Next Metro Coaching Opening

The weakest region in the world? How's that? What would you say is the toughest region? I would say that over the past five years the toughest region has been in Williamson Co. And who is paired with Williamson Co? Oh yeah its the region you call the weakest. Its no wonder our teams haven't made it past the second round. I wonder which region has won the most championships over the last five years, hmmm. I would say that our region is one of the toughest. There isn't much that seperates teams 1-4. Campbell has has some bad luck but I think that will change, HL is due. How many championships has Riverdale won the last three years and how many D1 prospects have they had? By your account Gary Rankin would be a sorry coach too then right?

What bad luck did he have that every high school coach doesnt go through. I agree that Hunters Lane is due, they have been due for years but the head coach they have now wont take them there. Not now, not next year, or the year after that I promise you. Also Coach Rankins WINS thats something Campbell watches the teams he plays against do. So please dont write Campbell and Rankins in the same sentence unless you are comparing opposites

Edited by ihatebball

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew this thread was going to turn ugly as soon as I saw it posted. I attempted to respond in a positive way by talking about Broom's success at McGavock. Despite that however it did indeed turn ugly.

Broom has done a great job. He has built a solid program and instill discipline.

I never said that our region was the toughest. Infact all I was saying is that we are paired against in my opinion the toughest region in Williamson Co. For you to say that Galatin is the only good team is ridiculous. Ask Galatin if Overton is good, ask Overton is McGavock is good, ask McGavock if Antioch is good, ask Antioch if Galatin is good, do you see where I am going? As far as comparing Campbell to Rankin all I was saying is that if you are going to talk championships with D1 prospects that a ridiculous argument. Ending on a positive note, I think Metro has a lot of quality coaches. Galatin, Overton, Antioch, HL, and McGavock all have good coaches, and there are a lot of good assistants out there too. Galatin's assistant went to Shelbyville, Overton's old assistant and more recently McGavocks went to Hillwood, Antioch has Peden and Bush, HL has Brown and others. This region should be very interesting this year and I only hope our playoffs record greatly improves. We, like HL, are due to beat the Williamson Co. teams!

I say it would be either Hunters Lane coach because he is the worst in metro and has never won no matter where he has been or Overton's coach because he cant coach forever and his chances to win are running out.

I am amazed that someone, who probably never played or coached in a football game, says such idiotic things as this statement. You hide behind your CoachT ID and think you can say anything. What a putz! I have known Coach Campbell for years. I know not only is he a great coach but he cares for his kids. There is more parity in Metro Schools now than ever. Plus Hunters Lane does not accept transfers unless they have moved into the area (most if not all other schools do). Have you seen H.Lane play? Coach Campbell deserves better than to have some idiot get on here and bash him. He demands that players be disciplined and if they don't, then they do not play. Maybe a few more coaches need to do this. Many will not because it takes guts and puts you out there for screwballs like you to talk stupid about them. Get real and look in the mirror!

I know it's off the subject but who do the metro teams scrimmage this spring???? Are there any good ones out there????? Is Hillsboro having practice this spring???? I saw Whites Creek and Hunters Lane practicing today on my way in.

Whites Creek

Hunters Lane

Glencliff

McGavock

Hillwood

Hillsboro

Pearl-Cohn

Overton

Stratford

Maplewood

???????????????????????????????????????????

I know it's off the subject but who do the metro teams scrimmage this spring???? Are there any good ones out there????? Is Hillsboro having practice this spring???? I saw Whites Creek and Hunters Lane practicing today on my way in.

Whites Creek

Hunters Lane

Glencliff

McGavock

Hillwood

Hillsboro

Pearl-Cohn

Overton

Stratford

Maplewood

Take this list, and other than Hillsboro, name a a team that has averaged 8 wins a season for the past 3 years. This number of wins would certify an outstanding program, and in metro Hillsboro would stand alone. There seems to be a lot of coaches not doing well in metro, and maybe it's not all their fault since it looks like it is happening in all parts of the city.

Whites Creek

Hunters Lane

Glencliff

McGavock

Hillwood

Hillsboro

Pearl-Cohn

Overton

Stratford

Maplewood

These are the scrimmages I was told about but I wasnt there for any: Whites Creek lost to McGavock, Glencliff lost to Maplewood and Stratford beat Brentwood High. If I was wrong or anyone knows about the rest let me know.

Take this list, and other than Hillsboro, name a a team that has averaged 8 wins a season for the past 3 years. This number of wins would certify an outstanding program, and in metro Hillsboro would stand alone. There seems to be a lot of coaches not doing well in metro, and maybe it's not all their fault since it looks like it is happening in all parts of the city.

Lilal, Hillwood had 22 wins over the past three years. 7.3 per year. The coach got fired.

I am amazed that someone, who probably never played or coached in a football game, says such idiotic things as this statement. You hide behind your CoachT ID and think you can say anything. What a putz! I have known Coach Campbell for years. I know not only is he a great coach but he cares for his kids. There is more parity in Metro Schools now than ever. Plus Hunters Lane does not accept transfers unless they have moved into the area (most if not all other schools do). Have you seen H.Lane play? Coach Campbell deserves better than to have some idiot get on here and bash him. He demands that players be disciplined and if they don't, then they do not play. Maybe a few more coaches need to do this. Many will not because it takes guts and puts you out there for screwballs like you to talk stupid about them. Get real and look in the mirror!

Good post--HL has one of the best staff's in Metro--they do things the right way :)