Bolivar at lipscomb

pain train

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm taking Bolivar in this one by about 25+. That is unless DL does a great job holding the ball. Lipscomb is down this year compared to the last few years, and so is MLK, so beating them isn't as great a feat as some might think. Nothing against either of these teams, they just don't seem to me to be as good this year as they have been, especially last year.

Plus, I was really looking forward to watching this game in the high school gym atmosphere, especially since I've only seen Bolivar play in college gyms before. And that does take away some of the advantage DL had by playing at home, but the college gym is about 1 minute walking distance away from the high school gym so I would expect every DL person that was going to go to the game to still be there. The one plus I see in it for DL is having it at the college arena might attract more of the Lipscomb University students to show up so there will probably be more DL fans there than there would have been at the high school gym.

I understand that Allen Arena isn't "homecourt", but David Lipscomb and Lipscomb University are on the same campus. Also, the extra room allows the students at Lipscomb University to attend. And being a former student there, it's about 30% former David Lipscomb students, which increases the number of DL fans there. So I just can't understand how it won't still be homecourt.

I have been to a few Boliver away games and they do have a great following, but I still think that DL will have more fans there.

Boliver is a great team with a good duo in Kemp/Chism, and knowing what DL is bringing to the court, I don't think that they have the players to beat Boliver. I think Boliver wins by 10+, but it won't be as high scoring due to DL slow-down style of play.

I'm taking Bolivar in this one by about 25+. That is unless DL does a great job holding the ball. Lipscomb is down this year compared to the last few years, and so is MLK, so beating them isn't as great a feat as some might think. Nothing against either of these teams, they just don't seem to me to be as good this year as they have been, especially last year.

Plus, I was really looking forward to watching this game in the high school gym atmosphere, especially since I've only seen Bolivar play in college gyms before. And that does take away some of the advantage DL had by playing at home, but the college gym is about 1 minute walking distance away from the high school gym so I would expect every DL person that was going to go to the game to still be there. The one plus I see in it for DL is having it at the college arena might attract more of the Lipscomb University students to show up so there will probably be more DL fans there than there would have been at the high school gym.

Having seen most of their games, I can't agree that DL is down this year. They have played a much tougher schedule in a very competitive district. Most of their losses have been by 1 or 2 points to quality teams like Clarksville, Hendersonville, Goodpasture, GW Carver, etc. I would say that any team that loses all five starters, and comes back and wins their region and 21 games is not down.

Lipscomb came out hot in the first quarter and went up 10-4 before Bolivar called a timeout. By the end of the first it was 11-10 DL. Bolivar played with very little hustle at first almost as if they thought it wasn't gonna take much to win. Once they realized DL had come to play, they picked up the intensity and defense and started taking better shots. Kemp stole a pass with about 3 seconds left in the half and pased it off for a layup to go up 27-26 at half. The third was pretty even too, and I was already very suprised to see DL hang with them this long (pain train...I was one of those people that predicted Bolivar by 25+ so I agologize) and Bolivar hit a last second jump shot to tie the game at 37 going into the fourth. Bolivar held a 3-5 point lead throughout the fourth quarter with Chism hitting most of his foul shots at the end to seal the Bolivar win 54-47. Personally, I think DL played and awesome game and shot very well and made good decisions while Bolivar didn't play to their full potential and only in the fourth did they finally pick it up. Chism didn't do much either until the fourth quarter where he got two hard dunks that gave Bolivar some momentum that I think definitely helped them pull out the win.