Alcoa drops out of Integra Bowl in Kentucky ...

kentuckian

1. I'm glad Alcoa dropped the game...officiating was terrible, (two TD's called back), and it was soooo hot.

2. It wasn't just the facilities and officials. The Hoptown players had no class. The player Brandon threw the punch on was on top of him choking him after the play was over, what would you do in that situation, take it????

3. Alcoa will be traveling to BTW on Week 10.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. I'm glad Alcoa dropped the game...officiating was terrible, (two TD's called back), and it was soooo hot.

2. It wasn't just the facilities and officials. The Hoptown players had no class. The player Brandon threw the punch on was on top of him choking him after the play was over, what would you do in that situation, take it????

3. Alcoa will be traveling to BTW on Week 10.

So does Alcoa usually drop a game when the officiating doesn't go their way? Do they normally play games in August or do they wait until October when the weather is cooler? They should have cancelled the game in April when they began advertising for the opening instead of waiting this late in the summer.

You don't drop/cancel games that are on your schedule. This is the way that Rankin operates and it is one of the things that give the man a bad name. I am disapointed in the Alcoa adminstration and school board for allowing this to happen.

What other game has he dropped that was on his schedule?

A couple of years back ... WB and Heritage dropped Alcoa off their schedule. Many complained because they felt like those county games were important and they hated to see them dropped ... I was one of those who didn't/still doesn't like it.

Many more (especially Alcoa supporters) complained because neither team apparently gave adequate notice of their intentions to cancel the games, leaving Alcoa in a bind.

Is it possible that the shoe is now on the other foot? That Alcoa is guilty of the same transgression?

If WB and/or Heritage coaches and administrators decide that playing Alcoa is not in their best interest, that is their decision to make ... but if you're going to do that, you need to give Alcoa adequate notice.

It would seem the same "rules of etiquette" would apply here to the Tornadoes and their coaches and administrators.

A couple of years back ... WB and Heritage dropped Alcoa off their schedule. Many complained because they felt like those county games were important and they hated to see them dropped ... I was one of those who didn't/still doesn't like it.

Many more (especially Alcoa supporters) complained because neither team apparently gave adequate notice of their intentions to cancel the games, leaving Alcoa in a bind.

Is it possible that the shoe is now on the other foot? That Alcoa is guilty of the same transgression?

If WB and/or Heritage coaches and administrators decide that playing Alcoa is not in their best interest, that is their decision to make ... but if you're going to do that, you need to give Alcoa adequate notice.

It would seem the same "rules of etiquette" would apply here to the Tornadoes and their coaches and administrators.

It was the Bounty County schools dropping Alcoa off there schedule that forced Alcoa to search "far-n-wide" to come up with last minute teams to play. One of those games was the Interga Bank Bowl in Trigg County KY.

That game turned into a "Fiasco"! Even if it took another last minute change to avoid a second trip to KY, it was the RIGHT thing to do. Does it hurt Hopkinsville in finding a team to play?..........YES, and I hate that. But, I do blame WB and Hertage for getting this "snowball rolling".

-BlountCountySportsFan

What did it cost Alcoa to drop the game? This is why I have said the contracts should be for $20,000.00 for football, $10,000.00 for basketball, and $2500.00 for minor sports. This would stop this type of thing from happening. If you sign a contract you need to honor that contract unless the other party starts to change the rules.

Word is that Alcoa has informed Trigg County officials that they will not be returning to fulfill its contractual obligation to play Hopkinsville in the Integra Bowl. Apparently, they waited until June to make their decision known, leaving Trigg officials two months to find a new opponent for Hopkinsville.

Alcoa has apparently picked up Booker T. Washington to fill that date on the schedule, a game which will require the Tornadoes to barely break a sweat.

Classy move, guys ...

it was a good move....trigg is an outlaw program and curtis higgins has no control of his team....that is a bogus 2nd rate bowl game.

What did it cost Alcoa to drop the game? This is why I have said the contracts should be for $20,000.00 for football, $10,000.00 for basketball, and $2500.00 for minor sports. This would stop this type of thing from happening. If you sign a contract you need to honor that contract unless the other party starts to change the rules.

I think somebody said it was $3000.00. If the contract is broken...you pay the penalty. Alcoa did that. They have a right to do that if they choose. More notice should have been given...but I doubt the contract addressed that.

I think that Alcoa made a big mistake in going to KY to play a game in the first place. Why waste the money? I do agree that dropping a game in June is a very un-classy thing to do, but it was the right thing to do.

I think Alcoa could find a more local game to play if they were looking for one, but for some reason they can not get one on the schdule. I do not blame Heritage or WB from dropping Alcoa because of some of the issues involved that I have heard went on over the years, but I wish Alcoa had them on the schdule. It is good for the county and the gate is good for the schools.

Wasting money traveling across the state or state lines for a football game, just tell me the schools have money to burn and do not need any more taxpayer funds to educate youth.

It was the Bounty County schools dropping Alcoa off there schedule that forced Alcoa to search "far-n-wide" to come up with last minute teams to play. One of those games was the Interga Bank Bowl in Trigg County KY.

That game turned into a "Fiasco"! Even if it took another last minute change to avoid a second trip to KY, it was the RIGHT thing to do. Does it hurt Hopkinsville in finding a team to play?..........YES, and I hate that. But, I do blame WB and Hertage for getting this "snowball rolling".

-BlountCountySportsFan

So let me see if I get this right ... since WB / Heritage did "wrong" then it makes what Alcoa did "right"? I thinks there's an old cliche' that speaks to that. :(