Knox Catholic Going to State

KCHSCoach

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All year long everyone has been critical of Knoxville Catholic. A 25-6 season and a third straight trip to the state tournament and they still will get no respect in their own home town. Keep winning boys, while Knoxville won't give you any love there are towns and other places who respect what you guys have been doing. Some "move up" in classification.

All year long everyone has been critical of Knoxville Catholic. A 25-6 season and a third straight trip to the state tournament and they still will get no respect in their own home town. Keep winning boys, while Knoxville won't give you any love there are towns and other places who respect what you guys have been doing. Some "move up" in classification.

I gotta say that I still think that Catholic is not as good as people say, but they seem to be able to get whatever they need late in the games, mostly because of Parton and Brown is the guy who makes sure they don't get blown out it seems. I don't think they can play with the other teams at state, but good luck to them anyway.

I gotta say that I still think that Catholic is not as good as people say, but they seem to be able to get whatever they need late in the games, mostly because of Parton and Brown is the guy who makes sure they don't get blown out it seems. I don't think they can play with the other teams at state, but good luck to them anyway.

"All they (Parton and Brown) do is make sure that their team don't get blown out". If I'm not mistaken that's what your team leaders are suppose to do. Make sure your team doesn't get blown out and make plays late to win the game. 25-6 sounds like a pretty good team to me.

Catholic has done nothing but beat teams this year. No, they aren't pretty...but they are effective. They play lights out defense, they have two legit stars, and about five others that know exactly their roles on the team. One of them knows how to break my heart with a banked three at the buzzer. Yes, that may have been luck, but they are prepared for comebacks and late-game heroics. They don't get flustered...believe me, we saw it first-hand four different times. We would have given anything to beat those guys, but we did not. They beat us, and they are respected by this coach. We'll see Catholic again next season...but until then, I hope they win a State Championship. They probably will not, but I'd NEVER...EVER count them out!

Catholic has done nothing but beat teams this year. No, they aren't pretty...but they are effective. They play lights out defense, they have two legit stars, and about five others that know exactly their roles on the team. One of them knows how to break my heart with a banked three at the buzzer. Yes, that may have been luck, but they are prepared for comebacks and late-game heroics. They don't get flustered...believe me, we saw it first-hand four different times. We would have given anything to beat those guys, but we did not. They beat us, and they are respected by this coach. We'll see Catholic again next season...but until then, I hope they win a State Championship. They probably will not, but I'd NEVER...EVER count them out!

Thank you for your kind words, I'm sure Coach Hutchens, his team and his staff appreciate what you said. Loudon matched up well with KCHS this season and I'm sure you guys will have some classic battles next season.

Congratulations to Catholic...I look for yall to dismantle Goodpasture in the first round...

It only took me three months to get you convinced. I was beginning to think that your intelligence level was even with the Polk County folks you're always ribbing LOL. We've built a pretty good record full of ugly wins. We may not be the best looking date at the dance but we made it when a lot of people doubted us. At least we've finally got you seeing the light!

I'd love a first round win but it sure gets tough quick after that! Good luck to you guys. I wouldn't mind seeing a couple of Zags battling it out on Saturday for the gold ball BUT that's a tall order.

It only took me three months to get you convinced. I was beginning to think that your intelligence level was even with the Polk County folks you're always ribbing LOL. We've built a pretty good record full of ugly wins. We may not be the best looking date at the dance but we made it when a lot of people doubted us. At least we've finally got you seeing the light!

I'd love a first round win but it sure gets tough quick after that! Good luck to you guys. I wouldn't mind seeing a couple of Zags battling it out on Saturday for the gold ball BUT that's a tall order.

LOL, well, I was one of yalls biggest critics there for a while, but yall have won me over...haha those Polk County folk...but anywayz, I hear yall are good at defense and that is what yall are best at...not bad on offense either from what I hear...

After Goodpasture, it gets nasty for yall, I hate to say, cuz yall gotta play Bolivar Central or Mitchell...however, I think if yall slow the tempo down and frustrate them, yall have a shot...I'm getting ahead of myself though...I hope Knox Catholic and McMinn Central can take care of business in their brackets so we can have an all East Tennessee Championship...BEST OF LUCK TO THE IRISH!!!

First, good luck to Catholic at the state tourney. I root for all local teams.

However, I will say it like I have said it before. Catholic is not the best team on the floor every night. They have have 1 stud who can shoot the fool out of it "IrishBBall's Son", 1 bruiser and 4 - 5 role players that play they role very well. They also have a very good coach that executes a game plan and takes the air out of the ball. They have a chance in any game they play b/c of their execution.

Again, good luck Catholic and I dont care if it takes a string of games in the 30s as long as the W lights up in Catholics side.

Edited by dewayne robinson

First, good luck to Catholic at the state tourney. I root for all local teams.

However, I will say it like I have said it before. Catholic is not the best team on the floor every night. They have have 1 stud who can shoot the fool out of it "IrishBBall's Son", 1 bruiser and 4 - 5 role players that play they role very well. They also have a very good coach that executes a game plan and takes the air out of the ball. They have a chance in any game they play b/c of their execution.

Again, good luck Catholic and I dont care if it takes a string of games in the 30s as long as the W lights up in Catholics side.

The word you may be searching for is talented team. Due to the fact that the players know and accept their roles on this team, that indeed makes them a really good team. They remind me of some of Bobby Knight's old Indiana teams. Some of Booby Knights teams from the 80's were not the most talented squads, but the won or competed becasue they knew their roles. They won with hard nose defense, controlled the tempo and they executed on offense. 25-6 is hard to argue with considering the players they lost from last year's state tournament team. They've beat more talented teams because the players accept and flourish in their roles. Good luck at the state tournament Irish.

Edited by ScottA11