Titans bar McNair from working out

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really shocked that Bud took this move. I know he said that if he gets hurt he is still obligated to pay him, but the comment has been that he would not, in the past, participate in off-season camp, so ###### if you do or don't.

Like the prior post, call him at home!!! I, like the next person, think Steve's days are numbered but he has given his heart, soul, and body to this team. That's why there is no loyalty when it comes to players because apparently "it swings both ways". Did they tell most of the lousey Titans not to come to work as well???? I know of quite a few that I would like to call. Whew!!!!! I feel better now.

This could further inflame the negotiations.

If Steve and Bus play the "outrage" card, then Steve's days will be numbered.

Heck, his days are numbered unless he signs for considerably less and no more than two years.

Bud is playing hard ball now and wants a resolution.

Realistically, he, Bus, and everyone from Houston to Nashville knows he has one more year at best in the two-tone blue.

I agree with you "fromthetop2" but the irony is that, in the media, Steve was called out about not coming to camp, in the past, to pass to the receivers. We all know the real issue but these is degrading. When you say someone has given "their all" he has truly done that.

Steve should take the cut but they should not through he out in bath water. Geez!!!

Some say this is being done because they are looking for a quarterback, "well duh", who did not know that. :D

I believe there are two sides to every coin and although I don't have the inside track on whats going on, I don't like the view I have from where I stand.

My sources from Baptist Sports Park have told me over the years that Steve is not known for coming in and working out with his receivers, or just coming in to workout period.

Up until a few years ago, and I get this from an EXTREMELY good source, he really didn't bother with lifting weights.

And we all know about his disdain for practice under most circumstances, which is not all that unusual with people who've been in the league as long as he has- it's just that QB's need to practice to keep their rythmn up.

Knowing this I just found it a little ironic that he showed up to "work out."

Steve has a Pro Bowl butt???? :huh:

My sources from Baptist Sports Park have told me over the years that Steve is not known for coming in and working out with his receivers, or just coming in to workout period.

Up until a few years ago, and I get this from an EXTREMELY good source, he really didn't bother with lifting weights.

And we all know about his disdain for practice under most circumstances, which is not all that unusual with people who've been in the league as long as he has- it's just that QB's need to practice to keep their rythmn up.

Knowing this I just found it a little ironic that he showed up to "work out."

Steve has a Pro Bowl butt???? :huh:

Corner Pub must have been closed that day. B)

hats off to steve, one of the best things that ever happened to the franchise and the only current titan (as of now) that was a houston oiler. he has been a leader and a great player, but its definately time to let him go. i wish his contract was up at the end of last season, so if he agreed he could take a paycut and be a 2nd string mentor like neal o'donnell was to him. i know that wouldnt happen tho. hopefully we can get rid of him for the money issues. as big as a fan and as much as i like the guy, its definately best for the team