Region 7-2A

Digger 85

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're crazy... Milan IS gonna be good, they always are... Whether or not they'll go to state, i don't know, but they will be good and DEFINATELY not #4

i said they were going to be good!..they could and should be in front of humboldt so i will redo my list i suppose and leave the first 2 teams the same and swap milan to third and humboldt to fourth but im sure humboldt will give all they got for the playoffs after a bad year last year...people are underestimating dresden still i think..dresden ppl im pullin for ya this year dont lemme down except against my pioneers!!!just kiddin...but i think dresden will give everyone fits this year :D

Edited by GCPioneer

The sad thing about this topic is we have to have it w/ all those top notch playoff teams bunched together and not all will make it to wk 11.

Thanks TSSAA!!.

You've got that right. How many times in the past few years has the State Championship game been played in the quater or semi-finals?

I doubt Marley`s job will be in jeopardy. He`s one of the best around. USJ had probably one of it`s leanest years last year. I don`t think it was so much of moving up in class as it was just being young and lack of talent. I think the USJ folks recognize this. I think USJ will be more competitive this year, but not yet good enough to compete for a region title. But I think they will be good enough to compete for a playoff shot this year.

VG i know that your from the jackson area and all and i've heard from several people that well the kids and Marley weren't getting along too great and several and i mean quite a few upper classman quit....is that true or do you know anything about that?

I've heard from a so-so source that USJ beat Liberty in their scrimmage on friday.

Not true!

The first team got beat beat 3-1. The other touchdowns that USJ scored were against third and fourth string. USJ will be much improved however. They are throwing the ball extremely well. As for all the discussion about the kids getting along with Marley, they don't have to "like" him to win. Only "respect" him!!

First team score was Liberty 3 USJ 2. USJ scored on an INT return for a TD by LB George Smith and a long pass from Hardegree to WR Muir. USJ gave up two quick TD's to start the scrimmage but then settled down and looked good on D. USJ's offense should be solid with a little more practice time. Both teams looked big and athletic. Liberty's O has a lot more speed than last year, and they should be good again.