District 11AA

okiedoke

Well, it will be a good game. It should be anyways, as far as pitching who knows ... Waverly's lefty is a Good closer. I just hope there is none of this "no class" crap. I have no idea if it true or what the deal is, I'm just tired of hearing about it. So I guess we'll tomarrow.

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been reading all the postings about fans and their class or classless acts and have come to the conclusion that our district fans at times can't help but show the redneck side of competition but with that said it can be entertaining if you just sit back and laugh at the remarks and know that many of these players on opposing teams play together in travel ball and are good friends off the field. The parents need to realize that the competition is on the field and the immature statements about players that are hollered out to distract or irritate a player in many cases just fires him up to perform.

Anyway....tomorrow's game between Creekwood and Waverly should be exciting. These two teams are battleing out for the driver's seat in this district. They are both 4 and 0 in district play. It should be without conflict of fans if based on years past. Good luck to both teams. Good weather should top off the game for a fun day at the ballpark!

One question for the coach at Creekwood. In years past, Ive noticed how the pretty ladies play the loud distracting music between innings while the visiting pitcher is warming up or when a new pitcher is brought in to relieve and no music usually or not the same kind of music is played when the Creekwood pitchers are warming up....is this a strategy to break concentration or just a coincidence that I've noticed at different games? Whatever gives you the edge I guess.

Lets play ball!

Edited by The Heat

I agree that talking it up too much can many times bite you and prepare the other teams with info on how to play you. This district has never been dominated by one team due to the wide spread talent throughout the district. One or two games of dominance can easily be taken away with a bad inning or a homerun that turns it all around....so yes be careful about the predictions this early in the season.

With that said, my congrats to Creekwood for a well-prepared team last night against Waverly. All the weekend invitationals have definately paid off and made Creekwood a "team". As far as I could see there was not just one "star" but nine "stars" that made up a tough and competitive team. You definately could tell Creekwood has the potential to go all the way with their motivation and "want it" attitude.

Waverly players, Keep your heads up. You had one bad inning in the beginning of the game that seemed to zap your zeal. A few defensive errors hurt you that turned it all around. For the pitcher, you had it going and were impressive but without the backup of your defense, there's nothing you can do when automatic outs are dropped. In baseball at this level, one error can lead to a vicious cycle of errors and this seemed to happen to Waverly last night. You too have a good team but after that one bad inning, all aspects of your play were affected. Always remember, BAD INNINGS CAN GO BOTH WAYS!

Next week will be fun and exciting as all the teams get into the meat of their schedules. Good luck to all teams. PLAY HARD OR DON'T PLAY AT ALL!

Congrats to Sycamore on trying to make a comeback, but it just wasn't enough. Clanton wasn't on last night at all. Parker did a good job when he came in. Seems like Sycamore always gets there bats goin to late.

Creekwood won it on the field, but we won it in the stands.

What's ya'll's record in the stands?