Class 4A: Region 3 Favorites

CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Maryville is coached by a man that should be coaching college football somewhere. Powell and Central always have equal talent but their coaches just can't get a clue how to stop Maryville. It's been that way for eight years and there will be no change. South Doyle should not even be discussed in any argument; they are a joke and will continue to be a joke. I played at South Doyle when Don Ward was there. We were not good as far as records go but he instilled discipline and a true work ethic, he was not a great FOOTBALL coach but he made us grow up in a hurry, he turned us onto the path of becoming men. I attended a SD game last year and could not believe what a joke they had become as far as a team with discipline and anyone that really knows football would agree. The coach that is over there now has about 10% as much control of his players as coach Ward did so for all the South Doyle fans out there i will go ahead and tell you your team is soft with no attitude until all of those ultra conservative south knoxville parents shut up and let a real coach take over and make their kid actually have to go through some adversity SD will continue to be the cellar dwellers . Central Powell and Maryville have tough kids; SD has no clue what that means . P.S. there is a sophmore linebacker at West that is going to be the real deal, mark my word, and no, i am not related to him.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I just love it when "former" players get on message board and trash the SD football team. We can't look to the past, we have to look to the future. The players, "conservative south knoxville parents", the administration, and even the "great Charles "lookin for another job" Lindsey, must take control of the situation at South Doyle. Somebody better wake up at see what is going on and stop the maddness. The players that are currently on the team are doing all they can to try to turn this team around. They can not do it alone. These are children in some respects, most can't drive, most don't have away to practice, and most don't have the money needed, but they have hearts, and they love the game of football. They are working as hard as they possibly can. I know they will probably never be on the same level as Maryville, but Maryville, is not from a Knox County School. Things are done differently in Blount County. I could move and change schools, but my kids don't want to be considered QUITTERS, and I admire them for that. So remember before you call them "cellar deweller" you need to remember they are kids, and they read and take in all the crap "former" players say. So unless you have something constructive to say don't say anything. Also, how is the steriod use at Maryville this year?

Maybe you don't understand I am not putting down the players so quit being so defensive i know they have a drive just like they did when i played. We worked just as hard as everyone else but what we were doing, in the weight room and on the track were not put together correctly like they were at other schools. I also agree about the fact that the blount county school system is superior to knox county. All that aside my point is they need people that are going to point them in the right direction those kids have way too much control over there i was at a practice and listened as those players would just say whatever they wanted back to those coaches maybe that has changed but from what i saw last year at the carter game it did not appear so. I know that coach riley is an excellent coach and i dont doubt their head coach knows football but an attitude change is needed if they ever want to compete at the top. The whiney parents of south knoxville that think that kids should be patted on their back for everything and never yelled at are the reason. Parents should step back and let the coaches be in charge. They are not little kids like you are trying to make them out to be, they are at the age where they are being shaped for the rest of their lives, many "kids" are having sex and doing drugs at that age so dont act like they are just little children and if you are trying to imply that i am a maryville fan you could not be anymore wrong absolutly nothing would please me more then to see south doyle do well so that i could say, "hey that is my H.S." but that will not happen in the near future until many things change.

1T(#1 Seed).Clinton(5-2)-looked really good in spring from what I heard

1T(#2 Seed).Halls(5-2)

1T(#3 Seed).West(5-2)

1T(#4 Seed).South-Doyle(5-2)

1T.Lenoir City(5-2)

6T.Powell(1-6)

6T.Central(1-6)-lost their star players, so a down year is likely

6T.Maryville(1-6)-after losing all them players, I have a feeling that this is a down year and everyone has now caught onto maryville

Some would reply and say you are wishful thinking with these picks!

But ole volhead says you must be STUPID! :D

Edited by volhead

At Maryville, talking back at a coach will get a player sidelined, ran, hard yards and if the problem occurs more than twice the player could be dismissed, regardless of who's the players daddy is or his perceived value to the team.

I don't want to brag about Maryville but GQ and company run a tight disciple ship and the results speak for themselves. It is tough to raise good kids these days but dispilne is at the core of a good football player at all levels. Also it does no good to cuss or belittle young men on the football field. Treat them like men and hold them accountable and you'll have a quality program good luck to SD.

At Maryville, talking back at a coach will get a player sidelined, ran, hard yards and if the problem occurs more than twice the player could be dismissed, regardless of who's the players daddy is or his perceived value to the team.

I don't want to brag about Maryville but GQ and company run a tight disciple ship and the results speak for themselves. It is tough to raise good kids these days but dispilne is at the core of a good football player at all levels. Also it does no good to cuss or belittle young men on the football field. Treat them like men and hold them accountable and you'll have a quality program good luck to SD.

That is the way it should be.

IA few yrs ago, I had the privilege to attend a few practices. Not once did I ever hear GQ scream at the players. The man is a class act and he cares about his players.

So unless you have something constructive to say don't say anything. Also, how is the steriod use at Maryville this year?

Good lord what a hypocrite. You ask for something constructive and then throw out steroid use at Maryville? Where in the heck did that come from? You were doing just fine until that asinine completely ignorant line. Seriously....if you have some proof that something like that is happening then throw it out there. I personly think you should be sued for slander....

Well the steriod use is something I had HEARD, from someone close to the program, and also how does it feel to have RUMORS throwed out about your program???? People are all the time talking trash about SD when they really don't know what they are talking about.

Good lord son can you read? Maryville is the target of most asinine rumor mongering such as the lie that you tossed out. Get a freaking life......SD is horrible in football. Maryville will suit up their band for that game.

Maryville must have gotten ahold of a weak batch of 'roids. When they took the field against MoWest Maryville looked much smaller. But they do have solid lines year after year. Maybe Coach Ellis is taking them? The only large kid I remember was McKinney back in 2002.

Theres no way Maryville could be taking roids bc they always lok kinda small when Ive seen them play, but they usually do have a solid line though.

The recruiting rumor is more believable than Maryville taking steroids. These rumors are just made up because they constantly win and people have to come up with excuses and rumors to make themselves feel good and ultimately trash Maryville's reputation that GQ and Maryville has earned respectively

I think all of you should stop talken trash about SD. I bet we work harder then any team in this region. You dont respect us or our coaches. Our team has been threw alot of loosing now we are about go threw alot of winning because the hard work is soon going to pay off. It kills me that you all dont no what we go threw, we get on line and we read everything that you say about us. truth92 and ftbalfan06 keep up the good work defending SD I dont get on line much.

Dont expect respect when you havent earned it yet, and the only way you're going to earn it is to beat teams like Powell, West, Central, Maryville, and Halls. Since SD hasnt done that then they deserve little respect especially when SD people start talking trash about how their D-line is the best and that they are going to beat Maryville and go to the play-offs. If you want respect then earn it on the field.