Region Winner doesn't get Home court for Substate!

Vanman011

For the person that said..."build a bigger gym" what are u talking about

FRAs gym is small and been there since the school was built

The FRA squad wanted to play the game at a place in which they have plaed before and are comfortable with. Thats y they chose DCA bc they were always in FRAs district in singleA.

I think this rule is bull crap and now we have to go to a foreign gym to play a home section game. we won the region its out right to play where the heck we want.

Are FRA kids worth 1.8 more, or 1.8 better than other kids?

I hear FRA has 278 (+/-) kids in the high school, why would you need a gym that seats 1250?

If you win the region, you should be able to chose to play outside if the court meets the requirments.

Just this old man's thoughts.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure it's not fair, but I don't remember hearing FRA pitching a fit about this issue when they were on the other end of this scenario. In two recent years, FRA had to travel for substate to Moore County. Moore County's gym isn't large enough for TSSAA standards either, so they had to play on a neutral floor, once at Motlow College and once at Eagleville. FRA was happy to get out of Moore County's tough gym and, in the case of the Eagleville gym, much closer to home for them.

Don't cry only when it hurts you. It's not just 'unfair' when it has a bearing on your team. I do agree with you, though. I've never been to a game at FRA when the gym was that full. Let them host it.

Sure it's not fair, but I don't remember hearing FRA pitching a fit about this issue when they were on the other end of this scenario. In two recent years, FRA had to travel for substate to Moore County. Moore County's gym isn't large enough for TSSAA standards either, so they had to play on a neutral floor, once at Motlow College and once at Eagleville. FRA was happy to get out of Moore County's tough gym and, in the case of the Eagleville gym, much closer to home for them.

Don't cry only when it hurts you. It's not just 'unfair' when it has a bearing on your team. I do agree with you, though. I've never been to a game at FRA when the gym was that full. Let them host it.

when in the last two years has FRA ever played moore county for section.

where did u get that information from???

Hello all you former 1A schools who got shoved by Big Brother TSSAA via the 1.8 rule into AA--there are some more consequences awaiting you.

Suppose you are a small school and fight and claw your way against great odds and everyone's predictions and win a Regional AA Title. You are estatic---you've won and are headed home for a shot at going to the 'Boro. Wrong! Your GYM IS A FEW SEATS SHORT ON CAPACITY! Quess what, you don't get your game at home---like the other Regional Winners---you have to play at another site -a neutral site in effect. Just another big slap at the Privates. FRA's gym is not small---even if McNairy brings a boatload of people the gym won't be at capacity. There should have been some allowance for this when they insigated the 1.8 Rule. The gym was built for an A size school. I see the capacity requirement if 2 true size AA schools are playing but they aren't. The facts are these-- FRA earned the right to play at home---their gym is plenty big enough. It's just not fair to the kids. If anyone wants to come to the game it's now at DCA only about a 20-30 minute drive from FRA.

Yes...you deserve to play at your place, but at the same time, DCA is far from a neutral site. It's only a 20-30 minute drive. McNairy has to come about 2 and a half hours. So settle down, you still should have a home court advantage. But at the same time, we are bringing a crowd so be ready to make some noise.

Every school mentioned in this thread voted on this issue. The schools, therefore, set this rule because that is what the schools wanted. Yes, your school voted on this issue and wil have the opportunity to bring it back up and vote on it again at the next TSSAA Board of Control meeting, if they so choose. As long as this rule is in place the TSSAA will be required by its member schools, YOUR schools, to enforce it. Remember, though, that if the rule is changed then your school may be taking 500 fans next year to a gym that only holds 500 and will fill up before you arrive.