is the media experts that do this EVERY year felt like seth was deserving. for the biased fan to say that he KNOWS for a fact a player on his team is better than a player on another team is just silly because number 1 he is biased, and number 2, he is not an expert. i cant say that i KNOW seth skogen is better than davis eldridge b/c i realize that im biased and im not an expert. what i do know is this: both are GREAT players, (and i think u should throw van horn in too). so all THREE are GREAT players. all THREE would have been/ are deserving of any awards/nominations they get. lets not take anything away from any of these great players awards/nominations/accomplishments by over emphasizing our own individual OPINIONS. so congratulations to seth on the nomination, and congratulations to davis eldridge on the district regular season mvp award. both players are truly deserving of these great honors.

You are going way out on a limb calling the media "experts". After all the so called media "experts" from the AP poll had Gleason girls as the #1 team in the state in Class A and they couldn't even get out of the first round of the region so if i was you i would be careful with the "expert" comment <_<

You are going way out on a limb calling the media "experts". After all the so called media "experts" from the AP poll had Gleason girls as the #1 team in the state in Class A and they couldn't even get out of the first round of the region so if i was you i would be careful with the "expert" comment :thumb:

you just hate temple.If it were anyone else you wouldn't be making this comment.